IGNORED

2011 Presidents Cup Discussion Thread

mvmac
Note: This thread is 4546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by clubchamp

How can you be mad at someone for beating you fair and square or hitting an amazing shot to beat you. These guys are professionals they have to deal with losing like a professional they get don't angry at the winner when they lose.

I didn't say they would be 'mad', I said that some people might have some bad feelings (there's a difference).  For example - they could be 'mad' (for lack of a better term) at themselves, for not having done more and may have made a poor choice or shot that cost them a shot or two.  Pair them up and it could potentially backfire and creep into their minds at the time of a crucial thought.  With this particular group of guys, I didn't see that happening (and I guess that's what Freddy saw, too).  I just found it interesting.

Also, just because these guys are 'professionals', doesn't mean they don't get mad or angry when they lose.  'Professional' is just a term to indicate that they make their living playing this game, it doesn't define their every moment or attitude.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Note: This thread is 4546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!