IGNORED

Sunglasses

Juancd75
Note: This thread is 4656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey all. This might seem like a weird post but im wondering what kind of sunglasses you use and what u would reccomend? I have a pair of Arnettes which i love, but they dont block much of the sun. I find myslef squinting even with them on. Has anyone used a pair of sunglasses that you swear by? I would love to hear what everyone recommends.

THANKS!!!!

In My Callaway Golf Bag:

Driver: BB 454 8* Aldila nv65s
Fairway Wood: 3&5 Sport Stiff
Hybrid: Nicklaus 21* Himax4- PW: GT2 Tightlies StiffSW: 588 GunLW: 588 GunPutter: OZ T100Bite Men's Golf AC II Golf Shoe Top Flite ballGrey Goose Mini's

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a good question I would like to know also. This might be the first year I will wear sunglasses on the course. I have sensitive eyes and get headaches on bright sunny days. I always keep Advil in my bag for that. So maybe I'll get a pair of sunglasses and save my stomach at the same time.

What's in my bag
Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5 degrees UST Proforce 65 shaft
3 Wood: Taylor Made V Steel 15 degrees
Taylor Made Rescue Dual 22 degrees (UST IROD shaft)
Irons: Mizuno MP-67 (bent 1 degree upright)Gap Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle 52 Sand Wedge: Mizuno R Series Black Nickle...

I have had really good luck with my Nike sunglasses.

I know there not high end sunglasses, but they get the job done.

The best part about them is the interchangeable lenses, I use the golf lense which is designed to improve vision while on the golf course.

I would at least look into them before blowing $200+ on another high end pair. I got mine for about $80 at a Nike Outlet.

Driver: Speed Pro D 9.5*

3 Wood: 904F4 15.5*

Hybrid: 585.H 19*Irons: MP-32 4-PWWedges: 52* CG12 DSG 58* CG12 DSG 64* CG12 DSGPutter: custom Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-SlantBall: Pro V1x

Hey Big. thanks for the reply. what type of nikes are they:

THNAKS

In My Callaway Golf Bag:

Hybrid: Nicklaus 21* Himax4- PW: GT2 Tightlies StiffSW: 588 GunLW: 588 GunPutter: OZ T100Bite Men's Golf AC II Golf Shoe Top Flite ballGrey Goose Mini's

I've been partial to Oakley since my first pair in 1992. I currently have the Half-Jacket which has interchangeable lenses. They go for $105-150 depending on what lenses you get. This will be my third golf season with my current pair and the first time I'll be changing the lenses. They can take a good beating...

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Oakley period.. I have never had a problem with them, they protect my eyes look good and with minimal distortion.. I wear razrwire nbt

heres a link
http://oakley.com/o/o4763d

you can change the lens for different lighting condions..

goodluck

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

oakleys, period. they don't warp your vision. i have been playing with sunglasses on sunny days for the past seven years (only oakleys). i don't wear the expensive models, around 70 bucks retail, but that's all i need. try on as many models as you can and get the ones which give the most complete sun blockage. oakleys also block 100% of uv a and b rays, which are really damaging to your eyes. i find it hard to believe people don't wear some kind of eye protection when they play.

in the bag:
driver-titleist D2 10.5* w/aldila nv shaft
3-adams speedline fast 10 w/aldila shaft
hybrid-titleist 585 17* w/aldila shaft
irons-titleist 735cm w/ttdg s-300 shafts

wedges-cleveland 588, 53* and 60* w/ttdg shafts

putter-scotty circa 62 #1, gun metal finish

ball-pro v1

shoe-dryjoys

wow those razr wires are NICE!!!!!

THANKS FOR THE REPLIES!!!

In My Callaway Golf Bag:

Keanon , they make some great looking glasses. It seems like everyone these days is wearing oakleys, if you want to stand out with some very stylish looking shades, I say go with Kaenon. All their lenses are polarized (great for golf), and when you look at the prices of polarized Oakleys, they're actually c heaper.

Davis Love III, Robert Allenby, Paul Azinger, etc. aren't the only ones liking them, I've got the Rhinos and i love them.

wow those razr wires are NICE!!!!!

Thank you, this is my 3rd pair.. Dont ask

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

I have a pair of older oakleys, prior version of the razr wird, but unfortunatley I can no longer get buy without my glasses and I hate contacts. I have glasses with transitions lenses but I would prefer actual sunglasses. May be time for that laser correction.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

I have a pair of older oakleys, prior version of the razr wird, but unfortunatley I can no longer get buy without my glasses and I hate contacts. I have glasses with transitions lenses but I would prefer actual sunglasses. May be time for that laser correction.

Oh geez. i had those transitions and i hated them. i too need glasses and contacts sometimes dry out too much. im back to contacts because its too bright here in So. Fla. the transitions never got dark enough.

In My Callaway Golf Bag:

I too wear glasses and I bought a good pair of prescription sunglasses with polorized lenses.They cost more for the polorized lenses but hell I am worth it

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

The most comfortable and best viewing sunglasses I've used are SunBuster's.
http://http://www.sunbuster.info/fuzzy.html

Still, I'm not a huge fan of sunglasses. So the last time I had my contacts checked, I had the dr. order me up some with UV protection. They seem to work well. Not as much protection as sunglasses... but better than nothing.

Jack Waddell
The Sand Trap .com

In My Bag (for now):TaylorMade Burner 9.5 REAX 50 stiffBobby Jones 3W, Fuji TP 26.3 stiffAdams Idea Pro 2, 3, 4 Iron hybrids, Aldila VS Proto stiffAdams Idea Pro Forged 5-PW, TT Black Gold stiffTitleist Vokey 252.08 Tour ChromeTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 58.08...

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have a pair of Callaways which I really like, and am getting ready to drop on a pair of PeakVision shades. The peaks have a graded lens which is reputedly good for the way you need to see when playing, i.e. darker sky lighter ground...

WTIB:
Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5° Scads of shafts - now: Kai'li 63 stiff
Tour Edge Exotics 3 & 5 FW
Callaway X-22 Tour irons
Bobby Jones 3 & 4 hybridsRife Abaco/Odyessy Black Series i9 puttersWith a few more hangin' around

Note: This thread is 4656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!