IGNORED

What make of grips do you use?

Note: This thread is 5357 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What kind of grips do you use?

• Lamkin
    • Winn
    • Golf Pride
    • Others

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use Golf Pride Tour Wraps and am very happy with them. I've been tempted to try a Winn wrap, but I just feel so comfortable with the Golf Prides.

I'm with you. Nothing else has that combination of soft-but-not-too-soft and tacky.

Best, Mike Elzey

In my bag:
Driver: Cleveland Launcher 10.5 stiff
Woods: Ping ISI 3 and 5 - metal stiffIrons: Ping ISI 4-GW - metal stiffSand Wedges: 1987 Staff, 1987 R-90Putter: two ball - black bladeBall: NXT Tour"I think what I said is right but maybe not.""If you know so much, why are you...

I didn't know there was anything else to use outside of Golf Pride

Titleist 913 D3 10.5*

Adams Super XTD 17*

Adams DHY 21*

TaylorMade TP MB 4-PW

Titleist SM4 54*/58*/62*

Bettinardi SS 11

Leupold GX-3i Rangefinder

Titleist ProV1 Ball

My driver and Irons are stock Titleist. My wedges, 3 wood and hybrid are Winn. I am looking at the new Winn PCi's for all of my clubs. Aybody out there have them? What do you think? They look great in the copper and the demo one I checked out felt great.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

My driver and Irons are stock Titleist. My wedges, 3 wood and hybrid are Winn. I am looking at the new Winn PCi's for all of my clubs. Aybody out there have them? What do you think? They look great in the copper and the demo one I checked out felt great.

I haven't even seen these at the stores yet, and I've been keeping my eye out for em... they look nice... I played the G8 before getting my new clubs which have tour velvets, and I haven't decided if I like them yet. I too would like to hear if anyone has tried the Winn PCI.

as to you guys playing wraps (of any sort)... I just don't know how you can like that soft feel... I don't feel like I have control with those and they make me want to hold on too tight... and don't even get me started about the rain.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

GP multi-compound on the clubs now, but I like the wraps better.
In the bag:

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto stiff shaft
Woods: Burner 15* 3 Wood w/ Fujikura, stiffHybrid: 503H w/ Aldila NV, stiffIrons: 755 3-9 w/ Project X 5.5 shaftsPitching Wedge: MP-T 47*Gap Wedge: MP-T 51*Sand Wedge: MP-T 56*Putter: Rossa SienaBall: Laddie/Laddie...

I haven't even seen these at the stores yet, and I've been keeping my eye out for em... they look nice... I played the G8 before getting my new clubs which have tour velvets, and I haven't decided if I like them yet. I too would like to hear if anyone has tried the Winn PCI.

I see you are in Toledo. If you are ever up in the Bloomfield Hills area, they have the demos at Carls Golfland on Telegraph. They feel as good as they look.

I had used the Winn wrap style in the past. They were pretty soft, but I prefer the more firm feel now. When I regripped my 3 wood, hybrid and SW I went with the Winn AVS. I was just looking at Golfsmith.com and they have the entire kit of 13 PCi grips w/ pre cut 2 sided tape and solvent for $92.99. The grips by themselves are $6.29 each when you buy 10. The funny thing is, if you bought 13 grips and the regrip kit sepparately it would be $89.72. I have a roll of tape and a bottle of solvent already and don't need the shaft protector for my vice so I will just order the grips. I also only need 12 right now. In fact I may only get 10 as I will likely be replacing my 3 wood and hybrid and don't really want to regrip a club then stop using it. I'm itching to do something golf related right now and regripping my clubs might help fill that void. Oh...I also use Winn Excell AVS on my putter.
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

I see you are in Toledo. If you are ever up in the Bloomfield Hills area, they have the demos at Carls Golfland on Telegraph. They feel as good as they look.

actually I bought my clubs fom Carl's... the one in Plymouth though. I used to live in Oxford, so I am very familiar with the "other" Carl's. One of the guys at Carl's said that in February or March they usually do a re-grip promotion, where you only buy the grip, and don't pay labor. I also get coupons from Golf Galaxy throughout the year for 1/2 off labor, etc. I have done my own, but when I can get them done for free or at most $1.50 a club... I would rather just drop them off... at least until I get a proper workspace when I buy my first house in a couple years, then I may start building clubs too. I also like a firm grip... the G8 was Winn's medium, and it was close, but just a hair too soft, but the outter material feel was unmatched. I also really like how the midsize is blue since my woods are blue w/ gold (yellow) shaft, and my hybrids have some yellow w/ blue shafts, headcovers are blue, bag has some blue, putter is blue, blue towel... I just like blue.
My Clubs: Callaway FT-i Tour LCG 9.5° w/ Matrix Ozik Xcon 6 stiff; Sonartec GS Tour 14° w/ Graphite Design Red Ice 70 stiff; Adams Idea Pro 2h(18°) & 3h(20°) w/ Aldila VS Proto 80 stiff; Adams Idea Pro Forged 4-PW w/ TT Black Gold stiff; Cleveland CG12 DSG RTG 52°-10° & 58°-10°; Odyssey...

• 2 weeks later...
Currently use Golf Pride. But I have small hands and want to try for some thinner grips...would like very thin. Any good suggestions?

On the other hand, I used a Tour Wrap oversized grip before and liked those...so I am not entirely sure the small grip is the way to go (since I have a hook problem on mishits).

R7 TP 8.5* Fuji Speeder x-stiff (heavy,low,fade set)
975F 3W 13.5*
FX Tour Grind Nickel 3-PW +1/2", Rifle 6.5
Vokey SW 52*
CG10 LW 60* 3 dot (14* bounce) Tracy putter 35" (hit R but putt L)+ 1 club TBD...Past home courses: Unicorn GC (Stoneham, MA), Forest Creek GC (Round Rock, TX)Ball: Use...

I use the Winn G8 AVS XF, in the Black/Red combo.

They're great. I don't have to wear a glove and I still don't get blisters or callouses. They feel great, and I can really hold onto the club.

Cord grips rip my hands to shreds. Tour Velvets give me callouses. Softies wear out too fast.

The greatest golfer in the history of the 1300 block of Patricia Avenue!

Golf Pride dual compound. They are the black/blue version. The only complaint I have is the coloring. I wish they would come in a black/black combo

Nike SQ 9.5 w/ ProLaunch Red
Titliest 906F2 15
Miura 202 3-5 Irons
Miura Blade 6-PW Irons
Mizuno MP 51 & 56Yes! Tracy IINike One Black

Just got my Winn PCI's delivered. I will be putting them on this week and once I actually go hit some balls I'll post some feedback.

I used to use whatever grip came with the club but now I really love the Golf Pride Tour Velvet. I prefer a tacky, high friction grip.

Driver: : R9 SuperTri TP w/Matrix Ozik HD6X
3 Wood: Fusion 15* w/ NVS 65S
Irons: MP-67 3-PW w/ DGS300
Wedges: MP-R, 52*,56*,60*
Putter: Karsten Series Anser 2

Note: This thread is 5357 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!