IGNORED

Bubba Watson at The French Open

deasy55
Note: This thread is 4657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Bubba is an interesting person, he has one side where it seems like he is the nicest/funniest guy ever..then this other side where he turns into a complete ass.

Believe Bubba just got down and was caught on a bad day....Part of being analyzed 24/7.  He's a talent, bit of a Dalyesce type and needs a personal secretary filtering all his moves. But He is always a story.

I think Bubba has the right to say what he thinks. If he don't like French food or misses home then so be it. Maybe he wants to get back home to his father who has cancer. Even watching some of tournament he was playing in France the announcers commented on how the French people go to the tournaments more to be seen by others than to actually watch the tourney and respect the players.

I think Bubba has the right to say what he thinks. If he don't like French food or misses home then so be it. Maybe he wants to get back home to his father who has cancer. Even watching some of tournament he was playing in France the announcers commented on how the French people go to the tournaments more to be seen by others than to actually watch the tourney and respect the players.

Of course Watson has the right to say what he wants, but that also means the rest of the world has the right to criticize what he says. Also, his father passed away last October.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Of course Watson has the right to say what he wants, but that also means the rest of the world has the right to criticize what he says. Also, his father passed away last October.

I didn't know his father had finally passed away. But I going through the same thing with my mother she has stage 4 lung & brain cancer. That's one of reason I like rooting for Bubba because he also a good old countryboy who seems pretty down to earth. Possibly with the passing of his father which he was close with it will make time tougher for a while. Some people mourn different. Just hope he keeps his head up and knows when he gets back to America thing be back to normal. Reporters at Scandanavian Masters was bragging on how well Bubba was acting there. So it just seems like Bubba may just had a bad week in France. And since he's a star everything gets criticized! Good luck Bubba & do good at the PGA Championship & then the FED EX CUP! Win them all!

Are you saying Bubba was being arrogant and ignorant toward France and European Tour because his father passed away 9 months ago?!? This sounds like an excuse to me...

Originally Posted by rockytopcamaro

I didn't know his father had finally passed away. But I going through the same thing with my mother she has stage 4 lung & brain cancer. That's one of reason I like rooting for Bubba because he also a good old countryboy who seems pretty down to earth. Possibly with the passing of his father which he was close with it will make time tougher for a while. Some people mourn different. Just hope he keeps his head up and knows when he gets back to America thing be back to normal. Reporters at Scandanavian Masters was bragging on how well Bubba was acting there. So it just seems like Bubba may just had a bad week in France. And since he's a star everything gets criticized! Good luck Bubba & do good at the PGA Championship & then the FED EX CUP! Win them all!

Originally Posted by rockytopcamaro

I didn't know his father had finally passed away. But I going through the same thing with my mother she has stage 4 lung & brain cancer. That's one of reason I like rooting for Bubba because he also a good old countryboy who seems pretty down to earth. Possibly with the passing of his father which he was close with it will make time tougher for a while.

If that was the case, then why commit to the tournamnet?  Maybe the $$$ on the appearance check is what lured him in.  If you are going to take a handsome sum of money to appear at a golfing event as a professional, then you should, act like a professional.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

He didn't get paid an appearance fee.

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

If that was the case, then why commit to the tournamnet?  Maybe the $$$ on the appearance check is what lured him in.  If you are going to take a handsome sum of money to appear at a golfing event as a professional, then you should, act like a professional.

Which I find strange because the European Tour are well known to give out appearance fees for non Tour members that will draw crowds, like Bubba.

Originally Posted by shades9323

http://www.dbune.com/news/sports/6983-bubba-watson-apologizes-for-behavior-at-french-open.html

Quote form the link.  Maybe it's just a rumor?  Who knows...

"Watson went to his twitter account Saturday, looking to apologize for the uproar he caused at the Alstom Open de France, where he missed the 36 hole cut but did pick up an appearance fee of $240,000." ""

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

http://www.indiacitys.com/2011/07/13/the-open-2011-bubba-watson-regrets-burbling-about-parisian-landmarks/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm;_medium=twitter

Quote from the link: "Contrary to earlier reports, the 32-year-old American did not receive a $200,000 (£126,000) appearance fee for journeying across the Atlantic."

Link was procured from Bubba's Twitter account.

Originally Posted by Deryck Griffith

http://www.dbune.com/news/sports/6983-bubba-watson-apologizes-for-behavior-at-french-open.html

Quote form the link.  Maybe it's just a rumor?  Who knows...

"Watson went to his twitter account Saturday, looking to apologize for the uproar he caused at the Alstom Open de France, where he missed the 36 hole cut but did pick up an appearance fee of $240,000." ""

So there is conflicting reports. I would be surprised if he didn't pick up a fee though as they are extremely common on the European Tour. There's a fair few given out for each tournament. They are known as "promotional services fees " fees though

There really aren't conflicting reports unless you are calling Bubba a liar.  The link I posted is straight from the horses mouth so to say.  Are you calling Bubba a liar?

Originally Posted by deasy55

So there is conflicting reports. I would be surprised if he didn't pick up a fee though as they are extremely common on the European Tour. There's a fair few given out for each tournament. They are known as "promotional services fees " fees though

No need to try and drag me into a cat fight

There really aren't conflicting reports unless you are calling Bubba a liar.  The link I posted is straight from the horses mouth so to say.  Are you calling Bubba a liar?

what's most likely is he was offered an appearance fee if he made it through the weekend. so technically, he can still say he didn't collect any money.

Why would I try to drag you into a cat fight?  I am not a woman. Just pointing out that Bubba said he didn't get any money.  IMO, Bubba saying that trumps any "report" out there that insinuates he did, thus no conflicting reports.

Originally Posted by deasy55

No need to try and drag me into a cat fight

Note: This thread is 4657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!