IGNORED

Grip size

Note: This thread is 4689 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What size grips do you use?

• Standard
    • Midsize
    • Oversize/Jumbo
    • Putter: Standard
    • Putter: Midsize
    • Putter: Oversize/Jumbo

Switched to Jumbo size tour wraps 2G and midsize pistol for my putter this winter.  Wish I had done it ten years ago.  Just seem to have better control.  Share your insight...

Founder/President, AroGolf Premium Milled Putters
Titleist 983K 9.5 / Adams Insight 3W / Rotation of hybrids/long irons
Ping i3 Blades White Dot 5-PW / Ping Tour Wedges Green Dot 52, 58
AroGolf iON1 FB BLACK mil-spec putter

Last year I had regripped all of my clubs with midsize Lamkin Permawrap grips and for the most part I liked them.  This year I decided to go for PURE grips and decided I wanted the Soft Wraps which only came in standard size.  Honestly, I like them better.. they have an awesome feel to them.  I also put one of them on my putter, so far I like the round putter grip better.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I saw that commercial on the golf channel for those jumbo grips, you know the one where the other guy says ill wear a dress if you beat me with those grips and he ends up having to do that.   I can see a jumbo grip for the putter and maybe a slightly over size grip for driver and fairway woods as you're usually just trying to rip those as far as you can.   Jumbo grips for irons?   Not too sure about that.  Anyone try these, just curious about how they would work for irons.  I just got new golf pride tour velvet grips for my irons earlier this year and I think they are definitely an improvement over the stock grips even when they were new.   I had no idea you could even get jumbo grips for anything other than putter until I saw that commercial, didnt even cross my mind.

• Upvote 1

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

I use standard grips but double wrap them with tape so they're a tad bigger. Still not quite as thick as the midsize options though.

Irons - nike.gif Forged Blades / Project X 7.0

Driver - nike.gif VR Pro Ltd. Edition 8.5° / FUBUKI Alpha 70x

Wood - nike.gif SQ 3+ 13° / Stock Diamana S-Flex
Wedges - cleveland.gif Tour Action Gunmetal Reg 588 54° & 60° / DG S400
Putter - White Hot XG 2-Ball F7

Bag - nike.gif SQ Tour Carry

I put .580s (standard) on my .600 shafts with one wrap of tape. It was the new standard and many OEMs set up their clubs like this (at least they did for player's club in the 90s and 2000s).. I have been using this set-up since 92 and is just slightly larger than standard. Here is a grip calculator that will calculate your grip size with your shaft size if you want to get crazy with it.  When I had a driver with a .625 shaft I used the .600 grip to achieve the same effect.

http://www.hirekogolf.com/hireko/graphics/orderportal/modules/grip_size.html

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Note: This thread is 4689 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!