IGNORED

My Swing (Conor Kenneally)

Conor Kenneally
Note: This thread is 3854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: I've being playing a few months, Beginner.

My current handicap index or average score is: Looking to improve. average score is breaking 100 now

My typical ball flight is: My ball flight is high for short irons mid, irons.

long iron are not high. nice lower flight 3,4 iron. but can hook a few.

i use to slice driver alot but i have that under control now.

and their doing a bit better.

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: But i can pull a few now, so will be looking to reduce that. and the long iron hook.

Hi

This is my swing.

Thanks for looking.

any views very welcome.

made 3 pars and 5 bogeys with the swing today, wow if i could do that for every hole, i'd be very happy.

had birdie chances on a few holes, long putts.

only ever got one par per round before, so making some progess.

hit alot of nice iron shots, hitting greens.

but my putting was shocking.

messed up some holes so my score was pretty high 112

feel i can do alot better, was raining down on us.

no better feeling than hitting a great shot.

• 1 month later...

more progess!!

I Played a lovely course last night.
Made 5 pars there and shot 95.
Think maybe was the best i played, still tho left alot of shots out there, driver was a bit up and down.
Made some putts for once but missed some i should not miss too.
Was in the water off the tee, was out of bounds off the tee but was driving some 250 down the middle ish too, hooked a few too but they were ok.
Had bunker trouble on one hole but the iron play was pretty solid.
The little hybrid i have was working well.

must do better!!! Not my best driving day.

• 9 months later...

Seems a bit better than a year ago. Am hitting irons pretty solid and long. Always a draw shot.

My 5 iron was rolling past 200 yards the last day on the range down the middle. was a good day, i never hit it so well. Finding the target area alot better now i feel.

Am well happy with it, plenty work ahead!!

i just feel its a shame, i did not take up this great game sooner.

but am really enjoying it!

i'm using a old set of ping i3 blades stiff black dot in good condition and i really like them.

I picked up a set of mx-25 with 6.0 rifle shafts and pw 9 8 were like lazers but with alot! less distance to pings tho, but from 7 down they were going right, unlike my ping i3 7 iron. i could not control them no way, they felt lovely, like butter but no distance and i was like when the hell are you going, i could not trust them.

so i sold the mx25 as quick as i got them maybe wrong shaft for me too stiff...

i think i got lucky with this ping set, suits me very well, i did not like mx25 6.0 thats for sure.

Made a hole in one today!!! Was on a pitch and putt course, ball teed up, about 110 yards into a small green.

56 degree wedge, made my day :)

That's my third hole in one, but that was the longest, nice high shot. is only a pitch and putt course tho

if i could just do that on the golf course now from the dirt.

happy days

its amazing what kinda crazy stuff can happen, with a club and a ball

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been Playing Golf for: 2 years

My current handicap index or average score is: 92 low 90's trying to break into the 80's

My typical ball flight is: pretty straight now for irons, used to fade them but now more likely to draw alittle or dead straight. Driver is straight usually will draw little or fade at times

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: shank is my most hated shot, don't happen to often tho, thankfully, miss right, would be were i'm missing, thankfully again not to often

Lots to work on.

Thanks for viewing and the help

Videos:

A tip that helped me alot that i also see you do with your driver is to keep you left leg and hip where they are. You seem to lean back quite alot woth your hips and then move them forward again.

You dont do it with your iron shot though. To be honest, i think your iron looks alot better somehow. Anyway, i dont think im really entitled to give you advice but there it is. Best of luck.

Note: This thread is 3854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!