IGNORED

Anyone Watch Dalton McCrary's How to Hit the Golf Ball as Straight as You Can Point?

Note: This thread is 1539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I think that Ben Hogan is the greatest player of all time.

The best champion, in my opinion is Tiger.

I`m not here to sell anything. Why would I join a forum to sell anything ?

I joined the forum to talk about something I was googling.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by Steve Draper

Wow, I can`t believe that you are saying that.

I looked up dalton`s name on google and this page appeared.

So I logged in and joined a few days ago to talk about him.

All i have had so far is negative comments pointed at myself, just like you are doing now.

I can see why it is called SandTrap. They are hazards and a hazard that I will avoid in the future.

Gosh, Steve, you are a master of the overstatement. If you want to discuss Dalton, discuss what he has - right here. Let's stop the "victim" thing. You sound like a grown man crying to his Mum. No one is stopping you from discussing substance. Let's have it.

But this "man behind the curtain" thing is getting old.

So post something of substance that people can actually discuss. If not, we are left with the alternative ... you're selling something.

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can see why you are fascinated with this subject. Many people are fascinated.

What is it you want me to talk about ?

Is it the fact that I have purchased just about all the instructional tapes by others (including David Leadbetter etc) and find Dalton McCrary`s to be the easiest to learn ?

On the point of Leadbetter. He is a brilliant instructor and should be looked at. I do however find David`s video`s to be quite complicated at times. You just don`t let someone miss three putts at 6 feet, then move them to 40 feet without teaching them how to putt correctly first.

I have watched Phil Mickelson`s video`s and find them to be well worth looking at and being a left-hander, he still makes it easy for a right-hander to understand his methods. Phil`s short game teaching is well worth looking at. He is known as the master of the short game.

On the subject of Dalton McCrary, who is also a golf instructor , I find his video`s very entertaining and his instruction to be very easy to understand. He teaches you how to hit a golf ball straight. It`s aimed at weekend golfers and teachers. It`s probably the fact that Dalton McCrary teaches older methods with a new twist. Then again, that is my own opinion.

The best golfer of all time is Ben Hogan. Don`t ask why, that is my opinion. I like his playing methods.

As I also said before, Tiger is the best Champion golfer, that is also my opinion.

I can see why you are fascinated with this subject. Many people are fascinated.

What is it you want me to talk about ?

Is it the fact that I have purchased just about all the instructional tapes by others (including David Leadbetter etc) and find Dalton McCrary`s to be the easiest to learn ?

On the point of Leadbetter. He is a brilliant instructor and should be looked at. I do however find David`s video`s to be quite complicated at times. You just don`t let someone miss three putts at 6 feet, then move them to 40 feet without teaching them how to putt correctly first.

I have watched Phil Mickelson`s video`s and find them to be well worth looking at and being a left-hander, he still makes it easy for a right-hander to understand his methods. Phil`s short game teaching is well worth looking at. He is known as the master of the short game.

On the subject of Dalton McCrary, who is also a golf instructor , I find his video`s very entertaining and his instruction to be very easy to understand. He teaches you how to hit a golf ball straight. It`s aimed at weekend golfers and teachers. It`s probably the fact that Dalton McCrary teaches older methods with a new twist. Then again, that is my own opinion.

The best golfer of all time is Ben Hogan. Don`t ask why, that is my opinion. I like his playing methods.

As I also said before, Tiger is the best Champion golfer, that is also my opinion.

Don't know what I can add to the above...

Ping G400 Max 9/TPT Shaft, TEE EX10 Beta 4, 5 wd, PXG 22 HY, Mizuno JPX919F 5-GW, TItleist SM7 Raw 55-09, 59-11, Bettinardi BB39

I thought you wanted a discussion,

This thread is about Dalton McCrary, so let`s have a discussion about him.

Discuss. I know nothing about the man, other than he apparently has a new take on old ideas. What's the new take?

You haven't said anything of substance about him. In fact, no one has for over two years in this thread.

If you'd like to begin ...

So, you have not researched anything on Dalton McCrary then ?

He has sold over 4 million instructional video`s and counting........ doesn`t that say something to you.

Does the fact that he has testimonials from PGA Master Professionals and PGA Directors who said:

" Yo ur explanation as to just how to release the club head–on line, was as easy to understand as I have heard. It reminded me of the old “English Flail” method, only simpler. I also like the way you “say less to help with more”. I can see that you have found communication is the key to successful teaching.....

and

...... I applaud your continued dedication to proper swing fundamentals. As we’ve discussed, so many times, people get caught up trying a quick fix action and ignore the ease and simplicity of a true cure through the application of better fundamentals.

