IGNORED

My Swing (PumaAttack)

pumaAttack
Note: This thread is 2886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Better foot and knee flare?

Working on more flare in my feet and knees as well as a narrower stance.  Still working on more hip turn and moving forward on my downswing.

Tony  

:titleist:    |   :tmade:   |     :cleveland: 

Finally signed up for Evolvr and have a lot to work on.

Currently I am working on a new backswing as I was shown just how far off mine was.  This change should really help me hit the sweetspot a lot better.

I am working on rotating my body more on the backswing and changing the movement of my hands to be more back then up.

I am also looking to keep my right elbow on the front side of the shirt seem.

Tony  

Went to the range for lunch break today.

Really set out to hit the ball slow and work on my rotation and wrist placement.  The ball was flying!  Now I just need to train myself to swing slowly standing on the tee box.

I also placed a headcover outside my ball to help prevent shanks.  Worked great as I didn't shank once after I did that.

Tony  

• 3 weeks later...

With the help of some evolvr lessons I am working on getting my positions better at a1, a2, a3, and a4.   I never realized how far off my hands were during my backswing.  I was way way too deep.

I practiced my drills and visualized getting my hands in the proper place.

I played a round with some friends yesterday and hit the ball so well.  Best I have hit it in years.  I shot a 6 over 42 with a birdie on a pretty difficult course.  My last round before the lessons I was lucky to shoot in the 50s and was at a total loss with my swing.

Amazed at the progress in less than a month!

Tony  

With the help of some evolvr lessons I am working on getting my positions better at a1, a2, a3, and a4.   I never realized how far off my hands were during my backswing.  I was way way too deep.

I practiced my drills and visualized getting my hands in the proper place.

I played a round with some friends yesterday and hit the ball so well.  Best I have hit it in years.  I shot a 6 over 42 with a birdie on a pretty difficult course.  My last round before the lessons I was lucky to shoot in the 50s and was at a total loss with my swing.

Amazed at the progress in less than a month!

Good to hear, keep it up!

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Working on better position at a2 through a4.

I am not sure on my hands/wrists especially at a4.  Does this look right?

Tony  

Working on better position at a2 through a4.

I am not sure on my hands/wrists especially at a4.  Does this look right?

I saw what you're working on with Stephan, make sure to check that grip, get the left hand heel pad on top, still looks palmy to me.

Mike McLoughlin

I saw what you're working on with Stephan, make sure to check that grip, get the left hand heel pad on top, still looks palmy to me.  [CONTENTEMBED=/t/75436/how-to-grip-a-golf-club-commonalities-of-a-functional-golf-grip layout=inline]​[/CONTENTEMBED]

Thanks for the reply. I am definitely working on that stronger and less palmy grip. It was hot and sometimes my Heelpad slips back down to the slide. I will keep that more in mind. As far as the wrists. I am not sure which way to bend/point my left wrist at a4. Should it be bending down towards the ground? I was hitting the ball really really solid yesterday but want to make sure it's a repeatable move and not just good timing.

Tony  

@pumaAttack

It takes some practice to get the grip right. I used to wear out a lot of gloves in the wrong place near the lower part of the pad of hand, but once you get it right there's another benefit. You won't wear out as many golf gloves. I've had one last an entire season.

Your left wrist at A4 looked fine to me. It's flat. No bow or cup.

Julia

:callaway:  :cobra:    :seemore:  :bushnell:  :clicgear:  :adidas:  :footjoy:

Spoiler

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha w/ Fubuki Z50 R 44.5"
FW: Cobra BiO CELL 14.5 degree; 
Hybrids: Cobra BiO CELL 22.5 degree Project X R-flex
Irons: Cobra BiO CELL 5 - GW Project X R-Flex
Wedges: Cobra BiO CELL SW, Fly-Z LW, 64* Callaway PM Grind.
Putter: 48" Odyssey Dart

Thanks for the reply. I am definitely working on that stronger and less palmy grip. It was hot and sometimes my Heelpad slips back down to the slide. I will keep that more in mind.

As far as the wrists. I am not sure which way to bend/point my left wrist at a4. Should it be bending down towards the ground?

More about getting that heel pad "on top" than whether it's weak or strong.

Your wrist looks fine at 4, it's flat, matches your left forearm, like these guys below. Obviously cupped (Fred Couples) or bowed (Dustin Johnson) can also work.

Mike McLoughlin

• 2 weeks later...

Played two different 9 holes rounds over the weekend.

Shot a 4 over and a 2 over.  Easily my best two rounds ever.  Hit 7/9 greens on the latter round and two three-putts cost me an even par round!  It was pretty fun lining up a shot and watching it go in that direction all round, not just the occasional 1 or 2 shots.

Thanks Evolvr for all the help so far, and I am looking forward to more improvement.

Tony  

I really need to work on keeping my right elbow in front of me.  I keep getting my hands too deep and wrapping my right elbow around my body.  I know I use my elbow to twist my upper body so that has been a hard habit to break so far.

When I can consciously remember to keep my right elbow in front of me I hit the ball very well.   Got to take it slow and get that move ingrained.

Tony  

• 2 weeks later...

Working on getting steeper at a3 and not having my hands get so deep.  I can do this decently well with a wedge but really struggle with a longer iron.  Any ideas?

Wedge:

6 iron:

Tony  

Camera angles are different.

This looks fine to me.

Mike McLoughlin

• 5 months later...

Working with my Evolvr coach again!  Looking forward to lowering my scores this season. 

Really working on my legs and elbow during my backswing currently:

This video is of my doing a slow swing, thats why it probably looks off.

Tony  

Note: This thread is 2886 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!