IGNORED

Sergio Spitting in the Cup!!

frankm
Note: This thread is 6211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wow. We Euro-trash really got it in the neck in this thread. Nobody understands us, really! We ALWAYS spit when we miss easy putts!!! If you come to Europe and play golf with us here, you will find little courtesy spittoons everywhere. Usually, they are the little plastic upturned funnel-things on the tee-boxes, but most people clutter them up with broken tees. A disgusting habit, throwing broken tees into our spittoons!!! Most of our cinema and aeroplanes' carpeted floors are awash with our bodily fluids which we proudly deposit at every opportunity - it keeps the air moist and stops us from getting virus-borne diseases from crowded places. Our underground transport system also actually rides on cushions of human spit. Come on guys! Shove another wad of that tasty gum-cancer producing gorgeous chewy tabaccky in your cheeks and let's hear it for Sergio, Master Expectoranta from Espana!!!!!!!! The ingenious intellect of this thread has me panting for more!!!

Michael Stiebel

In ze bag:

Titleist 983 KTitleist 3WPing 5WCobra 23deg hybridPing Irons 5-PW Eidolon 52,56 & 60deg wedgesPing G2 long putter(wishing for: Titleist 755 irons!!)Left-hander!!!!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not a "euro trash" thing...it is an immature, spoiled (not that other golf pros aren't), got too much cash than common sense thing. Not all on this forum paint with such a broad brush stroke...

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

There's no "benefit of the doubt" to give here. What are you smoking? He's on camera spitting into the cup. There's no "doubt" - he spat in the cup. It's undeniable.

Obviously it's only that small hand full of winers, like yourself, that it's still bothering. You're so full of yourself. Read your comments and listen to yourself? Fine him, don't allow him to play, bla bla bla.. Why not send a hit-squad? Yeah, it's a gentlemens game, but you sound like a suffed shirted, highty tighty, prep that belongs chasing and catering to Buffy somewhere. Lighten up dude!
In The Bag

Driver: FT3 -or- TMTB
Woods: Cobra F-Speed
Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

Obviously it's only that small hand full of winers, like yourself, that it's still bothering.

With your substandard English, it's hard to understand what point you're trying to make. It sounds as if you think calling people names is a good argument. It's not.

With your substandard English, it's hard to understand what point you're trying to make. It sounds as if you think calling people names is a good argument. It's not.

Is this Buffy or an English/Grammar professor?

Everyone else understood it fine..... (Edited by moderator)
In The Bag

Driver: FT3 -or- TMTB
Woods: Cobra F-Speed
Hybrids: Cally FT, 3 & 4Irons: T/M R7TP's, W/PX 5.5 Wedge: Cally X-Forged, 52 & 58Putter: S/C Studio II Ballz: T/M Black -or- Prov1X

It has been taken overboard already, but the incident shouldn't have gone unnoticed either. He should have been fined $5,000 or so, and that should have been the end of it.

He was definitely in the wrong, but he shouldn't be crucified for it either. It was magnified because it was Sergio, and that was a little unfair. If Tiger would have done it (and I'm not saying he ever would), it wouldn't have been as big of a deal. Throwing down F-Bombs on camera isn't acting in a gentleman-like manner either, but Tiger does it occasionally (and Stuart Appleby today in Houston).

Shit happens. Get over it and move on.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator
He was definitely in the wrong, but he shouldn't be crucified for it either. It was magnified because it was Sergio, and that was a little unfair. If Tiger would have done it (and I'm not saying he ever would), it wouldn't have been as big of a deal.

Uh, yeah, no... First of all, Tiger wouldn't behave like that. Second, if he did, he sure as hell wouldn't say "it's no big deal." Finally, he'd be strung up by everyone - myself included.

Throwing down F-Bombs on camera isn't acting in a gentleman-like manner either, but Tiger does it occasionally (and Stuart Appleby today in Houston).

He hasn't in quite some time, Cody, and I've heard a lot of Tour pros say it, including Fred Couples and other "quiet guys" and "nice guys." Charles Howell III? Check.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you basically dislike Tiger because he's said "goddammit" and "F

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

"His "child superstar" act has worn through."

