IGNORED

Driver.

Dent
Note: This thread is 6278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am looking for a driver and i was very interested in the type my friend has

(King Cobra 460sz 9.5 Loft Reg Flex Shaft)

I looked everywhere to find the current price of a brand new one of these but it is nowhere to be found. I have a store here called Golf Town where they have everything but they do not have it on their website either and I cannot drive there. Could anyone find out or be able to to tell me what the current price of this driver is?
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

yea i did check ebay, but all of them are Stiff flex and alot are heavily used. I am looking for the price of a new one and Regular flex. Thanks for the help.
In My Bag

5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

The price should be around $279 if you could find a new one, but it seems that there are no new ones around at this time. The best you could do is to find one on Ebay that is in mint condition.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

No question, e-bay is the place to look.

Look at x-flex or senior flex stuff. Far less demand may bring price down low enough for you to replace the shaft with a nice aftermarket Regular for almost the same price as a stiff if you get lucky!

callawaypreowned.com also sells stuff besides callaway - check it out.

J.P.

Bridgestone J33 10.5* Fujikura Rombax w
Bridgestone J33 15* Fujikura Zcom tw74
Tour Edge XCG 18* 3 hybrid Mizuno MP30 4-PW DG S300Vokey SM 52 bent 51Vokey Spin Milled 56 & 60Cameron Newport BchBridgestone B330s

k thanks for the answers. I just emailed my local golf store and they said those are long gone. i guess its either ebay or something else. Does anyone recommend the Callaway Ft-3 Fusion?
In My Bag

Just my opinion: Everyone can benefit from the SUMO^2(sumo squared).

I am a pretty low handicap and I loved the fact that you can swing your A** off and still end up in the fairway.

Driver: Speed Pro D 9.5*

3 Wood: 904F4 15.5*

Hybrid: 585.H 19*Irons: MP-32 4-PWWedges: 52* CG12 DSG 58* CG12 DSG 64* CG12 DSGPutter: custom Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-SlantBall: Pro V1x

if i had that kind of money id love that driver, except for the fact that its square.

I have these to choose from (that in are in my price range) can someone give me the best one out of these. Some of my specs:

-Age 14
-Avg Drive: 270
-Fairly Fast Swing Speed

Taylor Made r5 Dual Type-N Driver
Nike Sasquatch 460 Tour Driver
King Cobra F-Speed Driver
Callaway Fusion FT-3 Neutral Driver

Id like an opinon on which is the best out of these.
In My Bag

any1 got any suggestions?
In My Bag

Check out the Reviews section as all of the drivers you are inquiring on (with the exception of the King Cobra) were reviewed at one time or another. Just scroll through or do a Search.

Personally, I would suggest getting on a launch monitor to find out which shaft/head combo works the best for your swing speed, etc...then go club shopping. (Which reminds me, I need to make an appointment myself )

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

if i had that kind of money id love that driver, except for the fact that its square.

None of those. By far the longest driver is the Ping G5. I hit it 10-15 yards further than the FT-3, or the R7 quad.

Try it.
Ping G10 9° driver
Taylormade Burner 3-wood
Taylormade Rescue 16°
Taylormade Rac OS 5-PW
Ping G2 3-4Titleist Vokey SM54.14, SM60.08Odyssey Marxman putterTitleist Pro-V1 balls

Get the right shaft and any of those drivers will work for you. It is almost a certainty that you will be swinging faster in the next few years, and at 270 you should consider at least a stiff shaft. Some people say error on the side of getting a less stiff shaft, I take the opposite approach, with a slightly stiffer shaft you know that you can swing all out if you want to and not be pulling the shot.

But assess your tempo, do you really load up the shaft right before impact and make an aggressive move, or do you have a flowing swing.

Looking back the one thing I regret is not using an X flex shaft when I was a young man. My swing speed was 120+ but I used a regular shaft as at that time the advice was that only 'pro's or low handicappers used S or X.

Now the advice is if you have a swing speed 105-110 or over you can use an X, 100-105 use an S, under 100 use an R.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

Phoenix your dead on man....

For the longest time I was hitting a Taylor Made 580XD with a reg flex shaft... at 6'1 and 240, I found even with solid contact, I would fade them right to the point that I'd aim in the left rough... when I did pull one, I had to usually re-load... also I found I wouldn't go after one and my swing speed dropped to compensate to keep it in the fairway, and even then it was rough..

The solution was trying someone else's driver with a similar body type and swing speed. Was awesome hitting fairways, and I shot an even par back nine..It was nice to use 8 irons or less into greens...even better hitting from the faiways....the make was different but the shaft was a stiff....

Taking into consideration your swing, ensuring your not outside to in (cutting across the ball), the shaft in your club is more important than most people consider.

So find a shaft that works for you, and your pretty much there, and Taylor Made isn't a bad option to try, especially the R5 dual, or the R7 quad..

Best of luck!

In the bag...

r7 TP 425 (Tour issue) Fuji Fit On X flex
r7 tp 13*/17* GD Purple Ice 85g X (tour issue)
Dual Hybrid TP 19* Aldilla Stiff 680 forged irons rifle 6.5 shafts 4-PW RAC TP Y Cutters Satin Wedges 54/60 with Project X 6.0 Scotty Cameron Newport 2 34' ProV1X ballFootjoy shoes, gloves and...

I think the Cobra F-speed has the hottest face. You can get one of those for about $140 on ebay. I just bought one. But you can also get a used Taylor Made R7 460 for under $100. I have a few friends with that one and they are scratch and love it.

A golf site for golf fans : www.thepar3.blogspot.com

F-Speed Driver 9*
F-Speed 3-wood
Boxer 3H
X20 Irons 4-AW
Tour 56* Tour 60* Sabertooth putter:taylormade: TP/Black ball

yea ive tried the R7 its nice but im not to keen on it really. I guess the best thing to do is going to a Launch Monitor and let the pros recommend to me what i should use. Thanks for all of your suggestions. Ill have a new driver in about 2 weeks and ill let you guys know what i got.
In My Bag

I have the 460. I believe Cobra has introduced 2 new sets of drivers since the SZ was launched. The Golf Town in Winnipeg had Cleveland Launcher Comps for $198. Great deal. Pretty decent driver. I bought an 11.5° for my son's birthday.

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ HL Matrix Ozik Flex M
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R 18° Aldila NV-HL65 S
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Ping G2 steel 5HL,6,7,8,9 & PW 

Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 54,56 & 60° or Nike SV Tour 50°

Yes! Sophia blade

Note: This thread is 6278 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!