IGNORED

Why do you think the RocketBallz line is so successful? Is it JUST the name?

Note: This thread is 4347 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Alot of people complain about the white crown that Taylormade is sporting on they're new line of woods, some say they like it, but the majority of the bunch are more comfortable with the classic look of a black, shiny crown. If you hit it and don't like it, no matter what tip you are using or alteration you've made to the club i.e. lowering or raising the loft, then that is that. Rocketballz is simply a name, the whole point is to go out on a whim, come up with an unorthodox name that whether it's a positive or negative vibe, catches the consumers attention. I for one picked up a RBZ Tour 9 Degree, tweaked the loft for a more open club face at address, and cut it down two inches. Didn't lose ANY distance and can pretty much place my drives wherever I want them. When I say this driver goes, it GOEESSSSSSS. You think the name is lame, ok we get it, but obviously Taylormade has benefited with the consumer sales industry, considering the fact they're new line has topped the charts in sales only being on the market for a month. Get over yourself man, that is all.

Marketing hype and tour presence.  Its the formula that has made Taylormade as a whole successful.  Whats funny is that the pros dont even need to use Rocketballz clubs, make them wear a RBZ had and 90% of the public thinks they do.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

• 2 weeks later...

For one, Taylormade is great at marketing their products. They have a strong tour presence as well, and I've personally hit a few with the RBZ... it's a great feeling club. Easy to hit. I'm not sure how the ball was flying exactly, being that I was on an indoor simulator at Golfsmith, but swinging the club and overall contact with the golf ball felt good, much better than the R11.

The white club heads on the new Taylormade drivers/woods look pretty sick too... I think there's much more to the line's success than just the name (which I honestly don't mind, seeing that some people think it's lame).

MY GEAR:

Driver/Woods/Hybrids: RBZ Tour

Irons: X Forged 2013's

Wedges: SM4's (52/56)

Putter: PROTYPE Series

Balls: HEX Black Tour/Chrome +  Pro V1x/NXT Tour

I love the white heads on drivers and fairways woods to be honest.

I think the name is a bit lame but honestly, nobody cares what clubs you were using and it doesn't state it on your scorecard. If the scores are lower, that's good enough for me.

I've always waxed lyrical about how amazing my superfast 2.0 3W is. I haven't hit the rocketballz 3W but if it's anything like mine, it must be a goodie. My SF is just an utter beast and feels incredible off the face. That said, there's so many great products out there and they're not all suited to everyone.

I think TM are just really good at promoting and marketing their products and I think they make genuinely great stuff. Each to his own.

I didn't like the white heads either when they first came out and swore I would never buy one. And I haven't......yet. But I tried out my buddy's RBZ 13* 3 wood and that thing was very surprising. Easy to hit off the deck and I hit it almost as far as my driver off the tee. Makes me wonder how well I would hit their driver.

No doubt there may be a lot of hype out there with TM products, but for me the RBZ 3 wood is the real deal. When you start getting on with age, distance is important. And I am pushing 60. I do plan to try out  Adams new stuff before buying anything and maybe the 910 too.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I didn't like the white heads either when they first came out and swore I would never buy one. And I haven't......yet. But I tried out my buddy's RBZ 13* 3 wood and that thing was very surprising. Easy to hit off the deck and I hit it almost as far as my driver off the tee. Makes me wonder how well I would hit their driver.  No doubt there may be a lot of hype out there with TM products, but for me the RBZ 3 wood is the real deal. When you start getting on with age, distance is important. And I am pushing 60. :-O  I do plan to try out  Adams new stuff before buying anything and maybe the 910 too.

I've got an Adams 3-wood right now with a silver head, and it's not as distracting as you think. I've stopped noticing it completely, and it, along with the black face of the Fast 12, frames the ball well.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

First, I'll say that for me I don't care what the name is or what color the head is: it's all about performance and how the club performs for me.  If it's called the Hello Kitty special and painted paisley, if it helps my game...I'll swing Miss Kitty.

That being said, my buddy (low single digit hdcp) needed a new 3-wood and after hitting several ended up with the Rocketballz.  Absolutely amazing to watch him hit it, and this is someone I play golf with all the time; I know how he hits his clubs.  Instant yardage gain.  Was getting very tired of watching him out-drive me (by a ton) with me hitting driver and him hitting 3-wood.

Then my local shop who I buy all my clubs from sent me an email this week: would sell me a new Rocketballz driver very at a nice discount due to a special promotion they had with the TM sales rep.  Fine...I'll go hit it.  In a word...wow.  Now don't get me wrong; my swing has been crap lately and I knew that was part of my problem with loss of distance with my R9.  However hitting the RBZ with the same current crap swing...picked up major yards and straight as an arrow.  Sold.  Still tweaking the settings to get my desired ball flight but as much as I resisted the hype (and the white head) it's in the bag.

WHAT'S IN MY BAG

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ 9.5 degree; 3-Wood: TaylorMade RBZ 15 degree; Hybrids: TaylorMade RBZ 19 degree; Irons: Titleist AP1; Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54/60; Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Fastback; Ball: Callaway Hex Chrome+  Grips:  PURE Pro

Originally Posted by jamo

I've got an Adams 3-wood right now with a silver head, and it's not as distracting as you think. I've stopped noticing it completely, and it, along with the black face of the Fast 12, frames the ball well.

Did you hit the RBZ and compare the 2 before buying the F12? Just wondered how they compared to you.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I don't like the name and I don't like Taylormade clubs.  I don't even know why for sure.....I just don't.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Did you hit the RBZ and compare the 2 before buying the F12? Just wondered how they compared to you.

With the stock shafts I got identical distance from the two (both were slightly shorter than the new Nikes, again, with the stock shafts). The Taylor Made and Adams are similar clubs. Long shafts, similar face technology, fairly large heads, etc.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4347 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!