IGNORED

Which driver do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 4061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1 member has voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to drivers? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

After a few years, I am still using a Titleist 983K 9,5º with Aldila NVS65 Stiff.

I have tried (not owned):
Callaway FT-i, FT-5 and Big Bertha 460
Taylormade 425TP and Superquad

but was not that impressed, except with the Superquad. l have not tried (but dying to) the Titleist D2 and the Cleveland XLS

Truth of the matter is that my driving isn´t my problem. I am well above average in length, with a slight draw. My course management and short game is what kills me !!!

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use a Titleist 905R +YS-6. One thing that has always been pretty consistent with me and Tity drivers has been that you get what you put into it.

If it's a bad swing you're going to get bad results..period. I have also noticed though that the misses don't penalize severely though. For me, it's been a dead shot right or left. The misses, for me, don't seem as harsh as some of you drivers that balloon the ball into the next fairway.

I'm still using the R5 and will for a while yet. I am going to change out the shaft this year. I dont really care what name is on the head. I think there is too little credit given to the value of having the right shaft in place.

I totally agree. The head really doesn't make much of a difference. It's all about getting the right shaft.

Driver: Hi-Bore XL 8.5* X-Stiff

3 Wood: ORLIMAR VT830 15* Stiff

Irons: RPM Undercut OS 4-GW Sand Wedge: CG 10 54*Lob Wedge: 588 60*Putter: White Steel 2-Ball CS Ball: NXTBag: IDEA Stand Bag

I use a Titleist 905R +YS-6. One thing that has always been pretty consistent with me and Tity drivers has been that you get what you put into it.

Absolutely agree with that, but the 905 requires that you put a LOT into the shot, if you don't the shot quality goes way down. Other drivers are more forgiving as far as giving fairly good results with not a lot of effort.

If you're young and strong or just strong :) and can really put a lot into a shot, then this is a great driver, it has a great sound and feel and the ball will both carry and roll out with a real good shot shape.

2009 Burner R
FT-I Fusion Squareway 3W 15* Fujikura Speeder Fit-On R
5W R7 R
FT Fusion Hybrids Draw 3/21*, 4/24*
G5 5-PW X-forged Vintage: 52.12, 56.14MDScotty Cameron: Newport 2 ProV1

other.

Macgregor MACTEC NVG2 Draw 10.5*. just picked this baby up and so far i am lovin it. only have played 1 round with it but i am hitting the driver waaay straighter then i was before i got it. plus it was only like 60 bucks. cant beat that really.

DRIVER: MACTEC NVG2 Draw 10.5*
WOODS: Big Bertha Warbird 3&7 wood
IRONS: Magique Custom 3-9
WEDGES: PW, Horizon 56*, The Pirate 60*
PUTTER: ????BALLS: Laddie ExtremeMy Scores-http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/pinbacksc

I just purchased the Taylor Made Tour Burner. It should be in on Friday, and I plan on putting it in play over the weekend. I've heard some really good things about this driver.......we'll see...........
Jody B.

Cobra Speed Pro S 9.5 X-Stiff
Cleveland Hibore XLS 3WTaylor Made Super Steel 5W (Steel Shaft)Cleveland Hibore XLS 3 Hybrid (Steel Shaft)Titleist AP1 5-GapCleveland CG14 56Cleveland CG14 60Odyssey 3Ball 33" Putter

I use a TaylorMade R580. I like it, but I wish the loft was lower.

Driver: MP-600 9.5 w/ Fujikura E360 Stiff Shaft
4 Wood: F-60 16.5 w/ Exsar FS3 Stiff Shaft
Irons:MP-57 3-PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300 Shafts
Wedges: MP-R Black-Ni 52, 56, & 60
Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: ProV1/ProV1xGrips: Winn Xi7

Right now, I use a Taylormade Tour Burner(see sig.), but I'm really tempted to try the Ping G10, not to say that I'm not satisfied with the Tour Burner because I am, but the G10 is so tempting, although I think I have to wait at least another season before I change my Tour Burner since it's still pretty new ...

CPGA Member
Eagles Nest Golf Club
Toronto Highlands Golf

I have just liked the Titleist and use it. I have used Callaway in the past and have recently started using Titleist and I like them much better.

Joey R

In the Bag:

905T w/Aldila NV 75x 904F w/Dynamic Gold x100 MP-32 w/Project X 6.5 Vokey 52.08 BeCu 56 MP-R 60 Studio Stainless Newport 2 ProV1, ProV1x, or NXT Tour

Was using a Taylor Made R5 Dual N in 10.5 but didn't like the stiff flex, returned it and just picked up a Nickent 3dx square in 12* with regular shaft. Seems pretty good so far but man it's loud.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

• 2 weeks later...
MacGregor NVG2 -- I don't think I could ever get rid of it.

MacGregor MACTEC NVG2 8.5* Driver
MacGregor UT2 NVG2
Taylormade VSteel 3W
Cobra IH300 3-PW
Nike SV 56* SWNike SV 50* GWOdyssey 2ball PutterTitleist Pro V1x

MacGregor NVG2 -- I don't think I could ever get rid of it.

My friend just bought one of those used for $25 bucks at golfsmith. At first I was thinking, what kind of crappy driver can you get for $25 but when I saw it I was pretty impressed. MacGregor is a joke in most other sports but I guess their Mactec line is respectable in golf.

SLDR 430 TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR Mini Driver TP Graphite Design DI-6s
SLDR 4h Matrix Black Tie 95s
Ping G25 4-PW
Ping Gorge 50, 54, 58

Ping Anser IWI

Note: This thread is 4061 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!