IGNORED

Asking Guests (Friends) to pay Greens Fees at your Country Club??

Derek02
Note: This thread is 4081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Derek02

The reason I would never ask my Dad to pay to play at my club is that I have played at his club countless times without him ever asking for any money; that and all the things he has done for me over my lifetime.  I actually am proud of the fact that I cannow  afford to be a member of my own club, and can invite my Dad to play there instead of the other way around.

I can appreciate that!!  .....a little payback for dad!!  I hope you live near enough to have the opportunity to play regularly with your father.   I wish I could play with my dad more!!  We live nearly 1,000 miles apart and only get to play together a few times a year.  He's not getting any younger (in his 70s), and I really relish every opportunity I get to spend good quality time with my dad.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

• 10 months later...

I just haven't really been asked to pay the greens fees myself when invited by others so I wasn't sure if it was commonly accepted to pay for guests you invite to your club.

This was my situation when first asked to play at the CC in my development by a friend and neighbor who's a member (I am not). He invited me without mentioning the fee and we had a most enjoyable round, on him. But the next time he invited me I asked the guy in the pro shop how much it was for a guest and I payed for myself before he showed up. I should have asked the first time and payed then as well but I was naive about the whole business and I thought that he was expecting to pay (which I believe he was).

These sort of ambiguities should be cleared up before you play to avoid misunderstanding or embarrassment.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Hey...I'm not rich and I don't expect to pay my guest fees.   When I belonged to a private clubs and friends of mine played as guests........I was up front.....it costs $XX to play.................If they played as a guest, they forked over the cash on arrival.  It was never an issue because they were happy to be guests teeing it up at a private club.

It is what it is.........   and it was never an issue.  they never expected to play for free just because they played with me at my club.

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

It all depends really.

If Im arranging a round with my neighbour Ill drop him a text saying "fancy a round tomorrow...its cheaper during the week so will only set you back £xx", to which he will reply either a yes or no depending on whether he can get leave from his wife :)

On the other hand, if Im inviting "special" friends Ill pay for the round and tell them not to worry about it when they offer money at the club house BUT I only do that because they invite me to play at the PGA at the Belfry for free :) So its give and take :)

Regards

Mailman

Mailman

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Also, I have never been asked by my host to pay for my round when I was invited to this club.

This could be essential. Is this host the one you want to invite? I would not let hem pay.

Do you want to invite others that did'nt invite you for free? 90% of them, I would let them pay the full price. The other 10% would be a special treat.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4081 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!