IGNORED

How important is it to you to have matching clubs, bags, etc.?

Jeepthrills
Note: This thread is 6242 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

i have a lot of matching makes in my bag and colours, but i think it is pereference that i have a bag of mostly taylormade club due to the fact how well hit these clubs, so the head covers, shafts for the woods, bag and brolly all match, i have been asked before when playing in junior match plays was i sponcered by taylormade, ( wish i was )

tom

r7 quad ht
r7 ti 5 wood
duel stiff rescue
ht irons
49 deg 56 deg anser putter pro v1 ball

i have a lot of matching makes in my bag and colours, but i think it is pereference that i have a bag of mostly taylormade club due to the fact how well hit these clubs, so the head covers, shafts for the woods, bag and brolly all match, i have been asked before when playing in junior match plays was i sponcered by taylormade, ( wish i was )

Wish I had the game to be sponsored by TM, as it is I'm sponsoring them.

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

Not at all. I have a Ben Hogan driver, a Ben Hogan 3 wood (which I picked up seperately--I did not notice they were both Ben Hogans until I got home and put them next to each other), King Cobra irons, a Tom Watson sand wedge, and a really cheap Wilson putter. My bag was part of a cheap Wilson set I'd picked up at Walmart about 8 years ago. I have two headcovers, one for the 3 wood which was part of the Wilsons, and one that came with the driver. I use iron head covers, but I've lost about half of them.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I would never try to match everything. I have a callaway driver, mizuno irons, scotty cameron putter and vokey wedges in a ping bag. Wear footjoy cleats. I could careless if everything is matched or not because it will do nothing to improve my game.

No importance for me at all. My bag actually looks kinda funny when I go to the course, there are so mannnny that have bags that looked like they are sponsored. Not that there is any problem with that but you can't tell me that every one of the same brand works for you better than others.

My bag is Nike, Titleist, Orlimar, Cobra, Rife, Callaway, Cleveland and balls are either Precept U-tri tour, Maxfli Black max or Callaway HX tour. So as you can see I'm all over the place. I use, or try to, use what works for me. I love titleist irons and hate their drivers etc.etc. Oh yeah and an Ogio carry bag.

For what it's worth.

In My Bag:

Driver: Nike SQ tour 10.5° (Aldila NV 65S)
FW Woods: 4+ Cobra SZ, Stiff, 5 wood: Orlimar HipSteel 16°, Callaway X 21°, Stiff
Irons: Titleist DCI 822OS Nppon NS Pro950Wedges: Cleveland 900 54°/CG 10 60°Putter: Rife 2 bar offset blade putterBall: Callaway HX Tour primary but...

Zero importance. None at all. Nada. Zip.

Exactly. Mentally it may or for personal comfort level otherwise, get what works.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I think the really coolest thing is if you don't see any brand names at all. Obviously you can't hide the logos on your clubs. But you can get a bag with no logo on it (usually from the pro shop at a private club). You can swap out the factory headcovers for knits or stuffed animals. And you can wear a hat from a club rather than a manufacturer.

See, the thing is, I don't want to promote any brand. I'm an amateur. As Everardo indicated, it's what works that matters. Once I turn pro and people start to pay me to advertise their brand, I'll reconsider. But, as an am, I'd rather be un-branded.

As I write this Jason Gore recently dumped Nike and is playing in Houston with a Houston Astros' hat and a plain bag full of a mish-mash of different branded clubs. That's the kind of thing we all should be doing if not making money from a club maker.

Jack Waddell
The Sand Trap .com

In My Bag (for now):TaylorMade Burner 9.5 REAX 50 stiffBobby Jones 3W, Fuji TP 26.3 stiffAdams Idea Pro 2, 3, 4 Iron hybrids, Aldila VS Proto stiffAdams Idea Pro Forged 5-PW, TT Black Gold stiffTitleist Vokey 252.08 Tour ChromeTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 58.08...

I think the really coolest thing is if you don't see any brand names at all. Obviously you can't hide the logos on your clubs. But you can get a bag with no logo on it (usually from the pro shop at a private club). You can swap out the factory headcovers for knits or stuffed animals. And you can wear a hat from a club rather than a manufacturer.

