IGNORED

My Swing (Chris Shades)

Chris Shades
Note: This thread is 4519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I thought my iron striking was decent until I got a couple of free lesson's at golftec as a gift. Seeing yourself swing on cam is a real eye opener. I know the backswing could use work but I think the worst part is at and after impact. Please let me know what I can work on to better my swing or maybe some drills. I do not expect a full cure to make it perfect, just a little better and hopefully I can progress slowly.

I would work on the face first.  It's way shut and would cause alot of the issues through impact you see because you fight to keep it open

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

There is nothing wrong with the attachment and left arm location in the downswing..... if you want to hit low pulls, pull draws and cuts. That would still require follow through work as well.

To hit the ball higher and with a tighter curve:

1. Hips forward (and turn both feet out 20*... your foot spins out because that is where it SHOULD be)

2. MASSIVE hip slide closed with left leg staying flexed MUCH longer. (that will keep the left arm in longer)

3. The pad of the index finger on right hand should be on the SIDE of the grip. Yours is too far under. (turn right hand 15* to the left, and across the pads of the middle fingers)

Then you can start doing the follow through pieces

James Hirshfield

Tour Professional Golf Coach

@hirshfield <-- Follow me on Twitter!

james@thegolfevolution.com

UK 07939-902455

USA (814) 464-3446

Note: This thread is 4519 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!