IGNORED

My Swing (Tiikeli)

Tiikeli
Note: This thread is 4509 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Sadly only front view with 9 iron. Tried to get video from down the line today but my (new) gym workout took too much toll and I couldn't hit the ball at all. Any comments and ideas on improvement areas are more than welcome

Looks good, I'd recommend doing more of what you're doing in the practice swings, keeping the head between your feet on the backswing.  IMO the head is moving too far to the right

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mvmac

IMO the head is moving too far to the right

Thanks for the feedback. I just tried to imitate my swing on office bathroom mirror and reason might be that I have my chin too close to my chest and it gets bit stuck on left shoulded during backswing. I will surely monitor this.

Any other pointers? I personally noticed the width of my stance and ball position. Most instructions/tips I've read says ball should be in the middle of stance for short irons and stance should be about shoulder width. From that perspective my stance is bit too wide and ball position bit too forward. However, I feel really balanced with that stance and ball position encourages me to hit ball forward but still downwards. Same goes with weight shift. If I move ball back to middle of the stance and make stance bit narrower I start hitting the ground too much and also have harder time to shifting my weight. What you guys think?

This was first time I actually saw my swing on video and was surprised and quite happy the way it looked. I recorded around 10 swings and they all looked pretty much alike (had hard time choosing best one to show you guys )

It's a good looking swing. Only suggestions i can make are to repeat the head movement feedback and mention the weak(ish) grip.  Your chin does look like it's getting dragged by your left shoulder on your back swing and, it's hard to tell from the video, but it looks like your grip might be on the weaker side. If it works don't fix it, but if you are having slice issues you might want to play around with a stronger grip.  It did wonders for me. I found a stronger grip prevented me from needing to time any wrist rolling at impact to close the face.  A side benefit is with the more consistent club face alignment I was able to add a little wrist cock and slight elbow bend on the backswing for more distance too.  A lot of people frown on the extra levers but it worked for me and was based on the consistently closed club face of the stronger grip.

My only suggestion would be maybe the tempo may be a little quick, but it looks good!

In My Cleveland golf stand bag:
Driver: r580xd 10.5
Woods: launcher 3 and 5 woods
Irons: gunmetal TA-3 1 iron and 3-pw
Wedges: MP-T series 53* oil can 58* Putter: sigma

Originally Posted by Tiikeli

Thanks for the feedback. I just tried to imitate my swing on office bathroom mirror  and reason might be that I have my chin too close to my chest and it gets bit stuck on left shoulded during backswing. I will surely monitor this.

It may seem odd but keeping the chin close to your chest will HELP stay centered.  The reason is because the left shoulder has to travel done enough.  This use to be a big Adam Scott thing, chin up to make a big shoulder turn, well look at any swings from this year and he's trying to "bury his chin into his chest", his words.  It also helps with how we view the ball, out of our central vision.  Check this thread out for how the left shoulder needs to work to stay centered http://thesandtrap.com/t/54540/a-centered-pivot

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4509 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!