IGNORED

Callaway U-Pro GPS

Note: This thread is 4656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Originally Posted by gduguid

I have been looking for a gps and haven't seen too much about these on the forum. Are they comparable to other GPS units?

I get over 90 results when I use the site's search capability:

http://thesandtrap.com/search.php?search=callaway+upro

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have one too, I really like it.  I haven't used any others to have something to be able to compare it to, but it does what I need.  Gives me yardage to the front, back, and center of the green, and to all the bunkers, creeks and others hazards.  I have abou a 50/50 mix of basic downloads, and the ProMode downloads (actual images of each hole with flyovers).  I have never used the flyovers yet though.

i like mine a lot.  its durable, compact, and contains all the information i need.  i paid $30 online to get unlimited pro-mode courses (one time fee).  i don't use the flybys, but i like the pro-mode for the overhead view of the fairway.   mostly though, i'm using the basic-mode for distance to the green, and for the closeup green view.   i wanted a skycaddie sgx, but had trouble w/ the cost.  when i saw one i was surprised how big it was.  my favorite part of the upro is its size.  big enough to read everything, but small enough for my pocket.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

I was going to go with the Callaway UPro until I started reading some of the reviews of the latest model. Seems like a lot of people had/have problems so I went with a different brand.

http://www.amazon.com/u********-GPS-Callaway/product-reviews/B001D7517Q/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints;=1&sortBy;=bySubmissionDateDescending

The uPro MX was a disaster for Callaway so they quickly recalled it and refunded everyone their money back.  The original uPro and uPro Go are good products.  For some reason I had issues syncing up with my desktop PC, but my laptop works fine with it.  The unit is small, light and built solildly.  As an user of the original uPro Callaway upgraded my account to unlimited course downloads and there's no annual fees so it's a great value.

Originally Posted by Grumpter

I was going to go with the Callaway UPro until I started reading some of the reviews of the latest model. Seems like a lot of people had/have problems so I went with a different brand.

http://www.amazon.com/u********-GPS-Callaway/product-reviews/B001D7517Q/ref=cm_cr_dp_all_summary?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints;=1&sortBy;=bySubmissionDateDescending

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

The uPro MX was a disaster for Callaway so they quickly recalled it and refunded everyone their money back.  The original uPro and uPro Go are good products.  For some reason I had issues syncing up with my desktop PC, but my laptop works fine with it.  The unit is small, light and built solildly.  As an user of the original uPro Callaway upgraded my account to unlimited course downloads and there's no annual fees so it's a great value.

+1 (Other than I have *not* had issues with synching.)

Bill

not sure which way i want to go yet. I saw a upro on craigslist for $100, but downside is that it is approximately 2 years old. It doesn't give a model or anything in the listing. However this might be a decent deal considering it is not the new model that was just recalled.

I've seen them listed on eBay and even Best Buy for $100 - $150 new so I'd look a little more before buying used.  Compared to some newer models it's lacking a touch screen (if you want one) and the screen is a bit small but otherwise it's a great unit.  I upgraded to the scoring module which is a nice add-on for tracking stats, and the Callaway site has had every course I've wanted to play on.

Joe Paradiso

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I've seen them listed on eBay and even Best Buy for $100 - $150 new so I'd look a little more before buying used.  Compared to some newer models it's lacking a touch screen (if you want one) and the screen is a bit small but otherwise it's a great unit.  I upgraded to the scoring module which is a nice add-on for tracking stats, and the Callaway site has had every course I've wanted to play on.

i got mine for $100 refurbished from w00t.  its a durable piece of equipment.  i'd recommend skip the craigslist listing and find one on ebay.  $100 should be the going rate for a used one that still works.

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

I got one back in June off of eBay brand new (red box) for $150. I love it...it is small, light and easy to use. Basic mode with hazard view and a rendered green view are mostly good enough. If you want to get aerial views and some other nice features (more like the Sky Caddie and Garmin may have) then it is a one time $60 fee. You get 1 free Pro Mode course though to see if you like it. It only holds 50 courses at a time but you can change them when you want.

The touchscreen MX version is due to be re-launched next Spring probably for $199 but be wary of it.

Note: This thread is 4656 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!