IGNORED

Which wedges do you use?

hypergolf
Note: This thread is 5771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Which brand do you use when it comes to wedges? Pros and Cons.

• Callaway
    • Taylormade
    • Titleist
    • Mizuno
    • Cleveland
    • Nike
    • Bridgestone
    • Srixon
    • Ping
    • Cobra
    • Others (Please specify)

I have a Callaway X-Tour Vintage PM 60.I also have a 50 and 56 degree titleist 200 series. I want to replace them with callaway wedges or mizuno wedges. I like the feel of forged wedges than cast wedges

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Cleveland CG4 PW, CG12 56*, and CG14 60*.
Love them all. The CG14 LW is great. Tons of spin. Easy to hit all types of shots.
Driver: FT-5 (10° Draw UST Proforce V2 Stiff)
3 Wood: SS2.5
5 Wood: GT2 Tight Lies
4 Hybrid: Rescue Mid 22°
Irons: CG4 Steel Regular FlexWedges: CG12 (56° Standard Bounce) CG14 (60° Standard Bounce)Putter: XG #7Ball: Maxfli Noodle Long and Soft / Callaway HX Hot

Well, I have a Tommy Armour 52*, TM Rac Black 56, a Titleist 60* and just got a Mizuno MP-R 60*..

Love them all ..and don'tknow about the Mizuno yet.

SiD

WITB
What's in SiD's bag

Ogio Stand Bag
Driver
910D3 9.5 set to 8.5
907D2 9.5 VS Proto Stif

f3WoodCleveland XLS 15* Stiff

Irons TaylorMade Tour Preferred 4-9

Wedges Gun'd 48* & Vokey 58

Putter 34" XG #7

I don't change equipment often, but I went way too long before replacing my wedges. I now play Ping Tour-W wedges (60°, 56°, 52° bent to a 51°).
So far so good.

Driver: R7 SuperQuad TP 9.5° Fujikura Rombax 6X07
Hybrid: Rescue TP 19°

Orlimar3wood: Hip-Steel 15° (oldie but goodie)Irons: Ping i10 [4-GW] DG X-100Wedges: Ping Tour-W [54° & 58°] DG X-100Putter: i-Series Piper HBalls: B330-S or e5+

I use the Callaway X Tour wedges. I use 50°, 54° and 58°. I really like the feel and I feel very comfortable with them.

I want to share a pic I took:

Regards :)

Driver: 905R 9.5° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Fairway: 906F2 15° (UST Proforce V2 Stiff) | Hybrid: 585.H 21° (S300) | Irons: AP2 4-PW (Project X 6.0) | Wedges: Vokey Design 52.08, 56.11 & 60.11  | Putter: Studio Select Newport 2 

www.flickr.com/avm_photo

Have used Cleveland wedges for years. Just got the new Callaway X-Forged (52 and 58 C grind). They are designed by Roger Cleveland and remind me of some of his earlier designs. Also re-shafted them with the Rifle spinner wedge shaft which gives a great feel in wedges.

Cleveland wedges r the best ive ever used, and Titlest are good to from what I hear but Ive never hit one. Im stickin awid Cleveland

WHATS IN THE BAG?

Calloway 460cc Big Birtha driver
Nike NDS irons
Cleveland 54 degree wedgePing lob wedgeRIFE Martinique Island Series putter

Puglielli 54*& 58* DGS300

If ya ever get a chance to look at one of these in person, check the milling on the face. Unlike any I've seen. Spin milled, but different. Agressive bounce.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

I bought a new CG12 56 last year even though I had never used a Cleveland before. I bought it to replace a Tom Watson wedge that I got at Target. I guess I never went crazy over the CG12. It works fine, but so did my Watson. Even with the zip groove it doesnt seem to spin any more.

So because I was not blown away by the Cleveland I decided to buy a Nike SV Tour Gap wedge. I was blown away! The Nike has a much better feel to me then the Cleveland.
It sticks to the greens better and the ball feels like butter off the club head.

So then I got the Nike Lob for Christmas and I cant wait to try it out. If it ever gets warm again in Wisconsin...
"When I play with him, he talks to me on every green. He turns to me and says, 'You're away.' "
-Jimmy Demaret referring to Ben Hogan

In The Bag:
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XL (10.5 -conforming)3 Wood: MacGregor V-FOIL5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001Irons: Ben Hogan BH-5 (4-PW)Wedges:52 - Nike SV Tour56 - Cleve...

Vokey wedges - grinds done by Bob Vokey - just the best craftsman in golf.

Although I have been lucky, very lucky, I would recommend having someone grind wedges for you - different conditions, courses, grasses etc can make a huge difference.

Tour Superquad
Burner TP 3 wood
Adams 5 wood
Adams Hybrid
TM MB Vokey Wedges (from Vokey) Scotty Cameron Tour Putter

Nothing but Vokey......... 50* Raw, 54* spin mill raw, 58* spin mill raw. I have tried most of the top brands and the Vokey's are the best for me.

Driver: TaylorMade Burner Superfast  9.5*

3 wood: Callaway X

5 wood: Cobra F/ST Speed LD

Irons: Orlimar HipSteel
Wedges: Vokey 50*, 54*SM, 58*SM

Putter: Scotty Cameron Futura

Ball: ProV1 

Shoes: FootJoy 

Bag: Callaway

Cart: Yamaha Gas

Home course:  Umpqua Golf Resort

CG12 DSG... versatile, pretty, raw, just plain delicious. Only drawback is name on the sole of wedge.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

I use a Wilson Harmonized 60 degree wedge and Cougar Pitching and Sand Wedges. However, soon to be getting either Titleist or Taylormade wedges in the next few months.
Wilson Staff Tour Carry Bag:

Staff DD+6 10.5* Proforce V2 Reg
906F4 15.5* Aldila VS-Proto 'By You' 80S Reg585.H 19* Aldila VS-Proto 'By You' 80S RegStaff Ci7 4 - PW w TX 105 RegVokey Spin Milled Oil Can 52* Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 56*Harmonized 60* Lob WedgeRossa Daytona 1

I love my MacGregor V-FOIL wedges, 56 and 60.
pros...can stop/spin the ball on a dime...cons, the ball stops/spins on a dime!
If I need the ball to run a bit I use my trusty old trashed abused 56 Vokey.

In my Procombo stand bag
Fusion FT-3
Fusion FT-3 3 wood
Citation 2 iron from the early 80's
Cronin Tour irons 4 - PW V-foil 56 Vokey wedge 58 Oil canV-foil 60 G2i CRAZ-E ProV1

I just picked up a Titleist Vokey 52° and a Spin Milled 56° that I love. I also carry my 60° Cleveland 588 Tour wedge, but I rarely use it.

909D-Comp
909F-2
585H Hybrids
755 Irons
Vokey Wedges 2-Ball F7 B330S

Note: This thread is 5771 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!