IGNORED

Yellow Balls?

Note: This thread is 4682 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I played a couple of yellow 330-RX over the last couple of rounds.  I really like them, I thought it would be a distraction but actually think it helped me focus a bit more.   The only issue I had was on one particular hole the left rough is yellow leaves... I guess you know the outcome.

I was a relatively late starter in the golf world as I started playing at the age of 44 and now I am 54. Before taking up golf I played tennis since I was 8 years old. I saw the transition of tennis balls going from white to yellow during the late 60's and early seventies. Today I dan't think you can buy a white tennis ball. I am willing to bet that in five years colored balls will be  the normal in the golf industry like the tennis industry. the pros are that the ability to find the bright yellow balls will help speed up play by being able to find them when  they go into the woods.

One of my regular group members plays the Srixon yellow balls and I have to admit they are easier to follow in the sky and find on the ground. I have yet to break down and make the change, but I've been thinking about it. Can't get past the colored  ball stigma as of yet......LOL

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

The biggest problem with yellow balls is that if you want to play one you have to go with a brand that has them.  I've never seen a yellow ProV1x yet.

Originally Posted by cruzthepug

I've always used white balls and never tried anything else. I've noticed now that I'm getting a bit older and my eyes aren't as good as they once were, that now that winter has arrived and things are getting brown, my white ball can be had to see sometimes. Last weekend there was a group close to us and one of the guys was playing a yellow ball and it seemed to really stand-out. Seems like the yellow balls are easier to spot.

I guess my concern is the color while playing a shot. Is it a distraction at setup or is there a "get used to it" adjustment looking at the bright yellow ball?

Thought, opinions on yelow balls?

I really prefer orange golf balls. Bridgestone makes an orange version of the e6 and I don't believe that I have ever lost one. I wish more manufactures offered orange as I am not a huge fan of how the e6 feels and performs for me. I would by proV's or Penta's in a second if they offered them in orange.

Taylormade R11 Driver

Taylormade Superfast 5W

Taylormade Superfast 2.0 #4 21* hybrid

Callaway Razr X #5 24* hybrid

Titleist CB 712 irons

Titleist Vokey 54* & 58* Wedges

Scotty Cameron California Sea Mist Del Mar

Originally Posted by gunslinger2803

I really prefer orange golf balls. Bridgestone makes an orange version of the e6 and I don't believe that I have ever lost one. I wish more manufactures offered orange as I am not a huge fan of how the e6 feels and performs for me. I would by proV's or Penta's in a second if they offered them in orange.

The brightest, most visible ball I've ever seen without question is the Wilson Smartcore Nuclear Orange - the ball looks like its electrically illuminated from the inside - it's not a premium ball, but it plays decent & it is so visible in the air, it's amazing...

John

Fav LT Quote ... "you can talk to a fade, but a hook won't listen"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I find the yellow golf balls to be much easier to spot in the air over white. And in many circumstances, easier on the ground too. I do have trouble seeing the yellow balls while wearing certain sunglasses, but that usually isn't too much of an inconvenience. I also have a problem in the fall with heavily treed courses, the ball tends to blend in for me. But on courses with little tree coverage, or in the spring/summer when falling leaves aren't an issue, the yellow ball is the ball for me.

And as far as the Srixon Tour Yellow, I didn't notice anything distracting about them. I haven't played any other yellow ball outside of range balls. But like others have said, Srixon adds a certain green to the tint of the ball which is thought to have a calming affect.

In the Ogio Chamber Cart Bag w/ Ogio X4 Synergy Push Cart: Driver: Adams Super LS 7.5* w/ Harrison Striper H2 60x Fairway: Adams Tight Lies 16* Fairway Wood w/ Harrison Mugen Black 70x Irons: Adams Idea Pro Black CB1 Irons w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (3-PW) Wedges: Yururi Raw Gekku w/ Project X 6.0 Flighted Steel Shafts (53, 57, & 61) Putter: Never Compromise Gambler Straight Ball: Srixon Z-Star/Z-Star XV Tour Yellow GPS: Garmin Approach G6 Shoes: True Linkswear

Note: This thread is 4682 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!