IGNORED

Hank Haney's Book "The Big Miss" about his time teaching Tiger

mvmac
Note: This thread is 3915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

At least now we know what the title means: Haney is going to miss coaching Tiger when he breaks both Jack and Sam Snead's records.

Kevin

Titleist 910 D3 9.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Titleist 910F 13.5* with ahina 72 X flex
Adams Idea A12 Pro hybrid 18*; 23* with RIP S flex
Titleist 712 AP2 4-9 iron with KBS C-Taper, S+ flex
Titleist Vokey SM wedges 48*, 52*, 58*
Odyssey White Hot 2-ball mallet, center shaft, 34"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...

Wrong, we now know that Tiger nor his Agent got a copy of the book before hand. Haney was a opportunist with the book and is still gathering profits from Tiger by getting a TV Show. It is a shame that he had the opportunity to help Tiger. I am sure that Tiger is upset with himself for hiring Haney and not just going back to his old coach or to the one that he has now. Either way, Hank Haney knows that he took a cheap shot with the personal stuff that he put forth. It was a employee / friendship deal and to say it was not is just silly. No employee if he does not trust you will let you stay at his home and have dinner with his family. But it is the past and Tiger is winning and Hank Haney still can not stay out the spot light and wanted to say that he thinks Tiger is doing well. Well I think we can all see that.

• 3 months later...

Its an awesome book.  Seems like Haney is deeply influenced by Ben Hogan, and he mentions that woods had a fascination with him.  The book taught me a lot of things.  Maybe most importantly, the importance of practicing very specific things pertaining to swing mechanics.  And how important it is to ingrain good swing concepts as the most important key to shooting lower and more consistent scores.

• 2 weeks later...

I thoroughly enjoyed the book, but it made me cringe the whole way through.  A lot of the texts and conversations were just not meant for public consumption so it feels weird to read them.  It didn't stop me from continuing though.  I actually regard Tiger more highly than before reading it, but my opinion of Hank went a little down.  Seems like he's trying too hard to defend his coaching when I don't think it was needed in the first place.

Note: This thread is 3915 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!