IGNORED

Need a new driver

Note: This thread is 4581 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

Its a practical question, but this is a stupid question on an online forum, at least as broadly as you asked the question. People here are only going to tell you what they like.

Oh, so I'm not people? Damn, I knew something was wrong with me. 'Swing everything you can get your hands on' has been my philosophy for a long time now. For the most part I don't care what the brand name is just let me find what feels the best to me.

Its a practical question, but this is a stupid question on an online forum, at least as broadly as you asked the question. People here are only going to tell you what they like. My opinion is you should go to the local golf store and just hit EVERYTHING until you find something you like! I had that Nike driver for a month or so, and I didn't like it either. Honestly, its junk compared to what is out now. That being said, Ping's are great! The R9 is solid. The Adams are great (although not for everyone). And the Titleist's are good (though ive never owned one myself). Those are the 3 or 4 I would recommend personally…

i don't really know how thats a stupid question, i am just trying to get some feedback on drivers that people liked and that i might want to try out.

Driver- Titleist 910 D2 RIP 60 S- shaft

3 wood- Taylormade RBZ S shaft

Hybrid- Taylormade superfast 2.0 S shaft

Irons- Titleist AP2 712 DG- S300

Wedges- titleist vokey sm4

Putter- SC Fast Back

Originally Posted by DFerlmann

i don't really know how thats a stupid question, i am just trying to get some feedback on drivers that people liked and that i might want to try out.

I agree.  I wanted to know what people liked too when I was looking for new drivers/clubs.  Reviews and sites like this area great resources.

Driver:  :callaway: Diablo Octane
Fairway Wood:   :adams: Speedline 3W
Hybrid:   adams.gif A7OS 3 Hybrid 
Irons:   :callaway:  2004 Big Bertha 4-LW

Its a practical question, but this is a stupid question on an online forum, at least as broadly as you asked the question. People here are only going to tell you what they like. My opinion is you should go to the local golf store and just hit EVERYTHING until you find something you like! I had that Nike driver for a month or so, and I didn't like it either. Honestly, its junk compared to what is out now. That being said, Ping's are great! The R9 is solid. The Adams are great (although not for everyone). And the Titleist's are good (though ive never owned one myself). Those are the 3 or 4 I would recommend personally…

I thought his question was pretty specific. Your answer sure wasn't though.

• Upvote 1

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I didn't mean it to come off like that guys. I just think these kinds of questions never really get good answers on here. People tend to be so bias towards equipment on these forums you get nowhere. Myself included. I mean I hate Nike and Callaway drivers, but that doesn't mean they aren't good or that they wouldn't work for someone else.

Originally Posted by Grumpter

Oh, so I'm not people? Damn, I knew something was wrong with me. 'Swing everything you can get your hands on' has been my philosophy for a long time now. For the most part I don't care what the brand name is just let me find what feels the best to me.

Agreed.

Poor choice of words on my part… sorry...

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I thought his question was pretty specific. Your answer sure wasn't though.

How was it not Sean?

If you want me to be specific as to what driver has low spin and a low "boring" (for lack of a better term) then I can solidly recommend the Adams speedline 9064LS driver or the F11. Both were designed for lower spin off the club face. As was the Ping G15, which I like and keep as a back-up. Those are the clubs I personally game and own.

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

SVTGolfer, if u think that its a stupid question then don't say anything and leave

Putter- SC Fast Back

SVTGolfer, you are right about the kind of responses that generally come out of these types of questions.  But, that doesn't make it a dumb question.  What you think are useless answers do have value to some.  This is simply one form of doing "product research" before a purchase.  People put value on consumer reviews and experiences, knowing that some come with bias.

Driver:  :callaway: Diablo Octane
Fairway Wood:   :adams: Speedline 3W
Hybrid:   adams.gif A7OS 3 Hybrid 
Irons:   :callaway:  2004 Big Bertha 4-LW

SVTGolfer said he was sorry guys. No need to make a scene.

Driver: Undecided..Someone help me decide
Fast 12 3 Wood 15* Stiff Shaft
A12 3 Hybrid 19* Stiff Shaft
CB Blade Irons (4-7) Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts
MB Blade Irons (8-PW) Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts
SM4 52* Oil Can Wedge - S300 Shaft
SM4 56* Oil Can Wedge - S300 Shaft
SM4 60* Oil Cal Wedge - Wedge Flex
2010 California Series - Monterey - 35'

Jcollins this does not involve you so i suggest you hit the road

Putter- SC Fast Back

SVPGolfer i over reacted and i am sorry

Putter- SC Fast Back

SVT, sorry

Putter- SC Fast Back

Jcollins this does not involve you so i suggest you hit the road

Why are you being so defensive? The guy said sorry for his mistake in words and was offering advice. People aren't going to help you if you jump their cases for a mistake in words.

Haha I'm offering this advice from experience. Just start demoing, though.

Driver: Undecided..Someone help me decide
Fast 12 3 Wood 15* Stiff Shaft
A12 3 Hybrid 19* Stiff Shaft
CB Blade Irons (4-7) Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts
MB Blade Irons (8-PW) Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts
SM4 52* Oil Can Wedge - S300 Shaft
SM4 56* Oil Can Wedge - S300 Shaft
SM4 60* Oil Cal Wedge - Wedge Flex
2010 California Series - Monterey - 35'

If I assume correctly that the OP's desire for a lower ball flight is due to perceived loss of distance with the current driver's trajectory, there can be many ways to achieve this end.  Driver loft, spin rate, shaft design, and clubhead speed all contribute to ball trajectory.  I say that you need to go to a reputable club fitter with launch and spin monitoring machines, and try as many combinations as you can.  For example, you may find that you don't need a lower loft, but simply lower spin.  The only way you will know is by testing out combo's and seeing the spin, angle, dispersion, and of course the estimated distance results.

I got tested two years ago, and ended up with a driver I would have never considered, and that was on average about 17 yards longer than my old driver.  I have changed my swing fairly significantly since then, picking up MPH as well, and will probably get fitted again, just to be sure.

Your mileage may vary...

Gary

Nakashima HTEC 460 9.5, 65g Fujikura Motore F1 (s)
Speedline 3W, 70-gram Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis
SQ 2 18 Deg. Hybrid, stock stiff graphite
R7 irons, 4-LW, stock stiff steel
White Steel 2-Ball SRT PutterSunMountain MPB bagIGolf Neo

I'd suggest you go to your local retailer, find a driver head that you like and inspires confidence, hit a couple balls with it so you can hear it. But the kicker is, more than likely replace the shaft. It seems now a days, most big name club brands put mid/higher launching shafts in their clubs. Find a Low launch/Low spin shaft (Aldila R.I.P. Alpha, Graffaloy Pro Launch Red, Harrison Mugen Proto, etc...). As said, if you go to a fitter that has spin/launch monitors, they can at least point you in the best direction.

I had a similar problem with my driver, I love the look and sound, but the shaft really didn't work for me. Way too high launching, just swapping shafts made a HUGE difference.

Drivers I'd suggest:
Titleist 910D3

Adams 9064 LS (with or without DFS)

Tour Edge Exotics CB4 Tour

Yonex Ezone

Taylor Made R series (Haven't hit them, but the adjustability makes finding the right shaft pretty easy)

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Note: This thread is 4581 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!