IGNORED

Big Break VII Official Thread

TerenceFinn
Note: This thread is 6179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I saw the opening show last night and I have to say it was very entertaining. Don't get me wrong, I've seen many of the other shows but since everyone already knows everyone else, there seems to be much more camaraderie, right off the bat.
Dave, is a funny guy. Nikki, seems to be searching for love more then an LPGA opportunity. Kelly, is still the coach (whether people want him to be or not). And so on.
I didn't see the very beginning but it is quite interesting to see who got paired together. How was that decided?

So what do you think? Do you think this will be the best one yet? Or maybe you could case less. I'm interested.

In the bag
Driver: HiBore (10.5, graphite - regular)
Irons: MX-23 (steel - regular)
Wedges: Vokey (56, 60 degrees)
Putter: White Hot 2-Ball Blade

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I missed the first episode but caught some of the video clips on The Golf Channel's website. I'm not sure how good the show will be this time around, at least not for the first few shows. I thought it was interesting to hear that a few of the contestants had no real desire to play professionally anymore but that they were there for the show. Even if the desire isn't there anymore, I'm sure there has to be some competitive spirit that will intervene so that you don't lose. Once it cuts down the drama and plotlines and just gets down to golf, it should be a good show.

Scott Sandlin
ROLL TIDE!

Driver: Taylormade R7 425 10.5 deg, Stiff
Fairway: Taylormade R7 Steel 13 deg, Wilson Deep Red II Distance 18 deg, StiffIrons: Titleist 735.cm 3-PW, DG S300, +1.5", +4 deg upWedge: Titleist Vokey SM 53 deg and 59 degPutter: Scotty Cameron Santa Fe 33"Ball: Titleist...

. . . [text deleted] I thought it was interesting to hear that a few of the contestants had no real desire to play professionally anymore but that they were there for the show [text deleted] . . .

I think a lot of them have had a dose of REALITY which has tempered their expectations . . .

And I'm still hoping they sneak Danielle in one show just to bust Pam's chops!

I've only seen bits and pieces of the show, but I do have a little bit of trivia...

One of the assistant professionals at my local course tried out for the show the year before last. She would have been a great, great addition to the show, and we were all really disappointed that she didn't make the final group.

Tall, attractive, and hits it 300. Think Michelle Wie with curves, and a game. Great sense of humor, and really one of the guys. Played for (iirc) Univ. of Kentucky. Now an Assistant Professional at TPC Avenal.

Miss ya, Col!

• Administrator
I've only seen bits and pieces of the show, but I do have a little bit of trivia...

Without pictures, you're gonna have a hard time convincing people of that.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

One of the assistant professionals at my local course tried out for the show the year before last. She would have been a great, great addition to the show, and we were all really disappointed that she didn't make the final group.

Speaking of the University of Kentucky...

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Without pictures, you're gonna have a hard time convincing people of that.

Well, I know her well enough to ask for a pic, but she knows me well enough to tell me to go jump in the lake.

So, y'all will just have to trust me!

I apologize if this is anothe thread..but who's watching it? I'm glad both Cinday and Gary got the bonk..talk about an unconfident player..she seemed doomed for each shot..why even be in the show..what a waste..by far the worst player on the show.

I agree that one guy, Mark?, (one that did the Seve impression) kinda bugs and see how when he's pullinmg that slap-stick b.s. it can get into your head..I guess it worked for him..but I can see someone eventually telling him to clam it..give it a rest.

Valeria shocked me when she got jealous/catty over that one gal partnered up with Don Donatello who is kickin arse..give her some props..don't be a hater.

I'm glad Dave is wearing shoes..got sick of his whole hillbilly/Fred Flintstone look.

I watched the first episode, but I DVR'd tonights. Guess Ill have to watch it now as it sounds like it was a good one.
Bag:  ping.gif Voyage Orange/Black/White
Driver:  ping.gif G10 w/ Aldila Proto X-stiff
3 Wood: titleist.gif  975f
Irons:  ping.gif i10 w/ AWT X-stiff
Wedges: titleist.gifVokey Spin Milled 56* & 60*Putter: ping.gif Zing I-SeriesBall: titleist.gif ProV1x

I'm glad that old dork got booted...he was a punk. I just love Bri...my fiancee is starting to hate her more and more.

L4Vx Diamana Red
Burner 15° R
#5 3DX DC
Raptures 4-U Wedge z-z65 Shafts
SM Oil Can Vokey 56° Black Series i #1 b330

My buddy got me watching last year, so this season I'll stick with it a while.

Though I'd rather see Danielle back....! Right now I'm rootin for Bri... No one else really captures my imagination...

WTIB:
Callaway FT-9 Tour 9.5° Scads of shafts - now: Kai'li 63 stiff
Tour Edge Exotics 3 & 5 FW
Callaway X-22 Tour irons
Bobby Jones 3 & 4 hybridsRife Abaco/Odyessy Black Series i9 puttersWith a few more hangin' around

glad to see gary is gone... he sucked...

couldnt believe it when valerie went off on those guys over ashlee... ashlee is playing her arse off... she deserves some props....

i kind of like mark... he's got a laid back attitude... but i only watch for double D....the man.

• Administrator
Cindy on the LPGA Tour? Not likely. Gary? ******* - gone. Good on both of 'em.

I like the show because my wife likes it and it lets us spend 30 minutes (once you skip the commercials) together on golf-related TV, but does anyone think any of these people have enough talent to get anywhere in the world of golf? Really?

I'm not saying that alone makes for bad TV... I just reject the entire premise of the show.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

There actually was another thread started, but it's buried in the Grill Room.

Big Break VII Thread

I'm in agreement to say that I'm glad to see Gary gone. I thought it was a bit hypocritical of him to complain about "professional courtesy" when Mark was doing his Seve impersonation, yet he started hacking into the sand while the other guy was trying to hit his last shot. I think maybe two or three of the whole bunch have potential to make a decent living at the top tours, but overall it's just like going to a fantasy baseball camp for most of the golfers.

I did think it was refreshing to hear that a couple of the participants have no aspirations at all for professional golf and are just there because they were asked to be there. At least some of these people don't take themselves that seriously.

Scott Sandlin
ROLL TIDE!

Driver: Taylormade R7 425 10.5 deg, Stiff
Fairway: Taylormade R7 Steel 13 deg, Wilson Deep Red II Distance 18 deg, StiffIrons: Titleist 735.cm 3-PW, DG S300, +1.5", +4 deg upWedge: Titleist Vokey SM 53 deg and 59 degPutter: Scotty Cameron Santa Fe 33"Ball: Titleist...

Man, talk about Karma biting you in the ass. Only rarely have I ever been so happy over someone getting kicked off a show like this. What an absolute jerk he was.

I hope that don't allow Gary around any Jr. Golfers. What a more example of sportsmanship.

Note: This thread is 6179 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!