I think that sums it all up.

Sergio may still be very young in years, but he's been on the tour plenty long enough to know how to act.

(btw..first post. Hello all!)

"His "child superstar" act has worn through."

Welcome OnePuttGal. Yeah, good way to put it. His childishness has definitely warn through. Spitting in the cup is uncalled for. Yuck.

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Uh, yeah, no... First of all, Tiger wouldn't behave like that. Second, if he did, he sure as hell wouldn't say "it's no big deal." Finally, he'd be strung up by everyone - myself included.

I believe it was during the Arnold Palmer event this year in which Tiger uttered 'God damn it' and 'Shit.' Both on the same day.

Sergio is Euro Trash like the lot of them... He is a spoiled brat.

Ok and whos "the lot of them"?? Im from Europe so am I eurotrash?? I think you should not label people because where there from or for anyother reason..

It would be like me calling you a lowlife because your from south NJ Bottomline is he shouldnt have done it, period.. there is no excuse for his actions, not being mad upset or even pissed off.. IMHO he should be fined, and a very large fine at that...

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

the coug, I am pretty sorry that you are assciated with golf to be honest; what a ridiculous statement to make about all European's being Euro Trash! The world has enough bigots, racists as it is, without your xenophobic remarks adding to them!
Equipment

Driver: Titleist 983E (Grafalloy Prolite 35)
3 Wood: Taylor Made Burner Bubble (Royal Precision steel rifle)
Irons: Callaway x14 (Royal Precision steel rifle) Putter: Ping Zing 5Ball: Titleist Pro V1

I can't believe this thread is still going on.

Sergio spit in the cup. It was totally uncalled for and he compounded the problem by saying it was no big deal. His bratty superstar imagine is wearing thin... he's got to start winning golf tournaments. He's not the only one to act like an idiot on camera though.

Who said the last time Tiger swore on camera was 2 years ago? Give me a break. While it's more infrequent these days it's still practically an every tournament type of thing.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

I can't believe this thread is still going on.

I agree...time to move on.

Da Bag:

TM Super Quad R7 (w/Stulz stiff shaft)
TM CGB R7 4-PW (steel)
Cleveland Halo 1i, 3i, 5i (steel)Cleveland CG10 SW, GWHeavy Putter A1MTitliest ProV1xTitliest Tour BagClub Glove head coversFootjoy Classic Dry Premier

One last comment on this. I just want to say I find spitting in general pretty disgusting. I think it's pretty irrelevant whether it's in the cup or not; it's a vulgar act, period.
Equipment

Driver: Titleist 983E (Grafalloy Prolite 35)
3 Wood: Taylor Made Burner Bubble (Royal Precision steel rifle)
Irons: Callaway x14 (Royal Precision steel rifle) Putter: Ping Zing 5Ball: Titleist Pro V1

i will retract the "euro" from my trash comment, so our fellow Europeans do not get spill thier tea...

What have you got against us? We have the same right to play golf as you do.

Anyway, back onto the subject, yes he did that, and I am very angry/upset that a golfer who I really like did that, but a lot of people have done bad things on TV, and over time they have been forgotten.
In My Bag:
Driver: Cobra F Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
3 Wood: Cobra F Speed 15°, Aldila NV 55g Regular
Irons: Cobra 2300 I/M 3-PW
Wedge: Cobra M 54°Putter: Yes! SophiaBall: TaylorMade TP Red

He hasn't in quite some time, Cody, and I've heard a lot of Tour pros say it, including Fred Couples and other "quiet guys" and "nice guys." Charles Howell III? Check.

I don't dislike Tiger at all. I just don't always like his behavior, and I cheer for a lot of other golfers over him. I don't dislike the guy though.

And like the guy said above, Tiger did say a couple of those things a few weeks back. He has improved quite a bit though, I'll admit that. I just think the Sergio stuff was taken WAY overboard.

I just think the Sergio stuff was taken WAY overboard.

I think if Sergio had offered up a sincere apology, the incident would be long forgotten by now. But he didn't and it hasn't. And I don't think it will be.

Note: This thread is 6211 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!