IGNORED

Shoes???

Note: This thread is 6259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am just about set for the season and the last thing I need to get now is new shoes. I have a hard time with shoes, my Nikes that I have been wearing the past few seasons tear my heels apart for the first few rounds every year... I thought they would break in but they never did...

My list of needs for a shoe are:

1. Comfort
2. Waterproof
3. Price (I have to be reasonable)
4. Traction
5. Style

I am looking at the Etonic G SOK ($88 - in my price range) and I plan on trying them on, but I was just curious if anyone here has tried these? I am asking because the description says:

"Goodyear rubber outsole combine to create golf's first and only non-cleated performance shoe."

Just wondering if they provide decent traction without cleats, also do they wear out because I am not sure you can change them if they are not cleats...

Also, if anyone can speak to the comfort and waterproofness (if that is a word) I would appreciate it...

And if anyone can suggest any decent alternatives that would be great...

Thanks!!

What's in the Bag

Driver: HiBore 10.5* ProLaunch Blue 65s
Hybrid: No Fear 3i
Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

footjoy dryjoys. as they say, to break them in all you got to do is take them out of the box. been wearing them for almost 15 years and never had a blister or wet feet. they are a little above your price range but when your feet are comfortable and you don't have to replace them for at least 5 years (i've had mine for well over 10), i think they are worth the few extra bucks. never really tried any other brand.

in the bag:
driver-titleist D2 10.5* w/aldila nv shaft
3-adams speedline fast 10 w/aldila shaft
hybrid-titleist 585 17* w/aldila shaft
irons-titleist 735cm w/ttdg s-300 shafts

wedges-cleveland 588, 53* and 60* w/ttdg shafts

putter-scotty circa 62 #1, gun metal finish

ball-pro v1

shoe-dryjoys

footjoy dryjoys. as they say, to break them in all you got to do is take them out of the box. been wearing them for almost 15 years and never had a blister or wet feet. they are a little above your price range but when your feet are comfortable and you don't have to replace them for at least 5 years (i've had mine for well over 10), i think they are worth the few extra bucks. never really tried any other brand.

Thanks! I appreciate the response, I am seeing DriJoys at $229 a pair, though (Canadian)... A little too steep price wise...

What's in the Bag

Irons: Launcher LP 4-PW Harmonized 50* GWAmerican Standard 56* SWStriker by Golf Trends 60* LobPutter: Pro Response bladeBall: Tour Fire

TGW has a clearance sale on last year's Adidas Tour 360. $129. Bought some last year and I love em. Limited sizes available, though.
In the bag

909D3 8.5 Matrix Ozik XCon 7 X
Burner TP 14.5 Fujikura RE*AX SF TP 75 X
Idea Pro 20 RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour (2005) 4-PW RP Project X 6.0 X-Tour Chrome Wedges 50 and 54 RP Project X 5.5 X-Tour Vintage 60 w/ PM grind Teryllium Ten Newport 2 34" ProV1X

TGW has a clearance sale on last year's Adidas Tour 360. $129. Bought some last year and I love em. Limited sizes available, though.

I agree completely on the Tour 360. Outside of my current running shoes, they are probably the most comfortable shoes I own; period. Add to that the new ones aren't all the much different, and you're getting a great deal.

In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

Thanks guys, how do the Adidas a3 3-Stripe compare to the tour 360? I can get them for $99 (Canadian)

http://www.golftown.com/gtcommerce/s...P2346C124.aspx

What's in the Bag

The 360's are quite a bit higher on the foodchain, but those don't look too bad either.
In My Bag:

Taylormade: Superquad 9.5 Aldila VS Proto 'By You' 70-S
Sonartec: SS-07 14.0 Aldila NV 85-S
Cleveland: Halo, 3i UST Irod 83-SPing: i-10 4-UW AWT-STitleist: Vokey Design Spin Milled 54.10 & 60.08Slighter: Handstamped Tacoma, 350G in Black Satin w/Sound Slot

The 360's are quite a bit higher on the foodchain, but those don't look too bad either.

Yeah, as low as I am on the golf food chain I don't need the top gear... I am hoping to try the a3's on this weekend if I can find a pair... They seem to be right up my alley...

What's in the Bag

Thanks guys, how do the Adidas a3 3-Stripe compare to the tour 360? I can get them for $99 (Canadian)

I have a pair of the a3's and I really liked them. I had worn nothing but Nike in the past but was really impressed by these shoes. Zero break-in time. I was going to pick up another pair but they are getting tough to find.

Alan Olson

Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!
Check out our Facebook page!

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have the G-Sok spikeless. I wore them all last year & i found them very comfortable with all the grip i needed. They stayed dry & i didn't notice any wear on the bottom at all. There is nothing to change, cleat wise, so i suppose if they do ever wear out, they are done, but i can't see that happening. I just bought some Pulsar spikes today to put on my old Adidas ZTraction Heritage shoes. I want to try them again to see if the spikes are different than the spikeless. The nice thing about the spikeless is that u can just walk straight to the 19th hole without changing.

The Bag...
TaylorMade RBZ HL Matrix Ozik Flex M
TaylorMade RBZ 3 HL 
Cobra Baffler DWS 2/R 18° Aldila NV-HL65 S
Cleveland Halo 3i 22°

Ping G2 steel 5HL,6,7,8,9 & PW 

Cleveland CG10 Black Pearl 54,56 & 60° or Nike SV Tour 50°

Yes! Sophia blade

Thanks everyone, I will be trying on a lot of shoes this weekend, I am hoping to get to try on some of the Adidas, especially the a3 and I will also try the G-Sok as well...

