IGNORED

Titleist 905-T coming ! - Questions ??????

Note: This thread is 6942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Well i had a try with a couple during the week and didnt really get on with any of the stock shafts available,so put in an order with my local Titleist rep for one with a Graphite Design Purple Ice which i currently have and have been using for quite a while,and clearly like.

Looking on the Golfworks and Golfsmith website the shafts no-longer appear to be being made/available.Any one know any different to this ???????

I can see this being a non-starter and the club never appearing ........

I only know one person with the 905 so far and like me he currently has/had a 983k.So far he's struggling with the 905.Any other reports so far..... ?????

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

Well i had a try with a couple during the week and didnt really get on with any of the stock shafts available,so put in an order with my local Titleist rep for one with a Graphite Design Purple Ice which i currently have and have been using for quite a while,and clearly like.

You should just order the stock club, pull the Graphite Design shaft out of your 983, and load that bad boy in the 905.

1st - Titleist drivers aren't the most forgiving so unless your single digits don't bother.

2nd - DO NOT REPLACE THE SHAFT

Read Titleist's info on warranty/reshafting specifically the 905's - http://www.titleist.com/mediacenter/...ail.asp?id=144

The following outlines our policy and procedures regarding 905 driver reshafting. A warning label will be placed on all 905 drivers as follows:

The label reads...

CRITICAL WARRANTY INFORMATION Titleist Pro Titanium 905
1. Titleist 905 drivers feature an innovative, CNC milled aluminum hosel tube for optimum weight distribution.
2. The use of conventional reshaft methods will damage or compromise the structural integrity of the hosel tube.
3. In order to maintain the Titleist factory warranty, all reshaft or repair work must be done by the Titleist repair department.
4. Please call Titleist at 1-800-742-7609 or visit titleist.com/reshaft for more information.

Titleist Repair/Reshaft Policy
Consistent with our long standing policy, the only way to maintain the factory warranty on a Titleist golf club is to have any repair or reshaft work done by Titleist. Any work done on any club outside of Titleist will void the factory warranty.

905 Reshaft and Return Procedures (through the Titleist Repair Dept)
There are three ways to return 905 drivers to Titleist for reshaft work. All returns must have an RA# or they will not be accepted.

1. Return the product through an authorized Titleist golf professional or golf retailer.
2. Call Titleist directly at 1-800-742-7609.
3. Email Titleist directly at DriverReshaft@acushnetgolf.com

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Well Paco,

1st Titleist is a players club, but whether it fits a person doesnt depend on the persons handicap as muchas his/her swing.

2nd If he wants to reshaft it why cant he. He can send it into Titleist and they will move the shaft over, or can put whatever shaft he wants in it for him. The turn around time is a week on reshafting the new driver.

We have sold several and have had nothing but great feedack. All our customers that have hit it really are pleased. I have hit all of the drivers and like the 905 the best. It is solid! I am also a fan of the Launcher Comp and the G2 but the best in my humble opinion is the 905. But as you can see I am a Titleist guy.

Titleist 905R 8.5 w/ UST V2 75 S
Taylor Made R7 TP TS 13 w/ Vista Pro 80 XS
Titleist 695cb 2i w/ Rifle Project X 6.5
Titleist 695.mb 3-PW w/ Rifle Project X 6.5
Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome 54.14 w/ Project X 6.5Titleist Vokey Tour Chrome 60.08 w/ Project X 6.5Titleist Cameron Studio Style...

My buddy is a Titleist freak. I joke with him and tell him if Titleist made toilet paper, hed buy it.

He just got the 905T and is not as accurate with it yet. He is a 2. I think possibly the shaft isn't right for him. He can hook it once and then slice it. He used to just have a strong fade with his 983.

Sorry I should have been clearer when I wrote my reply.
Although even though I like the 905 I still feel there are better drivers out there for the mass of people.
About the shaft remarks, what I meant was for him personally not to re-shaft it or that his clubmaker might not know about the 905's new hosel design and to have Titleist do it.
Heck when I get a new club, having "my" shaft and "my" grip installed is the first thing I do :)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Many thanks for the reply Paco and the information.For you info i already have and LOVE the Titleist 983K i am using,am currently playing of scratch and the shaft is being fitted at the factory,so no problems there.

Crossed my mind dipgolf BUT,i know i can hit the 983k so im going to keep it as a spare while i get used to the 905 / incase i dont really like the 905.Dont see much point destroying ones that does actually work !!!

TexasTitleistGuy - Thanks for the info and opinions,i hope your right

10.5 deg Titleist 905T.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
TaylorMade 200 3wood.S-flex Graph-design purple ice.
19 deg Taylormade rescue-mid with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Callaway 3-PW X-16 Pro series with 6.0 Rifle flighted.
Cleveland 56+60RTG/Custom 34" Yes! Sophia/Pro-V1syershulver1@msn.co.uk

Note: This thread is 6942 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!