I couldn't agree more. Usually I use a bag with no name and knit covers for my woods/hybrids. I just think it looks cooler to be discreet than to scream out one brand or another unless, of course, a company is giving you clubs and/ or paying you a lot of money to play their equiptment.

shortgame85
In the Bag:
Driver: :TaylorMade: RBZ 9.5 Reg Flex
3 Wood :TaylorMade: RBZ Reg Flex
Hybrid: Ping G25 Hybrids 17*, 20*, 23*

Irons:Ping G25 5-Gap Wedge, Sr Flex, Vokey 56.14 Spin Mill NS Pro Reg, Flex

Putter: Bobby Grace Center Shaft 32"

I use the original headcovers for the clubs that have them, but I don't go out of my way to promote any OEM. If they want me to advertise for them, then they can pay me to do so. My hats are mostly unadorned, definitely no manufacturers logos (I have 2 from Castle Pines Golf Club that I was required to wear when I worked as volunteer marshal at The International). My bag has the manufacturer's tag on it (a very small plaque), but nothing else.

I have no intention of ever showing up at the golf course looking like an OEM billboard.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

I agree with you about not wanting to promote a brand if they do not pay you but I don't play everything Nike be I'm trying to tell the world to play Nike or trying to look sponsored. As soon as you play with me and I shoot 85-90 you can tell right away I'm not sponsored so why try to be a poser. I just happen to really like Nike and everything to match. If I come across another wedge or club or something that is not Nike and wouldn't match but I felt it would help my game more I would buy it and use it. But it just happens I have had good luck with the brand so I continue to use it, I just bought a new Nike putter and I putted with 7 or 8 different brands before I finally setteled on the Nike, and yes having it match was the final selling point between it and the Cameron becasue I felt all other facots were the same.

Again though I think we are all a little brand loyal to some extent whether you admit it or not. It is like with cars some people are Ford families, some Chevy, some Mercedes, some Honda, etc... you may test drive a lot but ultimately you stick with what you are comfortable with and can afford.

Again though I think we are all a little brand loyal to some extent whether you admit it or not. It is like with cars some people are Ford families, some Chevy, some Mercedes, some Honda, etc... you may test drive a lot but ultimately you stick with what you are comfortable with and can afford.

Ummm... look at my sig if you think that there is any "brand loyalty" going on here. I honestly couldn't care less who makes a club. If it feels right in my hands, if I can hit a decent shot with it, then it goes in the bag. Nothing else matters.

Rick

Ummm... look at my sig if you think that there is any "brand loyalty" going on here. I honestly couldn't care less who makes a club. If it feels right in my hands, if I can hit a decent shot with it, then it goes in the bag. Nothing else matters.

Not just clubs though how about balls, shoes, gloves, etc... everyone has a particlaur brand of something that they favor over something else. And it is based on past expierences with that brand...

Not just clubs though how about balls, shoes, gloves, etc... everyone has a particlaur brand of something that they favor over something else. And it is based on past expierences with that brand...

Just bought my first pair of shoes in 12 years. They are Footjoy's because it happens to be what they had in th pro shop that fit me at the time. I have worn several other brands in the past though. Balls... I prefer Pro V1, although I will use Callaway HX Tours too... and I have at least 6 or 7 different brands rattling around in my bag right now. I don't wear a glove, so that isn't a factor. Most of my golf shirts are bought in Target or some such... I do have a few good ones bought as souvenirs from particular courses, but no brand loyalty.

My only stipulation is that what I have is of good quality and performs it's needed function well.

Rick

not realy a fan of titlist club other than their wedges, but i have used there balls gloves ( footjoy ) addidas has to be the best for shoes and golf clothing, there summer range is looking great,

tom

r7 quad ht
r7 ti 5 wood
duel stiff rescue
ht irons
49 deg 56 deg anser putter pro v1 ball

I think my bag holds 6 different brands with 5 different companies. I have a cart bag as I like to have all my gear stored in it.

Like NM said, this year I have made a goal to always show up at the course looking like a golfer. Maybe some days I'll even play like one.

What's in my bag:
Driver : R7, 10.5 degree, stock stiff shaft
16 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler DWS, with stiff stock shaft
20 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff
26 Degree Hybrid - Cobra Baffler, with Accra Shaft, Stiff6 - PW - Bridgestone CG Mid, Dynamic Gold LiteWedges : TBA...

Note: This thread is 6242 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!