IGNORED

I learned a lot about my swing today

Note: This thread is 6191 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I had an iron fitting this afternoon. First off I found out I need 2* up in my X20s. That alone made a huge difference. Then the pro mentioned that I was standing up to keep the toe of my clubs from digging into the ground. I'll ship my irons to Callaway first thing in the morning to be bent. I never dreamed about having my irons fit before. I thought that was only something very good players did. All I can saw is I'm sorry I waited so long. I could have had a lot more enjoyment out of the game if I hadn't been fighting clubs and trying to compensate for them all these years.

I had mine bent 1 degree up and all extended by an inch and a half. I know what you mean--it will make the world in difference to your golf game. Before, I was squatting down, pushing shots off to the side, the toe would dig into the ground, etc. etc...

Good luck with those clubs... fairways, and greens, I suppose.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Tomorrow im going to a ping fitting so ill learn alot.
In My Bag

Driver: Sasquatch 460 9.5°
3 Wood: Laser 3 Wood 15°
5 Wood: r7 19° (Stiff)Irons: S58 Irons 4-PW Orange DotWedge: Harmonized 60°Wedge: Z TP 54°Putter: Tiffany 34"Balls: Pro V1 Shoes: Adidas Tour 360 IIThe Meadows Golf Coursewww.themeadowsgc.comAge: 16

I just got a new set of Taylormade R7 irons and i was fit for them. I knew i was going to need fit since i'm so tall. Well I needed +1.5 inches and them turned up 3*. After playing 3 rounds i've seen a huge difference now. I just shot my low round of about 3 years, an 80 on a par 72.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

I just got a new set of Taylormade R7 irons and i was fit for them. I knew i was going to need fit since i'm so tall. Well I needed +1.5 inches and them turned up 3*. After playing 3 rounds i've seen a huge difference now. I just shot my low round of about 3 years, an 80 on a par 72.

Just curious, how tall are you? I'm 6'3" and I'm thinking I might needed a little extra length.

I'm a ball marker shy of 6'3" and my very first set of irons were +0.5" and they didn't work for me. My curresnt set is standard length and I have no problems with them.

Forget your opponents; always play against par. - Sam Snead

Driver: R580 9.5 deg
3-Wood: 15.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)
5-Wood: 18.0 deg (holdover from my starter set)Irons: TA-5 3-PWWedge: CG-12 56 degPutter: White Hot XG Sabertooth

Just curious, how tall are you? I'm 6'3" and I'm thinking I might needed a little extra length.

somewhere in 6'4"-6'5". I've noticed a giant difference now and i'm glad i made sure to get fit and just not buy right off the racks.

Driver: 9.5* SQ Sumo Stiff
3W: 15* SQ Stiff
Irons: 3-PW R7 Stiff Flex
GW: X Tour Vintage 52 11 bounce
SW: X Tour Vintage 56 13 bounceLW: X Tour Vintage 60 8 BouncePutter: Monza CorzaBall: HX Tour 56

I had an iron fitting this afternoon. First off I found out I need 2* up in my X20s. That alone made a huge difference. Then the pro mentioned that I was standing up to keep the toe of my clubs from digging into the ground. I'll ship my irons to Callaway first thing in the morning to be bent. I never dreamed about having my irons fit before. I thought that was only something very good players did. All I can saw is I'm sorry I waited so long. I could have had a lot more enjoyment out of the game if I hadn't been fighting clubs and trying to compensate for them all these years.

Where did you go in Indy?

Bag: Discovery
Driver: r7 460 Driver weighted neutral
Fairway:r7 FW 3 w/ Aldila NV 75S
Hybrid:Rescue 16 & 19
Irons:RAC OS 3-PW +1.25" Wedge:r7 SWPutter: Circa 62 #5Balls:NXT or ProV1'sTrying: Tour Model Blades

Where did you go in Indy?

I went to Old Oakland but Golfsmith and Golf Galaxy can do the same thing. When I checked with Golfsmith they were still waiting for a lot of stuff to arrive for fittings. I just checked Callaway's page for demo days and iron fitting and decided to go with Old Oakland after talking with them.

Note: This thread is 6191 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!