IGNORED

Welcome New Sponsor Pipoe Golf!

Note: This thread is 4050 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pretty cool , mutli purpose training aid called the Pipoe Golf Pro

Check out all the Drills that you can do with the Pipoe

You can flatten it and carry it you bag, put under you arm, hit balls with it under your foot.  I looking forward to seeing one in person.  I can see my son son using it in the backyard, swinging with it between his arms, and squeezing it between his legs on the followthrough.  The dog will probably love it too

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks Eric.

We are all excited to be here and looking forward to educating everyone on what makes Pipoe unique, and save a few strokes along the way.

A brief history on myself and the mission of the company:

Started playing when I was 7, now 32, and played through college.  I have been very blessed to have better players around me through out that time along with some of the best instructors.  All a great learning experience, and it still is.

In that time, I noticed a couple things in the way people practiced and the consistent issues people were having.  I also noticed that training aids were one dimensional and expensive.  If they worked in theory then you should need them for a minimal amount of time and move on.  I don't think swing changes come that easy, and can be costly.  We wanted something that addresses numerous swing flaws, Pipoe does just that.

An ironic element is that I grew up without a range, very rarely hitting balls.  But, I became a feel golfer and that is what Pipoe is all about.  Getting the feeling is important, you have to identify that correct feeling in your own mind.  Keep it simple.  Then keep that feeling/swing thought as long as it is working.  Pipoe is flexible and works with your body to find that feeling.

Which brings me back to the first point, the way people practice.  There are plenty of good aids out there.  But we wanted to take a training aid, and make it a true practice aid.  Develop a solid foundation in your practice routine from every aspect.  Pipoe does that and more.  You can use it to warm up, workout and yes....a dog toy (not recommended).  The cards are the size of a cup, for putting in the living room or the hotel like we did in college.  Even for a crowded putting green before a shotgun start.  We took everything we wanted to make Pipoe great and found some more along the way.  For the price, we feel it can truly give some help to everyone's game at a price that is cheaper than a dozen balls.

I'll leave it at that to hopefully open a discussion.  But, the main goals of Pipoe are to give every golfer a "friend" while practicing, make it simple, affordable and convenient.  Sort of a Golf Pro that is always with you.

Many thanks,

Andy & The Pipoe Team.

Thanks for overwhelming interest in Pipoe.

We have worked out a deal with Santa, since you are all so nice.  We will be offering FREE SHIPPING for TST users until the end of the year.  Just use the coupon code TST11

Get your orders in by the 19th to get them under the tree.

Thanks again for overwhelming us, very much appreciated!

Pipoe Team.

Interestingly enough, I actually plan on taking a relative hiatus from playing golf in 2012.  However, I want to try a little experiment while doing so.  My swing actually came together quite well toward the end of 2011.  I want to see what kinds of improvements I can make just by doing very simple, targeted drills (and also markedly improving my fitness).  I think this seems like a great tool that can help with a wide variety of exercises.  I'm also going to buy one for my dad as a tool to help get through the winter.

But, I'm having an issue with your website, it says it can't ship to my address?  Nothing remarkable about it, it's not some new construction neighborhood, just your typical suburban residence, no issues with any shipping carrier before this, zip code 19426, USA.  Any idea what's wrong?

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Would love to see a product review sonicblue!  (yes that rhymed)

Mike McLoughlin

Absolutely.  Unfortunately, it will be a while before I can comment on how the drills translate to play (as winter settles here in the Northeast), but I will at least offer some thoughts asap on how the drills feel and the quality of the construction/design of the Pipoe itself.

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

• 3 weeks later...

Doing some practice with the Pipoe.  Really like that I can squeeze the Pipoe between my arms.  Before when I've done this kind of practice with a mini soccer ball, it's tough to keep the ball from popping out.  With the Pipoe, it stays between your arms and you can adjust how far apart you want them.  We (Golf Evolution) tell students all the time, and eachother , to squeeze the elbows together on the back swing and downswing.  You can see how keeping my elbows together really gets my hands forward at impact.

Doing the right foot banking drill was good too, very durable and "pops" back into place.  All swings were using an 8 iron, I wouldn't recommend using any more club than that.  If you want to hit shots, start with one of your wedges for these kinds of drills.

Mike McLoughlin

That is great Mike.  Good thoughts on the "squeezing".  Everyone has a different way to talk about positions, but I think most try to attain a "feel" during the swing not the thought of the position.  Be it a feeling in your elbows, forearms or core it doesn't matter as long as you repeat it.  Squeezing is one of them, well done.  I like the squeezing Pipoe between the arms for putting as well.  Keeps the shoulders rocking.

It is an incredible material to make Pipoe so durable.  We have put it through some rigorous tests.  Beside the occasional indentation from soft spikes and discoloration from grips it can take some abuse.

If you put Pipoe on the outside of your foot as well, it will simulate what a lot of players do with a golf ball under the outside of the foot.  Keeps you from swaying, and helps some get their weight transferring better, but under more control than standing on a golf ball.

Thanks for the video/demo.

• 1 year later...
Note: This thread is 4050 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!