IGNORED

Sunglasses

Juancd75
Note: This thread is 4666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I wear a pair of Oakley A-wire 2.0's on the course. However, I don't wear them when I'm swinging or putting.

905R 9.5* | Steelhead Plus 15.5*, 18*
MX-25 3-PW | T-Zoid Pro II 3-PW
Vokey SM TC 60.04
Special SI Anser II

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm picking up my pair tomorrow.

Hey Erik -- I sympathize with you. Sadly, as I've gotten older (I'm 47) my eyesight has slowly gotten worse and I really can't drive or play golf well without corrective lenses. I've had prescription sunglasses with polarized and UV blocking lenses for the past 6 years but none of them worked well for me on the course either.

This past year at my annual eye exam I needed a slight prescription change so when I went for new glasses I looked hard at sunglasses as well. I wanted something that was easy on-off, a mostly "wrap-around" design to keep bugs and the wind out and most of all comfortable. I finally found a pair I really, really like. They're RayBans and have polarized and UV lenses with a hardcoat. They were not cheap (about $450 before I talked them into a $150 discount because I was buying another pair of frames and lenses). I wear them pretty much daily now and I played golf with them the last half of last year. They don't distort much except at the very edges of my peripheral vision. I generally don't putt with them on but I have on very sunny days and they didn't give me any problems with judging breaks in the green or length. Much like finding the the clubs that just "feel right" in your hands, I am sure there's a pair of sunglasses that will work for you!

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

I am color blind and always thought that it made it tougher for me reading greens. I bought a pair of PeekVision glasses on e-bay and have been very happy with the results. They have definitely helped me on the greens.

Try Tifosi Optics. They were originally used for competitive bicycling. Adjustable fitting system and you can get prescription lenses as well. Now they make a GT (Golf Tennis) model that comes with 3 inter-changeable lenses.

I have two pair. The Slips and Pave are both great. At 59.00, you cannot beat the value. I think Tifosi got a pretty good review here as well.

Bag: Mizuno Twister
Driver: Taylormade R7 460 9.5 Stiff
3 Wood: Sonartec SS 2.5 14 Stiff
7 Wood: Sonartec SS 2.5 21 Stiff
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 19 StiffIrons: Mizuno MX 19 4-PW Do not use the gap wedgeWedges: Mizuno MP T 5308 and 5810Putter Yes CallieI can also choose between a 4 or 5 wood or MD...

Oakley C Wire. I've had two pairs of Oakley's the past 5 years or so and they are durable, keep the sunlight out and look good.

I do sometimes take them off when putting and reading greens but I think that's just a sunglasses thing.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I too wear glasses and I bought a good pair of prescription sunglasses with polorized lenses.They cost more for the polorized lenses but hell I am worth it

Did you get a brand name of sunglasses and perscription lenses?

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

I have the Oakley half jackets and the Thumps. I like the Thumps because I can listen to music when I practice or end up playing a round by myself. Also with the Thumps the lens flips up which comes in handy while putting.

I wish i could help! I cannot play with glasses on.. My perception is way offfffff.

Titleist 983K 8.5* Prolite V2 stiff
Callaway Hawk VFT 3 Stiff
Taylor Made 16 & 21* Raylors
TM oversised irons 3-sw Rifle stl shafts
Titleist Vokey spin milled 60*Titleist Vokey 52* Tour

• 2 weeks later...
I just ordered a set of Oakley whiskers with polarized lenses with my most recent eye Rx. I am looking forward to getting them b/c they will hve a little more coverage than my current glasses and will be better than the transitions lenses I have. I did not think about green reading with them on, but don't think/hope that will be too much of a problem.

Everardo, I saw you have the Nike Maxsight contacts, how do you like them. I was interested in those but have too much trouble getting contacts in that I decided to just stick with glasses...besides everyone I know with contacts complains at some point about eye irritation and what not, which leasds me to think more and more about laser correction...but hell if I have that much trouble with contacts a " laser " in my eye will probably freak me out.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

• 1 month later...
Try Tifosi Optics. They were originally used for competitive bicycling. Adjustable fitting system and you can get prescription lenses as well. Now they make a GT (Golf Tennis) model that comes with 3 inter-changeable lenses.

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I just got a pair of prescription Tifosi sunglasses and they are awesome!

I got the Forza model with prescription GT lenses in them. The GT lenses really work well, I was able to see all the subtle breaks in the green with them on and they also helped a lot picking up the ball in flight. I had some problems with ball flight and my prescription Ray-Bans, I kept losing track of the ball in mid-air. I was able to see the ball flight much much better with these new glasses and didn't have any problems tracking all my shots. I didn't take them off for the whole round as after I got on-course I really forgot I even had them on. Very comfortable and I never noticed any distortion around the edges. These are great golf sunglasses. I special ordered them from a local bike shop I frequent (BikeSource). As it turns out they are the only Tifosi dealer close to me. It was the first prescription special order they had done and they did a great job getting all the details taken care of. It took about 2 1/2 weeks to get them after I placed the order. Not cheap at about $275 (about half what my other Rx sunglasses cost ) but they are great glasses and I'm happy with them.

What's in my bag (most of the time)

Exotics 12°, Aldila VS Proto 65S
Exotics CB1 4W, 16.5°, Fujikura Stiff
3DX DC Ironwood 20°, 23°, 26º Hybrids, Proforce V2 Stiff Acer XP905 Pro 6-PW, Dynalite Gold S300Inazone CNC Spin Satin GW 50°/8°, SW 54°/14°, LW 58°/4°Boccieri...

Sorry to dig up an old thread but I just got a pair of prescription Tifosi sunglasses and they are awesome!

I have had a sponorship with several sunglass companies thru my cycling teams. I bet I have 30 pairs lying around the house. Rudy Project are my favs. Their warrenty is rock solid Tifosi are by far the best value going. If I was paying full price these would be at the top of my list. The Tifosi glasses today are eons better than the ones I had a few years ago. Oakley are nice but their warrenty and prices kill them for me. They do have the most styles available and I still wear a the few pairs I have left.

hammerTyme();
stop();

I bought Oakley half-jackets last year. Just after the six-month warranty expired, one of the lenses broke where it connects to the frame. I called Oakley, sent them in and they repaired them for free. I thought I was good to go when I got them back about a month ago. This week I noticed both lenses are cracking. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if they would be willing to replace them.

r7 425 Quad 9.5*
V Steel 15* r7 21* 4-PW rac lt CG11 gunmetal 52*, 56*, 60* wedges 2-Ball belly putter

I'm thinking about trying out the new Nike Maxsight grey-green contact lenses.

907D2 9.5 degree with Aldila VS Proto 65
906F2 15 degree with Aldila NVS 75
585.H 17 degree with Aldila NVS 85
2-PW 690MB
Vokey 254.10 Prototype Vokey 260.04 Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2 Pro V1x

I got a pair of Tifosi's recently. I got the EC Fototec which change to a darker tint the brighter it is out. I agree great sunglasses. I ordered them from Edwin Watts for $60. I didn't need a perscription though.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

Note: This thread is 4666 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!