IGNORED

Golf shoes got soaked.

Note: This thread is 4638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So today I was playing a round with my buddy and I was walking across the fairway to get to my ball, which was on the edge of the fairway. As soon as I stepped into the rough to set up my stance for my shot, I stepped back just a bit too much and there was a hidden swamp below some really thick bluegrass. My shoes were completely submerged under water and they're soaked. They're a new pair of Nikes that literally have under 20 rounds of golf on them.

Have any of you ever had your shoes absolutely soaked and properly cleaned them afterwords? I'm not really sure how I'll clean them up after that, besides just letting them dry. I would rather try to clean them somehow so that the nasty mud water doesn't dry up in them.

Worst case scenario, I'll be buying some new Adidas Powerbands. The Nikes are not that comfortable for the price tag anyway.

I never did it with golf shoes, but when my running shoes get soaked I do the following;

1. remove the insole and allow to dry outside the shoe.  If they are really soaked wrap them up in newspaper.
  2. take a sheet of newspaper and crumple it up into a ball and stuff the ball into the shoe.  Fill the shoe with these balls of newspaper until it's overflowing.  Repeat for the other shoe
  3. Let's the shoes sit with the newspaper inside for 1/2 day or overnight
  4. Next day remove the balls of paper from the shoes the paper will be wet but the shoes should be dry.

If the shoes are dirty you can buy shoe cleaner at running or shoe stores where the top of the can be used to scrub the shoe.

• Upvote 3

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

newtogolf is on the money... done it a couple of time and it works a treat...

Another tip would be to NOT put them near a heater or vent.... they will dry too quickly and may get crusty

"Let the bears pay the bear tax I pay the Homer tax!"

If you do end up getting new shoes, I'd also take a look at the ones made by TRUE... just a great shoe!

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

I never did it with golf shoes, but when my running shoes get soaked I do the following;

1. remove the insole and allow to dry outside the shoe.  If they are really soaked wrap them up in newspaper.
  2. take a sheet of newspaper and crumple it up into a ball and stuff the ball into the shoe.  Fill the shoe with these balls of newspaper until it's overflowing.  Repeat for the other shoe
  3. Let's the shoes sit with the newspaper inside for 1/2 day or overnight
  4. Next day remove the balls of paper from the shoes the paper will be wet but the shoes should be dry.

If the shoes are dirty you can buy shoe cleaner at running or shoe stores where the top of the can be used to scrub the shoe.

newtogolf is right again. I've also heard rice works, as long as you don't mind picking basmati out of your shoes for weeks....

• Upvote 1

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

While I haven't completly soaked my Golf shoes, A trick I do with my work boots is to remove the inserts and stuff with news paper as stated above. Before I go to bed I pull out the paper and lay them down in front of the grill at the bottom of my refridgerator. Warmish, dry air from the condensor blows into them all night, dry in the morning.

~Tom B.

I ordered a Chicken and an Egg on the Internet, to find out which came first... I'll keep you posted!

Last weekend, I golfed on Saturday.  I got a steady wind-driven rain instead of light, intermittent sprinkles that I was hoping for.  Everything was soaked.  I put my shoes, bag, and other gear in my basement next to the dehumidifier.  I opened the zippers on my golf bag and simply place my shoes on the floor next to the dehumidifier.  In the morning everything was perfectly dry and good to go.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Thank you very much for your input fellas and a +1 to newtogolf. I didn't get to post back right away as I did this the very minute that you posted the fix and I was actually able to go out and play in the morning. My fiance even put some Bounce fabric sheets in there and sprayed them with that Fabreeze disinfectant stuff. They smell like lilacs and Bounce (kind of girly) but hey they're dry and clean as day 1! Thanks again guys.

I played soccer for most of my life and this was a frequent issue with cleats in the rain and mud. I'd constantly come home and have to deal with wet boots. It was even worse when I had to practice the following day and my cleats were still cold and wet!

Unfortunately, I didn't discover the trick newtogolf notes above until late in my soccer career. As a quick sidenote, I would make the rather (now) obvious comment that blowdrying your shoes does NOT work. Wet plastic composite + hot air = small shoes!

Note: This thread is 4638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!