IGNORED

Big Break VII Official Thread

TerenceFinn
Note: This thread is 6325 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I still can't believe Tommy qualified for the Wachovia. He's playing with VJ right now, hope he learns something!

Oh, and I personally think fat man is leaving next.
THE SET

Driver - FT-5 Tour 9.5* w/ Matrix Studio 84g X Flex
3 Wood - X-Tour 15* w/ Matrix Studio 94g X Flex
5 Wood - X 18* w/ Matrix Studio 94g X Flex(3-9) - Forged MB TT Dynamic Gold X100 D4 weighted standard length and liePW - X-Tour Vintage 50* same shaft as aboveSW - X-Tour Vintage 55*...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like he is teeing off at 854a off 10 tee

http://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/r480/tee-times.html

he really does seem like a good guy..did you see he shot 31 on the first nine (back nine of course) on monday, then had two doubles on the second nine, but finished strong with a birdie, made a 20 ft par on the first playoff hole to stay alive, then a birdie on the 2nd playoff hole to qualify? that is ice water in the veins.
http://golf.about.com/b/a/258065.htm

more importantly, is he dating Bri?

Tommy shot 74 in the first round and the projected cut it at 1 right now so he has some work to do to make something happen. Good luck to him.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

Tommy Twelve Gloves has way more game than I gave him credit for. I was so not impressed with his swing and attitude on the show. His short game must be even better than I thought it was, because his long game swing can't be whats keeping him in it! The cut just went to +3 so he needs to play this last 9 holes either even or -1 to be completely safe.

OK, Tommy Six Gloves, Tommy Two Tone, or whatever your name is, this is where the rubber hits the road, will he prevail and make the cut, or will he faulter and fail?

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Update, They just showed "Tommy Fiftyfive Gloves" on TV and Peter Ousterhaus just dogged him on his extremely poor posture, setup, and swing. I've never heard Peter talk like that about a player ever. It was if he was describing an amatuer during a pro-am. Hang in there Tommy, he got up and down for par on #14 but he's +4 now and needs a birdie coming in with 4 holes to play. He may have the swing of a +12 Handicapper but his short game is pro level!

Will he make the much needed birdie?

In My Bag:

Update, They just showed "Tommy Fiftyfive Gloves" on TV and Peter Ousterhaus just dogged him on his extremely poor posture, setup, and swing.

To me, it seemed like an objective observation and nothing at all like Oosterhuis was "dogging" Gainey.

Looks like T2G missed the cut with a snowman. Too bad. Maybe he will be back. But what about him and Bri?

r7 425 Quad 9.5*
V Steel 15* r7 21* 4-PW rac lt CG11 gunmetal 52*, 56*, 60* wedges 2-Ball belly putter

Ousterhaus: "You wouldn't want to copy that swing"

Oh, I guess he meant that as a compliment?

But on a serious note, hats off to Tommy! I really believe if this guy would lose the glove thing, get a little help from a swing doctor, he really could make it out there! For his first shot at a PGA Tour event and nearly made the cut is impressive. Plus, Quail Hallow is not a easy course, this wasn't the BC Open he was trying to make the cut at.

In My Bag:

TG x 2 was on the verge of being eliminated in last night's (5/8) episode. But, in the end Tommy pulled it out and is heading into a 3 man, I mean 3 golfer final with Big Mike and Ashley.

Thank goodness for DVR -- next Tuesday I'll be on the road, on the way to a golf trip in the Shenandoah Valley and most likely won't get to see the finals of Big Break VII until I get back home on the 21st even though I'm sure I'll hear about it.

I'll be pulling for TG x 2, but won't be upset if Mike or Ashley prevails. IMO, there is nobody left to pull against. And, it's probably more interesting with a villain or two lurking (like Pam or Don). Or somebody really quirky, like Kelly or Nikki, even if they aren't villains.

I have a hard time rooting for Mike. I like Tommy because of his attitude and Ashley for Ahem...other reasons. I liked Dave for the fact that he lives in the next town over from where I spent the last 13 years. I just cannot see Mike making it on the Nationwide tour for even one tournament. Tommy at least had the game to qualify.
In my bag:
Driver : 905R 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 15*
5 Wood: Big Bertha Titanium 19*
Irons : 755Wedges: Vokey 50* Wedges: 588 DSG 56* Putter: 2 Ball Lined Blade 35Ball : ProV1

Go Tommy! My money is on Dave going down next.

Told you so!

r7 425 Quad 9.5*
V Steel 15* r7 21* 4-PW rac lt CG11 gunmetal 52*, 56*, 60* wedges 2-Ball belly putter

I was pulling against Don, so I got my wish last week. It would be interesting to see Big Mike win, but I'm pulling for Tommy. Ashley...well, I like her for other reasons, like the guy above said.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

• Administrator
I have a hard time rooting for Mike. I like Tommy because of his attitude and Ashley for Ahem...other reasons. I liked Dave for the fact that he lives in the next town over from where I spent the last 13 years. I just cannot see Mike making it on the Nationwide tour for even one tournament. Tommy at least had the game to qualify.

Ditto to all of that. Ashley may make it on the LPGA Tour (though winning is probably out of the question). Mike, sorry, but if your dream is to be a pro golfer, I really don't think you can be THAT heavy and do it. Nice guy and all, but c'mon Mike, wake up a little!?!?!

What an off-week all week for Dave. Seriously, wow.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Ditto to all of that. Ashley may make it on the LPGA Tour (though winning is probably out of the question). Mike, sorry, but if your dream is to be a pro golfer, I really don't think you can be THAT heavy and do it. Nice guy and all, but c'mon Mike, wake up a little!?!?!

Dave had a horrific week outside of his short game. As weird as it looks, he has an incredibly effective putting stroke. I was amazed that he took Tommy to an extra hole hitting the ball off the tee the way he was. As for Mike, I hope he has some type of a metabolism issue to explain his "figure". Otherwise, lay off the cheesepuffs.

Should be an exciting finish.
In my bag:

Driver: FT-3 10° Diamana Blueboard 63 Stiff
Fairway: 904F 15° Purple Ice 75 Stiff
Fairway: 904F 19° YS-6+ StiffHybrid: Idea A2 20° Aldila NV 85 StiffIrons: Silver Scot Forged MB 4-PW, Rifle 6.0 ShaftsGap Wedge: Silver Scot Forged 52Sand/Lob Wedge: Vokey SM 58.12 Put...

If Tommy just shows up at all I gotta believe he wins this easily. I just think his game is so far ahead of the others.

It's hard to say just how good Mike is because I think his swing is greatly effected by his weight condition. I think it's safe to say Mike's weakest part of his game is his putting, which is really bad news if you want to be successful, you gotta be able to putt. He claims to be a great ball striker, but from what I've seen, Tommy is just as good if not better, plus Tommy has a short game and can putt.

Something real flukey is going to have to happen, or Tommy is going to have to choke his brains out for the other 2 players to have a chance. The silly games are over, it's just pure golf from here on in!

I was also glad to see Double D get knocked out, but it might have been more interesting to see him and Tommy go at it in the finals. They were the best 2 players in the field, Double D just couldn't get that brain engaged when he needed to in the elimination challenge.

In My Bag:

Didn't I hear on the tease that next weeks matches are a 9 hole contest? If that's the case, I honestly don't see how Mike can walk 9 holes; he was huffing and puffing pretty bad when he had to play Bri for 2 or 3 holes...and that was a par-3.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

Note: This thread is 6325 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!