IGNORED

Anyone used the "Figure 8" strap swing trainer?

Note: This thread is 4674 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought one of these recently, and they are supposed to give you the "connected" feel for your arms while you swing.  I definitely feel this connectedness, but it still feels awkward while I swing while wearing it.  Any thoughts?

I'm sure besides just having the thing on, a lot of the "awkwardness" comes from the change in your swing, something you aren't use to feeling because you are doing something different than what you normally do.  That at least lets you know a change is in the making, and if things are working better, that's a good sign.

I've had one for about a year. As you state it does feel awkward at first, but I found that was because my right arm was coming a little over the top. It helped me keep my arms connected with each other throughout the swing, keeping my left arm extended and my right arm now closer to my body. Helped me groove the feeling of driving the club through the ball rather than at it. My old swing was a fade tending to a bit of a slice now it's a nice draw. When I practice with it now I don't really feel that I'm using it if my swing is working as it should, but it quickly let me know if my swing is getting a little off. I found it helped me so good luck with it.

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

Note: This thread is 4674 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!