IGNORED

My Swing (Meddle)

Meddle
Note: This thread is 4374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 4 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 12 handicap

My typical ball flight is: fade

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: Slice

Hey everyone,

I've been a member here for a while and want to finally do a swing thread. In addition to battling the occasional slice, I struggle with consistent contact. I have gone to my local pro and he has given me some tips which contradict things I have read, both on this site and in books, so I don't know whether to trust him or not. Honestly, I trust you guys more. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

Videos:

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If it was me I would first work on the left forearm rotation.  You rotate it way to much causes you to take the club to deep and flat.  Also work on shorting up the backswing and getting the left shoulder to work more down instead of so around.  You over extend and your shoulder turn is to flat.  All those things will help you get the club into a better position at the top.  I think those would be a good starting point.

• Upvote 1

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

I really appreciate your well thought out reply. It seems like a bunch of my problems are causing me to take the club back too far inside (left forearm rotation, flat shoulder turn, left shoulder around) so I will focus on a more upright swing using a 90* shoulder turn.

Also, just as you have pointed out I do have an overly long back swing. I have tried shortening it up in the past but it has led to even more inconsistencies for whatever reason. Now that someone else has pointed it out as a problem, I will renew my efforts to shorten it. Thanks again.

Note: This thread is 4374 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!