IGNORED

Which irons do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 members have voted

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to irons? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

. . .Just got the new CGB Max irons from Taylor Made with the Black Steel shafts. They are very forgiving and as advertised, allow you to hit the ball higher. They were advertised that they would increase your distance but I seem to be not hitting the ball as far with these as I did with my real old graphite shafts! Not sure why except that I'm almost 60. . .maybe that's it!!

. . ."Commit to each shot. . .and believe"!!

In my R7 Tour Bag:

Driver: Taylor Made R1 "Black" Aldila RIP Phenom Stiff Shaft  Fairway:  RocketBallz #3 (15 degree) Stiff Shaft  Hybrid:  #3 (19 degree) Stiff Shaft,  Hybrid:  #5 Burner (25 degree) Stiff Shaft   Irons & Wedges: CGB Max '08 Black Steel Stiff Shaft. PW, SW, & LW. Putter: Rossa Modena...

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other.

im not even sure what brand they are. They have a little cactus on the back of the clubhead....so i guess the are cactus brand? ill try to get a pic of them.

DRIVER: MACTEC NVG2 Draw 10.5*
WOODS: Big Bertha Warbird 3&7 wood
IRONS: Magique Custom 3-9
WEDGES: PW, Horizon 56*, The Pirate 60*
PUTTER: ????BALLS: Laddie ExtremeMy Scores-http://www.oobgolf.com/golfers/pinbacksc

Mizuno MX-25s. I got them a few months ago and I love them so far, they hit great and are really forgiving.

909 D2 9.5° Driver - Diamana Blue Board Stiff
F-60 3W - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue Stiff
CLK FLI-HI 17°/20° Hybrids - Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue Stiff
MP-57 4-PW - True Temper Dynalite Gold Superlite S300
MP-T 54°/12° & 60°/8° - Rifle Spinner Bettinardi C-03 Putter Pro V1x

TaylorMade R7 4-SW

Driver: Big Bertha 460 10*
Fairway: X Tour 3W 15* w/ Fujikura TP 26.3g
Hybrids: Fusion FT-Hybrid 3H 20*
Irons: MP-32 3i-PW
Wedges: Vokey 52.08 | SM56.14 | SM60.04Putter: Red X 33"Ball: Pro V1xShoes: Air Zoom Elite

i use titleist 680mb they are unforgiving but once you get used to blades nothing compares to the feel and the look!

Driver: D1 9.5 stiff (grafalloy blue)
Fairway: 975f 14.5 (stiff)
hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 degree
Iron: 690MB 3-PW (S300 dynamic gold)
Wedge: Vokey RAW 54, 60Putter: studio design 1Ball: ProV1 (or any found balls)Bag: Areo 2 (2.5lb ideal for carrying)Home course:...

I play with Wilson Staff's di7. A game improvement iron that has been easy to hit. Since I retired, my handicap has been dropping. Practice does help. Tempted to give the pi7's a try.

http://www.wilson.com/wilson/staff/p...=1211241401282

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

For the past 7 or so years I have been playing with Titleist 981's with regular flex steel shaft. My dad just gave me his set of 755's so I just put them in my bag but haven't hit them yet. They look very similar to me so hopefully it will be a smooth transition.

Driver: R7 425 9.5 degree
3 Wood: 904F 15 degree S300
Hybrids: 585h 21 and 24 degree S300
Irons: 755's 4-PW reg steel
Wedges: 52 and 56 degree wedges with lead tape covering the label (unsure of which design) and a Vokey spin milled 60.08 Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Select 33"Bal...

I currently use a set of 8 year old Maxfli Revolution irons. I still like them after all these years. Maybe next year I will get a new set. I say that every year though.

Tim

All my clubs (except the putter) are from Golfsmith. I have built all my clubs for the last 10 years. I think I would go crazy if I wasn't able to tinker with my golf course weapons. I have consistently compared everything in my bag with the brand name "big boys" and have never come away disappointed with Golfsmith products.