What's in the Bag

I know you said you hated the Nike's that you are currently wearing, but I have complete confidence in saying they have the best shoe out this year.

Like so many others, Nike wasn't my cup of tea (shoe wise.) I played with Footjoy dryjoys P.R.O. for roughly 2 years. Don't get me wrong, Footjoy makes a good shoe but the new SP-8 TW Tour by Nike is a terrific shoe.

I got my pair for christmas and couldn't be more pleased. The lining is improved so it isn't stiff and it literally takes no break in time. The insoles have also been revamped so it retains its shape and function compared to earlier SP Nike golf shoes.

I know you probably won't buy another pair of Nike's but if you wanted to give them one more shot, this would be the year.

Driver: Speed Pro D 9.5*

3 Wood: 904F4 15.5*

Hybrid: 585.H 19*Irons: MP-32 4-PWWedges: 52* CG12 DSG 58* CG12 DSG 64* CG12 DSGPutter: custom Studio Select Newport 2 Mid-SlantBall: Pro V1x

I've been a Footjoy fan for a long time, and was a big fan of the eComforts. Very, very comfortable. But last year I couldn't find them in all black, and every other Footjoy was tough to find in my size. Tried ordering a pair of the GF II but for some reason, they didn't fit the way all my other Footjoy's did. Anyway, I ended up with another style of Footjoy that's "ok".

Changing it up a bit early in this season, I've purchased a couple of pair of Bite golf shoes. One of my golfing buddy's just loves his, so I'll have to report back once I've had a chance to get them out a couple of times.

Anyone else having trouble liking the look of the new FJ Reelfits? Just can't get used to that knob on the back.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

The last two pairs of Footjoys that I had both fell apart. On the first pair the sole separated from the front of the toe section of the shoe. I took them back and they gave me another pair.

On that pair the inside of the heels split apart.

Both of these failed within a month or two, and I'm very easy on shoes.

Over the years I've tried several brands, (haven't tried Nike yet). At a scramble a few years ago one of the freebies was a cheap pair of Adidas shoes with vinyl uppers. I threw them in the trunk and left them there. Later in the year I was playing on a rainy day and thought I might as well give them a try.

Without question, the most comfortable pair of golf shoes I've ever worn.

Since then I've had two more pair, Z-Traction and one of the Tour Traction models, I forget which one. I absolutely love the shoes, and I'm not going back to Footjoy.

Obviously everyone's foot is not the same shape, and you need to find a shoe manufacturer that uses a last that fits your foot, but I can't recommend Adidas highly enough.

I prefer ECCO or Footjoy Dry Joy Pro... I think ECCO look better but the Footjoy feel better.....Nike are too uncomfortable and Addidas feel too stiff.....I have 3 pairs that I change out weekly and that has helped also....

In My Bag

Taylormade Burner 09 TP 9.5 Fujikura REAX 65 S
Cleveland Launcher 2009 15 UST V2 75 S
Cleveland Launcher Steel 19 UST V2 75 STitleist 585 H 21 Aldila VS Proto STaylormade R7 TP 4-PW DG S300 StiffTaylormade TP Satin 54 and 58Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2Taylormade TP...

The problem I have always had with golf shoes was that the saddle style always gave me blisters. I would end up with an atheletic shoe style, which is fine when you are wearing shorts. However, when you put on a pair of Kahkis to play at a more upscale club they look a little silly. When Nike came out with the SP-Saddle I was hooked immediately. http://www.golfsmith.com/products/248635 They were the best shoes I ever owned. They fit like a running shoe, look like a classic golf shoe and feel great right out of the box. They are also under $100 and do a decent job with waterproofing. By the middle of the following year my feet would end up a little damp if it was very wet, but under normal conditions like dew or light rain I had no problems. Last year I also picked up a pair of SP-3's. http://www.golfsmith.com/products/242478 They are even more comfortable and have a more stylish look to them. They are very inexpensive, but are not waterproof. I think they have also changed the Saddle this year to water resistant, not waterproof. However, they are now under $60 US. I own both and love them. Granted I am a Nike guy. Just about every pair of sports related shoes I have bought in the last 20 years have been Nike. I have a Nike tattoo on my left shoulder and my son's name is Jordan Michael so you may think I'm biased. Don't tell anyone, but I love the looks of the new Adidas Powerband and the Tour 360's. I am still leaning towards the SP-8 TW Tours though.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

Whatever shoes you like you should buy them at the end of the year when they put them on clearance, usually you can get two pair for the price of one.
I like the footjoy contours and have never had to worry about breaking them in, a good pair of shoes should'nt need to have a breakin period.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

Has anyone tried Callaway golf shoes? They're one of the few companies that makes shoes in my size (6).
Cleveland - HiBore XL (9.5* Fuji Fit-On Gold Stiff)
Bobby Jones/Jesse Ortiz - 3W & 21* H3 (Stock Stiff)
Ben Hogan - Apex FTX 4-FW (Apex 4 shafts)
TaylorMade - rac TP 56.12 satin & 60.6 black
Scotty Cameron - Mil-Spec Newport 2 (33" standard)

Note: This thread is 6259 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!