IGNORED

Yardage Book

iacas
Note: This thread is 6161 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Administrator
I'd like to find a place that's willing to sell me some sort of blank yardage book. I don't want a little notepad that will fall apart in no time - I'd like something halfway decent. Empty, too - I want to write my own notes. I want to diagram the holes on the bottom, the green, on the top, and leave space for notes and whatnot around the edges. Ideally the pages will be interchangeable, as I may goof up a hole or two and want to start over.

I've never seen anything quite like this for sale, so I'm wondering if there is something, and if not, if there's a suitable substitute.

Anyone know?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'd like to find a place that's willing to sell me some sort of blank yardage book. I don't want a little notepad that will fall apart in no time - I'd like something halfway decent. Empty, too - I want to write my own notes. I want to diagram the holes on the bottom, the green, on the top, and leave space for notes and whatnot around the edges. Ideally the pages will be interchangeable, as I may goof up a hole or two and want to start over.

If you're not too picky on how it looks on the outside, try getting one of those little planners that I see a lot of high schoolers use these days. The covering seems to be made of pretty strong stuff.

"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Check Franklincovey.com

These people are the kings of making very nice organizers. They dropped the golf organizer couple years ago - but there binders are nice, pages are easily removed etc. . .

Problem is, they all have something on them. Perhaps they make a "blank page" package you could get for your binder. I don't know.

See what you think.

J.P.

Bridgestone J33 10.5* Fujikura Rombax w
Bridgestone J33 15* Fujikura Zcom tw74
Tour Edge XCG 18* 3 hybrid Mizuno MP30 4-PW DG S300Vokey SM 52 bent 51Vokey Spin Milled 56 & 60Cameron Newport BchBridgestone B330s

• Administrator
These people are the kings of making very nice organizers. They dropped the golf organizer couple years ago - but there binders are nice, pages are easily removed etc. . .

How exactly am I going to fit a binder in my back pocket?

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The Moleskine pocket reporter style notebooks fit in your back pocket. I would recommend either the one with plain paper or the one with graph paper squares. The latter might actually be better for sketching holes.

The reporter style is bound on top, like a stenographers pad. Moleskines are very cool; the black binding kind of looks like what the tour players pull out of their pockets when they are deciding what club to pull

I have one with lines that I intend to use for a similar purpose, but I've been procrastinating.

http://www.moleskines.com/moleskine-...notebooks.html

The pages aren't really removable, though. You would have to cut out pages you wanted to lose.

why not try making your own, using a note pad and import thr pictures of the course into your notepad, thats what i do when i got an play practise rounds, and make your own notes

r7 quad ht
r7 ti 5 wood
duel stiff rescue
ht irons
49 deg 56 deg anser putter pro v1 ball

Try golfwits.com they sale blank yardage books. I just made one for Murifield Village so I can take it along this week while watching the Memorial. (I have two badges for the week.)
You buy the books you want (they have thousands of courses to choose from) and I print them on card stock and make like a flip chart. They print out pocket size - four holes to a sheet of paper. When I'm done adding my note I laminate them. The one I printed for Murifield I printed on photo paper because I don't plan on writing on it.
I really like their books but it takes me forever to get all my notes on them.
T-Bone Marshall
Home Course: www.waldenponds.com (74.1/134) 7001 yds
in my bag
Driver: Big Ben cs3 10.5 Stiff/Draw set up
Fairway: Hogan Edge 3,5 metal:Irons: Hogan Radial-Apex shaftWedge: Hogan "Tom Kite" 56* Radial "E" wedgePutter: Affinity vr7 "V-Rod" pro-v1x ball2 markers, Disney divot tool,...

I just tried the link for golfwits and it didn't come up. They might be out of business.
here is the link if you want to try www.golfwits.com
it is golf wits with one t not two. goflwitts with two t's is a different site than the one I bought the books from.
T-Bone Marshall
Home Course: www.waldenponds.com (74.1/134) 7001 yds
in my bag
Driver: Big Ben cs3 10.5 Stiff/Draw set up
Fairway: Hogan Edge 3,5 metal:Irons: Hogan Radial-Apex shaftWedge: Hogan "Tom Kite" 56* Radial "E" wedgePutter: Affinity vr7 "V-Rod" pro-v1x ball2 markers, Disney divot tool,...