My putter is my own design (I have many). I have my own milling machine so I get to put my thoughts and ideas into a physical product. The one currently in my bag is a high MOI mallet with 1/2 degree negative loft with groves on the face similar to Yes and Guerin Rife putters. All my putters are within the rules of golf but have not been sent in to the USGA. So for tournaments I use a store bought blade.

I have 3 sets of clubs that I use with some regularity, but I am now starting to lean toward one more than the others. I have 2 sets of Cleveland irons. I have the TA1's and the TA6's. The TA6's were the first set of irons I bought when I got into the game, and really worked well for me for a while. I also had a set of i3's, Eye 2's, and G2's that I used, but didn't really fall in love with any of those. My third set of irons that I use with regularity are Mizuno T-Zoid True's.

Of the TA1's, TA6's, and True's, I'm beginning to lean toward the True's. I get a little more distance with the TA1's, and I like the feel of the TA1's a little better, but I like the look of the True's at address, I like the ball flight I get with them, and I'm a tad bit more consistent with the True's than the TA1's. All 3 are excellent sets of clubs, but I felt that the forgiveness of the TA6's was hindering my game more than anything by training me to mis-hit the ball because they're so forgiving. I love my blades.

Driver: Big Ben C-S3
3w: Tight Lies
Irons: T-Zoid True
Wedges: Vokey 56* and 60* spin-milled
Putter: unknown 3-ballBall: HX-Tour/Tour ix

I switch back and forth between...
Ping s59's and forged Wilson Staff Goosenecks (circa 1984)...
I hit the forged goosenecks about 10 yds further per club...and with more elevation.
I hit both with a slight draw...with my normal swing.
I can shape the shots with either...

Ty

Stix:

Driver: Taylormade superquad 9.5 deg
Fairway: Taylormade burner 3 & 5 woods)
Hybrid: Taylormade 3iIrons 1: Mizuno MP-32Irons 2: Tommy Armour muscleback bladesIrons 3: Wilson Staff Goosenecks (1984Wedges:Titliest vokey and & lob 60 degPutter 1: Tad Moore MnBr bladePutter 2: Tommy Armour...

OK, sold my powerbilt grand slam's today. Bought a set of Ram FX2's off of ebay. (Yes I'm poor).

Driver-Callaway FT-5 Draw 9.5"

3WD-Callaway Hawkeye 15*

Hybrid-Callaway FT 21*

Irons-Callaway Steelhead X-16 4-P

Wedges-Callaway Big Bertha Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter-Odyssey White Hot #1

Used to play with TM RAC OS2 and now switched to RAC CB/MB's

Driver- HiBore XL 9.5°
Hybrids- #3,#4 and #5
Irons- RAC CB/MB combo
Wedge- Vokey 52° Oil Can
56° CG-1060° CG-10Putter- CorzaBall-Bag- '08 Monaco

Voted other
Old school Wilson Staff tour blades
not the latest technology but I love 'em

âI'm glad I brought this course, this monster, to its knees.â

Just took out the Titleist Ap1 irons after 2 weeks and replaced them with the Callaway FT irons. Just liked the feeling better but not the price of $1200 ouch! The FT's actually have more of a players feel with a narrower sole and slightly thinner topline. The AP2 irons would have been a better fit than the AP1's for me.

Titleist 915 D-2 9,5*

Titleist 915F 15*

Titleist 915H 18*

Mizuno MP-4 3-PW

Mizuno MP 54* & 60*

Yes Pippi Putter

I switched from the Hogan Apex Edge which has a little more offset and a bigger head than what I use now. I also wanted Graphite since I had wrist, right hand and back issues last summer.

I switched to the Mizuno MX-900s which work for me. I wanted maximum game improvement to help me play.

STR8 Dymo 10.5
Dymo 3W
Mid Rescue 3
MP-33 4-PW
Eidolon 52* GW LW, SW Titleist Bullseye Putter

Note: This thread is 5592 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!