IGNORED

People with home courses.

Note: This thread is 4638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just a quick thread here, is you belong to a course (You have a membership) how many times a month do you play golf outside of your home course?

I play about 2-3 days a week, and 90% if at my home course. I've found that when I go outside of my home course, I actually play really well in a new enviornment. Seems backwards to me... Anyone else have any feedback?

My Home Course: http://chilliwackgolf.com/

In my Taylormade Bag:

The Big Stick: Calloway FT-I / Mini Big Stick: Calloway FT

2HY - Nickent 4DX IW

Irons 4-PW: Taylormade Burner 09

52' - Cleveland CG 15

56' Cleveland CG 12

60- Wilson Unknown.

Money Maker - Odessy White Hot Tour #5

Pretty much any tournament not at my home course, obviously vacations, and if I'm meeting up with my buddies. I'd on average maybe 2 or 3 a month but it varies by the time of the year.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

My home course is only about 4 miles from my house, so I play it most of the time. If I happen to be working near another course, and I know I'm going to finish a job early, I will throw the clubs in the truck and have at it!

My home course does have some  holes that I have a tough time with. I can goof up some days and have a higher score than some of the other courses I play.

That being said, I do play some courses that are a lot easier to score on than my home course.

I also play some that are harder and can come away with a score that might not be as good as I have put up at my home course, but I feel like I played better.

I play 5-6 days a week from April-Octber. I'll play outside my home course 2-3 times a month. Right now with tournaments and stuff I play 5 or 6 times a month outside my home course.

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Try and get in 60 rounds a mid-western season. About 20 rounds will be on courses other than my home course. In the past years, NONE of those away rounds have been in my best 10 for handicap purposes. My current card has five away rounds and none count toward my index.  I know where to miss and how to score better on my home course. It is also a "links" style course (American links style with watered fairways and rough and not the kind where you can run everything on the green), with very few trees, huge greens, and some wide fairways on the long holes. There is plenty of trouble if you don't know where you can miss a shot. My game has gotten sloppy enough that a tight course with tiny greens can eat me up.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

my scroes tend to be slightly higher on the road, i play 50 or so rounds a year on my home course and 25 or so away....half of my away rounds are golf trips where depending on the drinking and how things are going at the office / phone and email shaking blackberry of my belt the scores can vary wildly. I would guess about 1 shot different from home to away...unless it is a weekend tournament - then the A mental game comes out and i tend to shoot below my index.

Driver- Callaway Razor somthing or other
3W- Taylor Made R11S
3H Rocketballz
4I-PW- MP-59
Gap- Vokey 54

Lob- Cleveland 60

Putter- Rife

Skycaddie SG5  

I don't have a membership, but I still have a home course.  It's a public course where I've been in the Men's Club for 22 years, and now I work there as a starter too.  I get employee rates so I naturally play most of my golf there, but that doesn't stop me from playing quite a few other courses as well.  My scores tend to be higher when I play on the road, partly because the courses tend to be more difficult, and partly due to lack of intimate familiarity.   This isn't always the case, but usually I score a few strokes worse just because I'll play a shot or 2 that end up in the wrong place simply because I didn't know any better.  The more you play any course, the better you should do there, all else being equal.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

I easily average 100+ rounds per year total and play roughly 85% on my home track.   Course difficulty aside, I score better on my home course...no doubt about it.

....but I can't quantify the difference.  On putting alone.......I probably shave 1-2 strokes on the putting greens alone because I know my home greens so intimately.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• 2 weeks later...

I probably play around 4 - 7 rounds a month on average.  I got a deal-deal on a membership at a course that's 20 miles from my house.  It's not even a good course (very rough around the edges).  That said,  I still tend to stay there, the more I play the lower my average cost over the year works out to.  As it looks now, by the end of the year that deal will wind up costing me around $14 a round, cart included.

• 2 months later...

I play 1 or 2 times per week.  I live on a golf course so I play that course 90% of the time.  I like playing new courses, but I have a membership and I look at the 18th hole from my front porch.

Callaway Razr Hawk Driver, Cleveland Launcher 3 Wood, Callaway Diablo Edge Irons, Adams Idea Tech V3 4 Iron, Cleveland CG15 52, 56 and 60 degree wedges, Ping Sydney Putter, NY Giants Head Covers

Note: This thread is 4638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!