IGNORED

Lost my favourite club

DublinMeUp
Note: This thread is 4577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sounds pretty stupid but I.m more upset than angry.

It was a King Cobra 55d wedge "trusty rusty" bought years ago by my brother for my birthday.

I know i can probably find a used one exactly like it but it won't be it so wont bother. haha its a few pieces of metal i shouldnt care.

Anyone else made the stupid mistake of leaving a prized club on a green somewhere?

Anyway R.I.P trusty

Did you inquire with the club if it was turned in?  Most people in my area seem pretty honest in turning in items found on the course.

Always changing:

Driver: Cobra S2/Nike VR Pro 10.5º

Irons: Callaway X-20 Tour 4-9i

Hybrid: Titleist 910H 19º & 21º

Wood: TaylorMade R11 3w

Putter: Odyssey White Hot

Wedges: Titleist Vokeys - 48º, 54º, 62º

First round: February 2011

Yeah rang them as soon as i noticed, unfortunately i had a terrible cold from the day after the round til now ( about a week ) so my clubs weren't touched and i didn't notice. They said nothing was handed in.

I posted on a local golf forum on the off chance that someone there found it or heard of a friend finding it. Not sure of its actual value though, i assume if its valuable whoever found it kept it if not i dunno.

I'd give any two of my other clubs to have it back =), first club i ever spun the ball with and i've had it for nearly half my life!

If you absolutely must replace it, I'm sure you can get another on EBAY.

good luck!!

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

Originally Posted by DublinMeUp

Sounds pretty stupid but I.m more upset than angry.

It was a King Cobra 55d wedge "trusty rusty" bought years ago by my brother for my birthday.

I know i can probably find a used one exactly like it but it won't be it so wont bother. haha its a few pieces of metal i shouldnt care.

Anyone else made the stupid mistake of leaving a prized club on a green somewhere?

Anyway R.I.P trusty

Get your Brother to buy you the same club again from ebay!  ...Problem solved

R9 Supertri 10.5 Fubuki Alpha Stiff Shaft

Mizuno JPX Fli Hi 3, 4, 5

Mizuno MX300 Irons, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, PW

Mizuno MX300 Gap Wedge

Mizuno MP R12 56 Sand Wedge

Scotty Cameron Kombi Putter.

Anyone who knows about clubs tell me what it was worth? like $50 or $200? got a lend of a vokey 54 degree and while its a nice club I have nowhere near the confidence i had with the trusty.. mite even get a 58 - 60 degree with it :)

A new Titleist Vokey retails for $139 here, probably less in the US. Can't imagine a wedge being worth $200. Doesn't sound right.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

Condition of the clubs is different and reading the descriptions, seems people would buy this club for different reasons - someone buying as a collector who would pay more for a rare club in good condition.

In my Sun Mountain 14 Way Stand Bag:

Driver - Ping G30 10.5* : Fairway - Ping G30 18* : Hybrids - Titleist 915H 21* & 915 H 24* : Irons - Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 5 - GW : Wedges, Vokey 54.14, Vokey 58.12 : Putter - Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 or Ping Craz-E-R  : Ball - Bridgestone B330RX, Cart - Cliqgear 3.5

all seem is reasonably the same condition to me, like they all have marked heads plus the oil can , rusty appearance.. i think all have original shafts with the cheaper one having a new grip instead of the original

Sorry to hear that you lost a favorite club...I'm always incensed when lost clubs are not turned in to the pro shop...so much for "A Gentlemens Game" eh?

Sadly lost clubs are as good as gone at my course as well...as for price disparity on ebay...its usually due to condition of club ...but also beware of counterfeits...there are many very reputable sellers at ebay and one good indicator is their feedback scores ...also are they "Powersellers" with thousands of successful transactions...hope you find a worthy replacement....and for the sake of our common humanity I hope someone turns in your lost club.

Cheers.

I'm always careful and almost always leave extra clubs on the flag. Lost a wedge once and could not believe it. Call the pro shop for weeks. The next spring, I was playing with my buddy and he said, "Oh by the way, I have your wedge from that round last fall. I guess I accidentally grabbed it walking off 18."

Call your playing partners.

Russ - Student of the Moe Norman swing as taught by the pros at - http://moenormangolf.com

Titleist 910 D3 8.5* w/ Project X shaft/ Titleist 910F 15* w/ Project X shaft

Cobra Baffler 20* & 23* hybrids with Accra hybrid shafts

Mizuno MP-53 irons 5Iron-PW AeroTech i95 shafts stiff and soft stepped once/Mizuno MP T-11 50.6/56.10/MP T10 60*

Seemore PCB putter with SuperStroke 3.0

Srixon 2012 Z-Star yellow balls/ Iomic Sticky 2.3, X-Evolution grips/Titleist Lightweight Cart Bag---

extra/alternate clubs: Mizunos JPX-800 Pro 5-GW with Project X 5.0 soft-stepped shafts

Originally Posted by rustyredcab

I'm always careful and almost always leave extra clubs on the flag. Lost a wedge once and could not believe it. Call the pro shop for weeks. The next spring, I was playing with my buddy and he said, "Oh by the way, I have your wedge from that round last fall. I guess I accidentally grabbed it walking off 18."

Call your playing partners.

Did that too =), I'm pretty sure its gone ie someone was not so gentleman like when they found it. Gonna look into replacing now though cause i have no confidence in any of the wedges i have tried from friends sets.. vokey, cleveland and adams, just feel and look weird.

One guy replied to my local forum post saying he played the course within the last few days and had a good look around every green ( think i left it on a hill after a 30 yard pitch ) etc to no joy, very good of him though

I have the same problem in reverse.  For the last ten years or so I was only playing about 3 rounds a year, all of them captain and crew tourneys (drunkfests) sponsored by local bars.  One year I was looking through my clubs and found a Titleist 7 iron that I didn't think belonged to me. I had no idea where or when I aquired this club so I couldn't turn it in anywhere.  I might have even bought it at a garage sale and forgot about it.  I was using a mixed bag of clubs back then since it wasn't worth buying new ones for the little bit of golfing i did.

I still feel bad not knowing whether or not I might have accidentally taken someone's club.

Note: This thread is 4577 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!