IGNORED

2011 Vivendi Seve Trophy Discussion

BigAl5150

Note: This thread is 3657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The Vivendi Seve Throphy is really cool, I will of course cheer for Continental Europe even because my friend Matteo is contending, but I really hope the main theme will be celebrating the legend of Seve! Cheers! :)

Originally Posted by makaveli

I really don't understand the decision of splitting Molinari and Matteo in two separate pairings...

They weren't overly impressive together at the Ryder Cup last year. He's probably thinking they're a little too used to each other and it might help to spice things up. Francesco and Hansen just won their match so it looks like it's working.

Matteo has never played in the Ryder Cup (yet)

Originally Posted by Tiger Spuds

They weren't overly impressive together at the Ryder Cup last year. He's probably thinking they're a little too used to each other and it might help to spice things up. Francesco and Hansen just won their match so it looks like it's working.

Dude GB&I; played fantastic golf! I saw the highlights of round one on the Euro Tour website and there was not much to show about Continentals! I think putting Matteo with Colsaert, 2 rookies together, is not the best choice imho... we'll see tomorrow!

I really like the spirit of this tournament!

Note: This thread is 3657 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
    • Cool video and thanks for the tip.  We were thinking about walking straight down to grandstands near 3/6/7.  Yeah I wouldn’t even bother trying for 1 or 18.  Looks chilly but supposed to warm up some Friday.  
    • #40 Would You Rather... 1) Putt on greens that are fast (say 11-12 on the stimpmeter) but relatively flat and somewhat predictable, the major punishment being it will roll forever if you miss the hole.   OR 2) Putt on greens that are average (say 8-9 on the stimpmeter) but have great undulations, shelves that make you have to really think about how the ball will need to roll.    I like greens that have slopes and undulations as long as the green speeds match well with the slopes and the holes are located in appropriate locations.  Mostly flat greens are fairly uninteresting, even if they are very slick.  So I will vote for #2.  We just finished playing a very nice course in northern Indiana that had one serious flaw; many of the greens had too much slope for the speed of the greens.  No one wants fuzzy greens but at the same time, hitting a putt two inches and having it roll off the front of the green isn't fun either.  
    • Working on the same things. I adjusted the the grip slightly stronger which is getting more height back for me. I still miss right though(actually more often which is weird to me) especially if I hold off the overtaking too much. Without much direction right now I have been trying a few things. After this video I started working a little bit on getting that hands and club a bit deeper again in the BS. It is straightening the shots out for me, I am just worried about not overdoing it and letting the hooks creep back in. I'll likely need to introduce more hold off as I get a bit deeper. I'm not sure I will keep with that feel or not.     
    • Pretty much how my range sessions look.😄
    • I am not allowed to reveal info provided by the USGA through their Rules Q & A service.  In my opinion, you have a good grasp of the Rules and your interpretations appear to be accurate. Thanks
  • Today's Birthdays

1. goofi22
      goofi22
      (43 years old)
    2. HackardLaw
      HackardLaw
      (38 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...