IGNORED

Club Distance Problems...

Chadman
Note: This thread is 4456 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a problem with the distance of my golf clubs and i would like some advice. My woods and my driver all hit the same distance which is 250. I usually leave my woods at home because I know that I won't need them. Any ideas as too what my problem might be. I should also add that I play in the mid 90's and have only been at it for a few yrs.

Stand back ladies, I'm taking out my driver!

Wedges Irons Driver Wood Putter
Balls Range Finder Gloves and shoes>>>> Could start my own Pro-Shop with this many brand names

250 is a decent distance, especially if that's your average.  I seldom use my woods either, but I am glad to have them (love my 5 wood) in the bag when I need them.  They are truely handy on long par 5's.  I have better dispersion with a FW over a driver, so I also occasionaly use one to tee off with when faced with a narrow fairway, not to mention it's a lot easier to hit off the deck than a driver.  Have you tried any hybrids in place of fairway woods?

Try to get a video uploaded, the resident expects would give you some feedback, I'm sure.

yeah, I have hybrids that I LOVE!! I use them off the deck and off the tee. they work great a i have a good spread of distances between the two that i have but between my 5wood and 3 wood and driver, threr is no distance change. i keep my driver in my bag instead of the woods because... well, it's my driver.( Tough-guy complex talking there )

Stand back ladies, I'm taking out my driver!

Wedges Irons Driver Wood Putter
Balls Range Finder Gloves and shoes>>>> Could start my own Pro-Shop with this many brand names

You should have some distance change between your 3wood and your driver, otherwise there wouldn't be a point of having them. Since they are different degrees of loft, you're either delofting your 3wood to make it closer to the drivers loft, or you're playing the ball too far forward in your stance with your driver and adding loft.

Originally Posted by Chadman

yeah, I have hybrids that I LOVE!! I use them off the deck and off the tee. they work great a i have a good spread of distances between the two that i have but between my 5wood and 3 wood and driver, threr is no distance change. i keep my driver in my bag instead of the woods because... well, it's my driver.( Tough-guy complex talking there )

What are your distances - other than the 250 you're getting for all your woods?  Do you know what your carry distances are? Maybe you're getting to the 250 mark 3 different ways. That's what really old woods used to be like. Similar distances (within 10-15 yards) but different trajectories. You put the brand names in your signature, but there's really no information there wrt lofts or shafts.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4456 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!