IGNORED

Dayton, OH

blcox
Note: This thread is 1739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've thought about going by the course that closed here. Like yours, it was one of the nicest in our area. In the end, I decided against it, because I don't want to know how bad it looks. I'd rather remember how good it looked when I played it.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

2 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

I've thought about going by the course that closed here. Like yours, it was one of the nicest in our area. In the end, I decided against it, because I don't want to know how bad it looks. I'd rather remember how good it looked when I played it.

Interesting thing about Orlando is the number of golf courses down there. We're flying out Sat. morning to spend the weekend before my interview Monday morning.

- Shane

7 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Interesting thing about Orlando is the number of golf courses down there. We're flying out Sat. morning to spend the weekend before my interview Monday morning.

Yeah, I can't imagine living somewhere that has that many golf courses to choose from and being able to golf basically all year long. I wish you the best of luck, though I'm sure you don't need it.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

4 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Yeah, I can't imagine living somewhere that has that many golf courses to choose from and being able to golf basically all year long. I wish you the best of luck, though I'm sure you don't need it.

I could always use the luck. ;-)

The best part of going down there this weekend is the local weather forecast, Saturday in particular.

Edited by CarlSpackler

- Shane

2 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I could always use the luck. ;-)

The best part of going down there this weekend is the local weather forecast, Saturday in particular.

You should do a course vlog when you play this weekend. Also, I hope we get at least one more chance to get a round in before you pack up and move off.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

2 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

You should do a course vlog when you play this weekend. Also, I hope we get at least one more chance to get a round in before you pack up and move off.

I definitely won't be playing this weekend. Heading to the beach when we get there for a little R&R and spending the rest of the weekend driving around town and looking at housing options and getting to know the lay of the land. I'm thinking this looks like a good place to set up camp...

2016-05-12 08_45_51-Deer Island - Google Maps.png

I think I'll start another thread since none of this pertains to Dayton other than my departure from it.

- Shane

Still a bit gutted that I never got the chance to play Greene Country Club. I was figuring that @CarlSpackler would have had us out there eventually.

Great pictures. I really like that top one with the dogs. 

On 5/12/2016 at 9:02 AM, mcanadiens said:

Still a bit gutted that I never got the chance to play Greene Country Club. I was figuring that @CarlSpackler would have had us out there eventually.

Great pictures. I really like that top one with the dogs. 

I would have for sure, but too late now.

So did anyone play last weekend. >=)

- Shane

8 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

I would have for sure, but too late now.

So did anyone play last weekend. >=)

I didn't felt like crap Saturday and Sunday just went to the range. I think @mcanadiens and I are going to hit the Hawk this Sunday though.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

6 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

What time?

Not sure just yet.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

8 minutes ago, Jeremie Boop said:

Not sure just yet.

K. I need to shake the rust off my game. I'm playing Oakland Hills on Monday and have hardly touched a club this year.

:~(

- Shane

Actually, let's do Hawk Saturday.

I was thinking of playing the match-play qualifier on Saturday and, now, that seems like a dumb idea. Played an awful round last time out. Besides, the entry fee is $35 to play in the qualifier and I'm doubting that I'll qualify.

One of my other guys wants to play Dales on Sunday. He's a shorter hitter than I am, so I figured a chance for birdies for me and a chance at pars, or at least bogies for him.

1 hour ago, mcanadiens said:

Actually, let's do Hawk Saturday.

I was thinking of playing the match-play qualifier on Saturday and, now, that seems like a dumb idea. Played an awful round last time out. Besides, the entry fee is $35 to play in the qualifier and I'm doubting that I'll qualify.

One of my other guys wants to play Dales on Sunday. He's a shorter hitter than I am, so I figured a chance for birdies for me and a chance at pars, or at least bogies for him.

Ok, that's fine with me, @Carl Spackler is Saturday good for you as well? If you two want to work out the time and let me know that would work. It's actually a good thing that we are doing Saturday because I forgot I had a graduation I have to go to on Sunday at 4.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

5 minutes ago, CarlSpackler said:

Saturday is iffy for me. Our friends daughter's grad party is Sat and I am supposedly the DJ. How I got stuck with that, I have no clue...

@Jeremie Boop @mcanadiens

Hmm... maybe we can get an early enough tee time that it won't interfere.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:

Note: This thread is 1739 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!