There are many more testimonials if only you done the research. I found them easily enough.

As I said before - I find his teaching method very easy to understand and if anybody wanted to take a look at the way he teaches, it`s worth investigating.

So, you have not researched anything on Dalton McCrary then ?

He has sold over 4 million instructional video`s and counting........ doesn`t that say something to you.

Does the fact that he has testimonials from PGA Master Professionals and PGA Directors who said:

"Your explanation as to just how to release the club head–on line, was as easy to understand as I have heard. It reminded me of the old “English Flail” method, only simpler. I also like the way you “say less to help with more”. I can see that you have found communication is the key to successful teaching.....

and

......I applaud your continued dedication to proper swing fundamentals. As we’ve discussed, so many times, people get caught up trying a quick fix action and ignore the ease and simplicity of a true cure through the application of better fundamentals.

There are many more testimonials if only you done the research. I found them easily enough.

As I said before - I find his teaching method very easy to understand and if anybody wanted to take a look at the way he teaches, it`s worth investigating.

See, that's the problem.

We come together here as a golf discussion group, to discuss particular patterns, elements, and methods of swinging a club. Here, you see detailed discussion of the 5 Simple Keys, Stack & Tilt, How to hit pitch shots, How to Hit Driver with a positive angle of attack, etc.

But for two years now, people have only said, what a wonderful teacher this guy is... that's not a discussion.

This thread is about Dalton McCrary`s video`s. If you want to talk about anything other than these video`s, why are you commenting on this thread ? Why would I want to talk about anything else on a thread that is about the Dalton McCrary video`s ?

When i talk about Dalton McCrary using older ideas, I mean that he has revised his whole teaching program into a more compact version that befits todays golfers. His dedication to the game is tremendous. He has revised all of his older teaching methods just to get the message across that golf is not that hard. I can testify to that fact. My swing has improved beyond anything I expected. I look at the game in a different way than I used to. maybe, I could have started a new thread about this subject rather than adding to one that was already biased because of the fact that `all new posters in this thread are trying to sell something`.

• Administrator
Steve, please contribute something meaningful - something about what he teaches or believes - or this thread will be locked and possibly deleted. Share information. Not just opinion.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

When i talk about Dalton McCrary using older ideas, I mean that he has revised his whole teaching program into a more compact version that befits todays golfers. His dedication to the game is tremendous. He has revised all of his older teaching methods just to get the message across that golf is not that hard. I can testify to that fact. My swing has improved beyond anything I expected. I look at the game in a different way than I used to. maybe, I could have started a new thread about this subject rather than adding to one that was already biased because of the fact that `all new posters in this thread are trying to sell something`.

This thread feels like a Seinfeld episode.

Lot of talk about nothing at all.

Steve, you're saying nothing other than to google Dalton. That is not a discussion. I am commenting because I'm waiting for someone to discuss Dalton, more than "my swing has improved." Well, until you're willing to discuss how he does that, you're saying nothing ... ala Seinfeld.

Move along, folks, there's nothing to see here.

Bye. Good luck selling... somewhere else.

He believes that golf instruction today, has become very complicated to most golfers.

There are so many different `fix my slice` versions out there, it has become confusing.

Why not just tell people how to hit a golf ball properly, without trying to cure something.

If something does not work for you, try something else but not 10 different methods at once.

Find a method that works and stick with it.

The golf swing is a simple thing. You don`t hit a ball with the back-swing.

I do apologise iacas . I should never have joined this discussion. I will comment no more because I am ruffling a few feathers.

My personal opinion on something is not appreciated.

If I would have realized what was being said in earlier posts, I would never have commented in the first place.

I do apologise iacas. I should never have joined this discussion. I will comment no more because I am ruffling a few feathers.

My personal opinion on something is not appreciated.

If I would have realized what was being said in earlier posts, I would never have commented in the first place.

Steve, why do you insist on creating a false conflict in which you play the hapless victim?

You are "ruffling" nothing.

It's nice that Dalton helped improve your swing. But that, in itself, is not sufficient to sustain a discussion. You have not offered any "meat." Is that difficult to understand? Take a look at the forum. I've already suggested threads that you can review to see what a discussion entails. Take a look, and then discuss. If you have nothing to offer than "Dalton helped me," that's fine. But it will not sustain a discussion.

I don't know about Euro or Australian Instruction, but if this excites the purchase of 4m videos....

I think the level of instruction on this Board rises far above what is shown here by Dalton:

Note: This thread is 1539 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!