IGNORED

My Students (before and now)

cbrian
Note: This thread is 4475 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by mvmac

I like that one of Trev

Yeah, he reminds me a lot of Troy in certain areas. Hes a super kid and really is inspired. After this golf season I will probably do a big B&A; post on him. The swing is night and day, but so are other parts of his game. Can't wait to see what he does this year.

Originally Posted by james_hirshfield

Fixing PP4 and #3 will assist in getting the tilts you are looking for.

Yeah, we actually touched on the PP's. He's a young kid though (despite appearances) and hes in one of those stages where his muscles are trying to catch up with a growth spurt. So hes a little tight and a little weaker than he will be once some time passes. Because of that he has minor physical trouble performing some of the pieces. I absolutely agree with what you are saying though.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

And again no B&A;, just a swing. We were working on not overloading and then unloading #1 and #4. I think the second half of her season is going to be a good one.

• 2 weeks later...

Its been a while since I last posted, so I figured I should put something up. I've been doing pictures recently instead of videos. I didn't start doing these with you guys in mind, but I think you guys might like these more. Or at least that's what I'm hoping.

I decided to start with this one first because its been coming up recently. I'm not going to say anything at first, but instead ask you guys the questions. Why do you think I named it what I did and what do you think I changed that helped get the picture to look different on the right?

Foot flair, Hip Rotation comparison p9ish.JPG

I will take a stab at it because it is something I am really struggling with right now.  The back foot banking.  Helping him get the proper extension feeling at finish instead of the reverse C back damaging finish?  Just a guess.

Originally Posted by secondary

I will take a stab at it because it is something I am really struggling with right now.  The back foot banking.  Helping him get the proper extension feeling at finish instead of the reverse C back damaging finish?  Just a guess.

Yep, but I didn't tell him to bank his foot. I used a preset and a drill that encouraged the banking. Any ideas as to what those two things might be? (look close)

Originally Posted by Nole77

Flaring the feet out?

Yep, and something to feel when the right knee goes out towards the toes too much. I use a stick (see the pic) or two baskets stacked on each other.

So time for another. Any thoughts on what changed here (what the lines mean)? Also, do you see anything else that has changed that isn't pointed out by a line.

Extension p4 (Makray).JPG

Left: Trying to "turn into right leg" and "maintain the right knee flex". Leads to: lack of extension in backswing relative to rotation and side tilt. Leads to: head translating off the ball.

Right: Allowing right knee to lose some flex frees right hip to gain depth and height, allowing spine to extend and head to remain stable. Bonus: Much better extensor action. (Left arm doesn't need to bend because shoulders can turn more freely.)

• Upvote 1

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Absolutely! 110% for you... haha. Low point and distance difference was dramatic.

I'll post another one soon.

Originally Posted by westcyderydin

Brian, i always liked what you had to say on the other board...good to see you here.  Nice job on the students, keep it up!

Thank you. I appreciate that.

Time for another pic. I have a basic explanation on this one, but anyone think they can explain it in more detail? IE: Why elbows separate, etc.

Weight and elbows (shaw).JPG

In the left picture, has the right elbow chicken winged? In the right picture, the right elbow looks to be much lower than the left

Originally Posted by cbrian

Yep, and something to feel when the right knee goes out towards the toes too much. I use a stick (see the pic) or two baskets stacked on each other.

So time for another. Any thoughts on what changed here (what the lines mean)? Also, do you see anything else that has changed that isn't pointed out by a line.

Not really that as much as you can just see the right elbow. In the right picture, his left arm is given more freedom to keep moving away from the ball and therefore doesn't break down like the picture on the left. Thats what stretch was talking about.

Note: This thread is 4475 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!