IGNORED

Paint Fill Project (Scotty Cameron, MP-52's, MIzuno Wedges)

Note: This thread is 4533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I got bored today and decided to do some paint fill on my clubs. I have been wanting to do it for some time. This is my first time, and I want to go over some of them, but I think for a first time I did okay. I figured I would share them with you guys.

phone 2 860.jpg

phone 2 862.jpg

All 3 Wedges

phone 2 851.jpg

phone 2 854.jpg

MIzuno MP-52's (all white paint fill)

phone 2 864.jpg

Mizuno MP-T10 52* Wedge (Blue and White Paint Fill) need to go back over this one..

phone 2 859.jpg

Mizuno R-Series 56* & 60* Wedge

I know she looks rough, but the Scotty is 12 years old and is by far the best club in my bag so I am reluctant to change it out.

phone 2 848.jpg

phone 2 839.jpg

phone 2 840.jpg

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Mizuno 56* R Series Wedge

Mizuno 60* R Series Wedge
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2 Notchback

I've been considering something like this...they look pretty nice!

How do you apply the paint? Ultra-thin brush?

Any special prep?

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Originally Posted by Old1964

Any special prep?

1. Remove the old paint fill with acetone and q-tips. You might have to use a toothpick to get out stubborn paint.

2. Fill with enamel paint of your choice - model paints work well or you can use nail polish. Fill the indented area right up to the top.

3. Use a paper towel dipped in acetone to lightly wipe away the excess.

4. Let dry. You can cover with clear nail polish for a more resilient finish.

For alternating colors like the Scotty pic, do one color first, cover with blue painter tape, then do the next color.  Hope this helps. Have fun!!

• Upvote 1

“You don't have the game you played last year or last week. You only have today's game. It may be far from your best, but that's all you've got. Harden your heart and make the best of it.”

~ Walter Hagen

Any special prep?

i started a thread about paint fills a while back . after watching a lot of OEM clubmaking videos, the professionals use these for paintfill and it seems to be a lot faster. you just overfill everything, and wipe off excess.

i don't recommend using clear polish. it hardens and begins to crack and chip off with use and pulls all the paint out with it (that's my experience). and it's really hard to get off after you apply it, so when you go to change colors, it is more difficult.

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by 1puttit

1. Remove the old paint fill with acetone and q-tips. You might have to use a toothpick to get out stubborn paint.

2. Fill with enamel paint of your choice - model paints work well or you can use nail polish. Fill the indented area right up to the top.

3. Use a paper towel dipped in acetone to lightly wipe away the excess.

4. Let dry. You can cover with clear nail polish for a more resilient finish.

For alternating colors like the Scotty pic, do one color first, cover with blue painter tape, then do the next color.  Hope this helps. Have fun!!

Thanks much ----- have a new project when Winter just prevents going out and playing. Nice Work !!

Originally Posted by n8dogg2669

So I got bored today and decided to do some paint fill on my clubs. I have been wanting to do it for some time. This is my first time, and I want to go over some of them, but I think for a first time I did okay. I figured I would share them with you guys.

Looks great, thanks for sharing!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Any special prep?

Yeah just like some of the other posts, I didn't have acetone, but I had nail polish with Acetone in it, so I let each iron soak in it for about 10 mins or so and I actually used a dental pick to scrape out the paint. The paint on the Scotty came out with almost zero effort. I guess 12 years and it was ready to go, lol. But I used small hobby brushes to fill the intendation and then wiped with a paper towel with a small amount of nail polish remover on it. I found one trick for the MP52's was that I was able to apply and wipe immediately and it worked great. It was just boredom and I wanted to do something to my clubs without spending a grand on replacing irons or woods. Good luck.

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Looking good, did you take a pic of the 52s with no paint fill? meant to look real nice that way.

I did this to my Mizuno wedges in the same colour scheme back in March, I have the MPT-11s now though and they are blue and white so no need to change them

http://thesandtrap.com/t/44481/mizuno-mp-t10-wedge-custom-paint#post_581196

:tmade: M2 10.5° - Fujikura Pro 60 - Stiff
:tmade: V-Steel 18° - M.A.S Ultralight- Stiff
:ping: G400 4-UW - AWT 2.0 - Stiff
:tmade: Tour Preferred 58° ATV - KBS Tour-V - Wedge
:scotty_cameron: Select SquareBack - 34" - SuperStroke MS 2.0

I didn't take a pic, but I will tell you first hand they look great with no paint fill also. I thought about leaving it with no pain fill, but I figured I spent all the time to do the paint fill might as well do it. Now that I know how easy it is to do I may end up going no paint fill if I get bored with the white.

Originally Posted by Ash1974

Looking good, did you take a pic of the 52s with no paint fill? meant to look real nice that way.

I did this to my Mizuno wedges in the same colour scheme back in March, I have the MPT-11s now though and they are blue and white so no need to change them

http://thesandtrap.com/t/44481/mizuno-mp-t10-wedge-custom-paint#post_581196

Titleist 913 D3
Taylormade RBZ 3 Wood

Taylormade RBZ 3 Hybrid

Taylormade RBZ 4 Hybrid

MIzuno MP52 5-PW

MIzuno 52* MP-T10 Wedge

Note: This thread is 4533 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!