IGNORED

Which fairwaywoods do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to fairwaywoods? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

if you want game improvement iron with thin top line etc try Taylormade R7, Cobra FP, Wilson Di7-go to a shop and custom fitted for a real set!! you'll enjoy hitting them more

He was talking about fairway woods, he never even mentioned the word irons, so I'm just wondering how you got to the fact that he was talking about them?

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was talking about fairway woods, he never even mentioned the word irons, so I'm just wondering how you got to the fact that he was talking about them?

read his post again dopey! under where he lists whats in the bag he says in massive bold letters "

Help! Looking for game improvement irons with thin top line and less offset" Perhaps you should mind your own business 907golfer12
What's in my X cart bag

X460 10° off the tee, usually followed by either Big Bertha 3 wood or BlueMax 7 wood-stiff graphite
Then one of theseDi7 uniflex steel 5-SW and finally the NXT tour straight in the hole using Rossa Daytona

I'm sorry I don't read someones signature every post, calm down buddy it's not that big of a deal, most people respond to the post and not the signature, espically when the post is about fairway woods and not irons.

Here's what I play:

Titleist 907 D2 10.5* UST ProForce V2 76-S | Titleist 906F4 18.5* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist 585H 21* Aldila VS Proto "By You" 80-S | Titleist ZB 4-PW TTDG S300 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 54.10 | Bob Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.08 | Scotty Cameron Red X5 33" |

I'm still a golfing newbie, and even more so with hybrids. I'm currently playing a Callaway X 18 deg and X 24 deg. I'm not consistent, yet, with either club.

If I make solid contact (sweet spot, 3/4 swing, 80% tempo) then I'll hit the 24 deg 185 carry, 195-200 net and either straight or 10-20 yds right.

Same swing with the 18 deg is more like 205 carry, 225 net. I'm more inconsistent with this club and a slice isn't out of the question.

I also have a 19 deg TM Burner Rescue which I like the feel of but I balloon these so I switched to the X which feels more solid, better flight and really hop off the club face.

My Bag:

Driver: Srixon ZR-W 9.5* Graffaloy Epic 68(R)
Fairway: Wishon 949MC 16.5*
Hybrid(s): Cobra Baffler DWS 20*Irons: 6-PW Mizuno MP-52. 5i Mizuno MX-23Wedges: Cleveland CG12 DSG 56/10Putter: Rife 2-Bar Hybrid

Burner 3 wood (15*) and I love this club. Very forgiving and hit it a ton off the tee or ground...

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

I'm still a golfing newbie, and even more so with hybrids. I'm currently playing a Callaway X 18 deg and X 24 deg. I'm not consistent, yet, with either club.

Sorry, looks like I posted this on the wrong thread! I do not currently use any fairway woods -- I slice them like a baby driver!

My Bag:

Driver: Srixon ZR-W 9.5* Graffaloy Epic 68(R)
Fairway: Wishon 949MC 16.5*
Hybrid(s): Cobra Baffler DWS 20*Irons: 6-PW Mizuno MP-52. 5i Mizuno MX-23Wedges: Cleveland CG12 DSG 56/10Putter: Rife 2-Bar Hybrid

Callway Big Bertha's love them, the only club in my bag that hasn't changed in the past 3 years (other than my irons which will be being replaced at Christmas)

Driver- 9.5 905R
Woods- V-Steel 15*
Hybrid- Rescue Dual 16*
Irons- 3-P Project X 5.5 Wedges- Vokey 54* and 58* Putter- Scotty Ball- Bridgestone B330-S

I've posted about it elsewhere, but I love my Mizuno F-60. I don't always carry it, but it is a solid club. Looks great, sets up well, reasonably forgiving, etc. I also sorta like the stock Exsar shaft.

Driver: FT-3 Tour 10.5, Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue 75-S
FW: Insight XTD Pro FP400F 14.5, Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ FW Stiff
Hybrids: G10 18 / 21, AWT Stiff
Irons: Steelhead X-14 PS 4-A, DG S300
Wedge: Vokey SM58.12Putter: 35" Studio Design 1.5Ball: B330, Z Star X or AD333, or D2 Feel...

Hi Guys,

Could someone give advise on the cleveland launcher steel 3 fairwaywood? Is it ok for a high handicapper like me? Also your thoughts on cleveland hibore 3 fairwaywood?

ISLAND PAR

In my Mizuno Bag:
TBD, MacGregor 4W(16*), 3H(20*),4H(23*), 5H(26*) Mizuno MX-900 6-PWAdams Watson 2010 Wedges (GW, SW, LW),Ping Wolverine Putter "But I thought you meant these golfers from our club when you said you needed SANDBAGGERS to help with the flood...

i have confidence in my driver and long irons . what ever wood may be in my bag are for display purposes .
it would be to any golfers advantage to use what ever wood would fit their game . there are no specific models or brand as of now which we can say hold the advantage . all boils down to what ever keeps your game on the level is what counts most .

Hi Guys,

Kabayan , try multiple woods from different manufacturers on the driving range . opinion on what may fit you does not hold as it is only you who can decide what club will best give your game a boost . remember this is a game that clubs come at your specs and what ever may be others gold may not be to your game .

Need info...

I have been swinging a Callaway Steelhead 3W for ages and thinking of buying a TaylorMade V-Steel 3W that is on clearance.

Could users of both club please provide a comparison of the clubs for me? Trajectory, ease off the deck, off the tee, shot dispersion, etc?

Orlimar Tri-Metal, originals
They hit straight and have a great ball trajectory. And i love the "thin" face!
What's in the bag (and what kind of Bag...)
Aerolite Walking Bag (no riding!)
HiBore XL 9.5°
Orilmar Tri-Metal 19°
G2 4-PW CG10 52° 588 56°Knight 64° Ansr G2I

I use System Q. I'm just starting out again after 15 years and that's what brand my uncle made for me. Once I consistently shoot in the mid 80's, I'll get a new set from a major manufacturer.
In My Sun Mountain C-130 Bag
Woods: System Q
Hybrid: System Q
Irons: Acer XP905
Ball: Other EquipmentPush Cart: Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1My Home CourseGreen Knoll Golf Course

I use a Taylormade R580 XD. I like it a lot. Makes it easy to knock it on the fairway.

Driver Tour Burner 9.5*
3 Wood Burner High Launch 14.5*
Hyrbid Burner Tour Launch 20*
Irons: R7 4-PW
Wedges: CG12 50* 56* Vokey Spin Milled 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2Backup: 2-ball XG Center ShaftBall: Pro V1xAge: 16

After several tests on various fairways as Kabayan Albatroz advised and found the Ping G10 15.5* work best for me. You're right Kabayan what was gold for others wasn't gold for me. Thanks!

ISLAND PAR

In my Mizuno Bag:
TBD, MacGregor 4W(16*), 3H(20*),4H(23*), 5H(26*) Mizuno MX-900 6-PWAdams Watson 2010 Wedges (GW, SW, LW),Ping Wolverine Putter "But I thought you meant these golfers from our club when you said you needed SANDBAGGERS to help with the flood...

Note: This thread is 5765 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!