• Administrator
The Moleskine pocket reporter style notebooks fit in your back pocket. I would recommend either the one with plain paper or the one with graph paper squares. The latter might actually be better for sketching holes.

I bought one today for the sole purpose of taking notes while at The Memorial this week (and the secondary purpose of considering this idea), but they're awfully thick. It'd look like I had a brick in my back pocket. I don't think it'd work unless I took out many of the pages.

Here are two that you can use:

Which of those, specifically? I don't want to use stickers to make my course, and the rest of their products seem like covers

Thanks. I have a few of those coming. I have concerns about the quality and how well it will hold up, though. Perhaps I can get one of the covers from the TPK people?

why not try making your own, using a note pad and import thr pictures of the course into your notepad, thats what i do when i got an play practise rounds, and make your own notes

I may have to do just that in the end.

I just tried the link for golfwits and it didn't come up. They might be out of business.

They may be. I think they came up in a Google search earlier but, like you, I found their site DOA.

The search continues!!!

Which of those, specifically? I don't want to use stickers to make my course, and the rest of their products seem like covers

You don't HAVE to use the stickers...

The yardage books at the sites I linked (TPK, Yardage-Marker) will both work. Regardless of which yardage book you use, you'll probably want to use a cover for it just to keep it intact. I use them for practice rounds/tournaments that I play in and those are two of the better books I've come across. If you find any other good choices, let me know!

The golfwits link was working today...you just need to sign up and pay for the service. I liked the yardage marker book, this is somehting nice, but I play different courses all the time, execpt for my league (first year) and since it takes 3-4 hours to play nine holes, i may have time to make out a yardage book.

In making your book, I assume you are going to use a range finder?

Keep us updated on your progress and post some pics if you get a chance so we can see how it turns out.

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

The golfwits link was working today...you just need to sign up and pay for the service. I liked the yardage marker book, this is somehting nice, but I play different courses all the time, execpt for my league (first year) and since it takes 3-4 hours to play nine holes, i may have time to make out a yardage book.

How many golfers are in your league? 3-4 hours is ridiculous for 9 holes no matter how many players there are.

R7 9.5 S Shaft
560 R7 quad R shaft
RAC LT irons
Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum

How many golfers are in your league? 3-4 hours is ridiculous for 9 holes no matter how many players there are.

I agree the time is somewhat absurd, but our league is not the problem. It is really the

leagues in front of us. Due to some scheduling snafus we were only able to get the 6:30 Tuesday slot at one of the local munis. Therefore, the course is already log-jammed by the time we tee off. Plus the group in front of us tend to migrate to each ball instead of walking to their own. In there defense though, they would have nowhere to go if they did play faster as they seem to be waiting for the group ahead as well. I just chalk it up to league play at a local muni being slow, really slow. But it is better than working or doing yard work, and gives me something to look forward to on Tuesdays. I see your in Michigan, whereabouts, where do you usually play?

In my Grom:
Driver: :nike: Sasquatch 9.5° Graffalloy Shaft-Stiff Flex
FW: :nike: 3 (15°) & 5 (19°) Sasquatch Diamana Shaft-Stiff Flex
Hybrid: :touredge: Tour Edge Exotics Ironwood 21° Adila Shaft-Stiff Flex
Irons: :nike: 4-AW OSS Steel Shaft-Stiff Flex
Wedges: :vokey: Vokey Spin Milled 54 and 60
Putter:  :edel: Basic Series 

golfwits worked for me...I'll download my home course and see what I can put together. That yardage-marker.com site seemed to have a good product as well.

Driver: 9.5 905R 757 Speeder X stiff
3 Wood: 13.0 Sonartec GS Tour Red Ice 70X
Hybrid: 17.0 Sonartec MD Stiff UST IROD
Irons: 690cb 4-PW w/Rifle 6.0
Wedges: Cleveland 900 Series Gunmetal 50, 54, 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Newport 370g head

Note: This thread is 6161 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!