IGNORED

Tiger Woods in 2012

MSchott
Note: This thread is 4523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator

Originally Posted by MSchott

That's not the thread Erik pasted above.

Actually it is. We've since renamed it. The thread ID (the #) is the same.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by iacas

Actually it is. We've since renamed it. The thread ID (the #) is the same.

I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Originally Posted by Shorty

Just block everyone except Franky and you have one.

He is great reading because he makes really shrewd and detailed observations that you'd never know otherwise, such as:

Tiger plays well when he has confidence.

Tiger hasn't been playing well until now.

Tournaments are interesting when good players play in them. Even better when Tiger wins.

Now that had me laughing

In my mizuno.gif Neo Cart Bag or rife.gif Staff Bag on clicgear.gif 2.0 Trolley
 Driver: R11 10.5* |  3W: CB4 15* | adams.gif Hybrid: Idea Pro (20* & 23*)
bridgestone.gif Irons: J36 Cavity Back (5-PW) | vokey.gif Wedges: S.M Oil Cans: 52.08, 56.08 & 60.04
rife.gif Putter: 2-bar Hybrid Blade | bridgestone.gif Ball: B330-RX  Ball: Pro V1

Originally Posted by Shorty

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Pharaoh

Maybe it's time for Tiger's very own forum?

Just block everyone except Franky and you have one.

He is great reading because he makes really shrewd and detailed observations that you'd never know otherwise, such as:

Tiger plays well when he has confidence.

Tiger hasn't been playing well until now.

Tournaments are interesting when good players play in them. Even better when Tiger wins.

Considering Tiger plays well when he has confidence, and since he just won it could be inferred that he's playing with confidence? With Rory and Lee joining the PGA Tour there will be more good players playing on the PGA Tour in 2012 it seems. Are you suggesting 2012 will be more interesting as a result? What does this say for the European Tour?!? Is there a problem with depth on the Euorpean Tour, unlike the PGA Tour which has the majority of players currently in the OWGR top 100 as regular members?!? Can't wait for 2012!!!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Considering Tiger plays well when he has confidence, and since he just won it could be inferred that he's playing with confidence? With Rory and Lee joining the PGA Tour there will be more good players playing on the PGA Tour in 2012 it seems. Are you suggesting 2012 will be more interesting as a result? What does this say for the European Tour?!? Is there a problem with depth on the Euorpean Tour, unlike the PGA Tour which has the majority of players currently in the OWGR top 100 as regular members?!? Can't wait for 2012!!!

It's the chicken or egg question but I think Tiger has confidence when his swing is sound. I guarantee that's what he would say. He has confidence in this swing and his distance control and that makes him a danger to the others on the tour. He's a little wild off the tee but he always has been. However the wedge he hit on 18 yesterday was perfectly controlled and he's stinging his irons. It reminds me of his British Open win in 2006 at Royal Liverpool. It remains to be seen if this swing and his knee will hold up but it looks like 2012 will be a good year for Woods.

I figure he will win 2 majors and 4-6 other events.  The "young guns" who have never had to face the full force of a healthy motivated post-swing-change Tiger are in for a rude awakening.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

I agree that the practice swings are funky, but I have to say Tiger's swings looked pretty awesome.  I only saw highlights for the first three days and some of the final round, and man that is a simple and powerful swing!  The sound is just different - to me his swing stands out compared to other players again.  And at the same time he is balanced and doesn't look like he is over-swinging.  Great stuff and I also like to see him mixing in some different shot shapes again.  I'm not typically a Tiger "fanboy", but I think his long game looked pretty awesome this weekend.

Scott T

G5 9° V2 75 X / 909F2 15.5° V2 85 X / 909H 19° V2 100 X / MP-33 #3-PW X100 / X-Forged Chrome 54.15 60.10 X100 / FGP Black 34" / Penta TP

Handicap is a guess because I haven't established one yet.Best score so far is a 71 on a 6,509 yard 70.3/121 par 72 muni, during a glorious...

• Administrator

Ben Hogan turned 36 on Aug. 13, 1948 and won 6 majors (of his 9) after that.
Sam Snead turned 36 on May 27, 1948 and won 5 majors (of his 7) after that.
Gary Player turned 36 on Nov. 1, 1971 and won 4 majors (of his 9) after that.
Jack Nicklaus turned 36 on Jan. 21, 1976 and won 4 majors (of his 18) after that.
On the other end of the spectrum, Arnold Palmer won the last of his 7 majors at age 34, Tom Watson won the last of his 8 majors at age 33, and Seve Ballesteros won the last of his 5 majors at age 31.
  • Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 4523 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!