IGNORED

Mickelson Short Game DVD, "The Art of the Short Game Stan Utley"

Note: This thread is 4687 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I read "The Art of the Short Game" Stan Utley. I really enjoyed the book. I think I full understand the Chip Shot. I don't feel as comfortable  over the Pitch shot. I was wondering if anyone on here has read his book and watch Mickelson DVD, are the similar in method? I think a good video might clear a couple of comfort items up. I really want to improve my short game.

Thanks for any info.

I have Utley's Art of the Shortgame book and the Mickelson DVD. I got a lot more out of the DVD. Phil's Hinge and Hold method works very well for me.

“You don't have the game you played last year or last week. You only have today's game. It may be far from your best, but that's all you've got. Harden your heart and make the best of it.”

~ Walter Hagen

Originally Posted by 1puttit

I have Utley's Art of the Shortgame book and the Mickelson DVD. I got a lot more out of the DVD. Phil's Hinge and Hold method works very well for me.

I use hinge and hold from 60 yards and in and I owe it all to the Mickelson DVD...

I bought The Art of the Shortgame and really couldn't take anything at all from it.  I sincerely tried, but I just couldn't grasp the concepts being expressed in the book and translate those concepts into physical movements on my part.  I ordered Phil's DVD a couple months later and the short game is the absolute most enjoyable part of my rounds now.  If you want a preview of the DVD your library probably has a couple copies somewhere in their network and you could go that route to check it out.  However, the DVD is really wonderful.

• Upvote 1

Sasquatch Tour Bag | '09 Burner driver, 10.5* | Speedline F10 3W | Mashie 3H | Viper MS irons, 4-SW | CG15 60* | White Hot XG #7

Note: This thread is 4687 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!