IGNORED

Srixon Z Star - SL

Note: This thread is 4562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone try the new Z Star SL ball? Made for slower swing speed, I guess to compete with the Bridgestone B330RX. I really like Srixon balls and played the q-Star some last year and currently playing the Z-Star. With a 95mph driver swing speed, curious if the SL may be the better ball.

Its a great ball if you have a slower swingspeed.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Yea its a solid ball.  Compression wise if you were to compare it with compression its 80.  So slower swing speeds with benefit from it, but will also retain the feel around the green that people want in a 3 piece ball.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've played a few holes with the SL ball and WOW this thing is soft. Really too soft for my liking. They had a nice soft feel off my driver and irons, but putting the ball is really soft and you have to hit it, seems like twice as hard. My home course had aerated the greens about a week and a half ago so the greens were really rolling slow so I only played a few holes and changed back to the Z-Star and was a big difference in putting speed of the ball. I may try them again later but these will probably get put on the shelf until next winter to use when it's cold.

Note: This thread is 4562 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!