IGNORED

Keeping statistics distracts you?

ghalfaire
Note: This thread is 4666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

As for doing it, its on my phone, and super easy.

As for it messing with my head, i dont really track it till the end. Sure i know what im shooting. But in the end its just me out there. And im not fighting to break any personal records. But its nice when it happens.

I do it right on my scorecard, takes just a few seconds. All I put down is score, fairway hit or not, number of putts and if I had a sand save or not. That's all I need to my advanced ghin stats to make it give me some good numbers. I could do drive distance but I don't have an accurate way to track the exact distance yet.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I thought this thread had died a few weeks ago but glad it didn't.  I think the question is legitimate and I'm sure the answer is different for different golfers.  So the responses are interesting and diverse. But if you practice I think it wise to know what need practice and that comes from keeping statistics.  So I still keep statistics on my game but I now just write them in and don't look at them until after the round to see how I'm doing.  Just like to don't add up my score at the turn in a normal round.  I really try to just play one at at time on the course and only consider score and statistics after the round.  Of course in competitive play you have to keep tract of score, but still better only play only one shot at a time.

Butch

Note: This thread is 4666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!