IGNORED

I'm getting a new driver, which one?

Note: This thread is 6184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

So I know that the driver I should get is the one I hit the best and feel most confident with, but I just wanted to get your guys' opinions.

I currently have a Titleist 983K, but I want to get a 460cc club. I have narrowed it down to 3: Nike Sasquatch Sumo, Callaway X460, or the Taylormade R7 460. I have hit all 3, and I think I am leaning towards the TM. I'm not sure though, what are your guys' opinions.

PS. My swing speed is between 90-95 mph.

In The Bag...

Driver: SQ Sumo 10.5* w/ Aldila VS Proto
3 Wood: Burner
Hybrid: SQ 18*Irons(3-PW): 755 w/ Dynamic Gold S30052.08*: Vokey Oil Can56.14*: Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Newport 2Ball: pro v1xShoes: Footjoy Athletics

Too bad Ping isn't on your list.

But given your 3 choices my vote is for the Callaway X460.

G5 10.5 NV65

G5 3 WOOD 15 Degree

X-14 Irons 52*, 56*, 60* 2 dot wedges White Hot #4 Callie

Well, you're talking about Taylor Made, Callaway and Nike. Three of the biggest names in golf. So sorry dude but it really boils down to which you hit the best, and feel the most confident with. If I were choosing I'd go with Callaway. But then again, I wouldn't get the X460... I'd try and find a FT-3 on closeout.

Driver: 09 Launcher 10.5
4 Wood: 09 Launcher Steel 17
Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20 Aldila Reg
Irons: AP1 4-GW Steel
Wedges: 588 Gunmetal 56 & 60Putter: Studio Style Newport 2Ball: NXT Tour

Try the Cleveland Ti460 @ you local Dick's Sporting Goods Store it should be on clearance for $150 i think an exotic shaft comes standard. very good solid club and you cant beat that price for a brand name club

Driver: 10.5* SuperQuad TP 1st Edition All Black V2 Stiff
5 Wood - 585.h 19* DG S300
Irons: 3-PW S59 Stiff
Wedges: Rac TP 52*, 60* MP-T 56*
Putter(s): Anser 3 TP Black ballGET TO SINGLE DIGITS!Goal: Beat a certain admin that lives in my town

I can't tell you which one you like the best, ya gotta take am out and see for yourself.

MX500 9.5* S
Burrows Golf MAC Powersphere 3W
IDEA PRO Irons
Perfect Club 21*
IDEA PRO 3HSakamoto 54* X-tour 60* Newport 2 Pro Platinum Custom

Too bad Ping isn't on your list.

I was thinking about the ping, and I have their irons and love them, but I've heard bad things about their new drivers.

I agree with you guys, I just have to go out and use each one more to see which is the best for me

In The Bag...

Hybrid: SQ 18*Irons(3-PW): 755 w/ Dynamic Gold S30052.08*: Vokey Oil Can56.14*: Vokey Spin MilledPutter: Newport 2Ball: pro v1xShoes: Footjoy Athletics

Try the Cleveland Ti460 @ you local Dick's Sporting Goods Store it should be on clearance for $150 i think an exotic shaft comes standard. very good solid club and you cant beat that price for a brand name club

That is what I play and it is a very solid driver. Out of the ones that you listed, though, I would choose the Taylormade R7 460. Lots and lots of bang for the buck.

In my bag:
Driver: Launcher COMP 9.5* (Aldila NV 65S 350)
Fairway wood: Warbird 4-wood
Irons: X-18 Pro Series (3-PW)
Wedges: Vokey 252.08 and SM58.12Ball: Pro V1

So I know that the driver I should get is the one I hit the best and feel most confident with, but I just wanted to get your guys' opinions.

Best thing you can do is demo the clubs, especially on a launch monitor (or even a driving range) and see what works best for you. Or, do what you feel the most confident with.

Personally, the Nike sounds terrible and doesn't fly very far. I'm skeptical of Callaways because the way the shaft is drilled through the clubhead, making it much weaker (broken several Callaway drivers from poor shots in the past). The Taylormade is good, but don't get a draw bias, in my opinion, because it turned my nautral draw into a duck-hook.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

I was thinking about the ping, and I have their irons and love them, but I've heard bad things about their new drivers.

Well your sources reporting bad things about Ping Drivers need to go have their head's examined. I personally love both the Rapture and the G5.

I do absolutely agree with testing a handful of drivers you like the best then making your decision. IMO, your choice of three drivers aren't really on my personal radar, but good luck finding one nonetheless.

G5 10.5 NV65

G5 3 WOOD 15 Degree

X-14 Irons 52*, 56*, 60* 2 dot wedges White Hot #4 Callie

The Taylormade is good, but don't get a draw bias, in my opinion, because it turned my nautral draw into a duck-hook.

I know that there is a specific r7 draw, and then an r7 460. Your saying you used the r7 draw right? Because if so, I'm thinking of getting the r7 460.

In The Bag...

I'm thinking of getting a new driver too and it's a total nightmare. Too many choices, and I can't figure out if the subtle differences in how I hit each driver is due to the quality of the driver or simply psychology and differences in how I swing. Oy.

I know that there is a specific r7 draw, and then an r7 460. Your saying you used the r7 draw right? Because if so, I'm thinking of getting the r7 460.

Yes there is a R7 Draw and just the R7 460. I got the R7 460, because I already had a natural right-left tendency. The 460 came already weighted for a right-to-left ballflight, so I changed it to a neutral. It definitely works. Now most of my drives are right down the middle, and sometimes even a slight fade. The only time they go left is when I do something to mess up my grip or set up.

Took me a round or two to get used to it, now I love it!

My thoughts on this are that when you are talking about the big boys (Callaway, Titleist, TM etc.) there probably isn't that much difference - as you said you can go hit them all and see if one jumps out. Other than that, I always take comfort in knowing that if 1 was truly "better" than another then all the pros would play with it. Personal preference with sound, looks, feel etc. for the majority of folks is what matters as long as you get it fitted to your swing.

And don't have buyers remorse!

In My Bag:
Driver: Fusion FT-3 Tour 9.5°, Aldila NV 65 Stiff
3-Wood: PT 906F2, 15°, Aldila NV 75 Stiff
5-Wood: Big Bertha 19°, RCH Firm
Irons: 755, DG S300Wedges: Vokey Design 200 Series 50.08, Spin Milled 54.14, 58.08Putter: Red X2 or Tour Blue TT2Ball: TP Black or Pro V1xHome Courses:...

So I went out and hit all 3 of them at the range. Wasnt a huge fan of the callaway, but man, the nike SQ sumo and TM r7 460 are sooo close. Im hoping to think about it some more, and pull the trigger soon. I am up in the air on this one, both felt sooo nice

In The Bag...

X460 is a little too loud for my taste, TM will probably have bad resale value so I'd probably end up going with the Nike if I were you.... Then again, you could try flipping a coin if it really is that close

Tough decission....
I just went through it myself.
I wanted the Ping G5 with the Prolaunch S65 shaft.... until I hit it :)
I hit all the clubs you have listed except the X460.(not a Callaway driver fan)
I ended up with the Cleveland Hibore XL 10.5 with the tour shaft. A little different sound, but long and straight for me. (97mph with a 14 degree L.A.)
I carry it around 250 or so.
In the bag.....
Burner Superfast
G10 3wd UST V2
hybrid
MP-32 CG10/11 52*,56*,58*,60* wedges Squareback Pro V1Bushnell 1500 Pinseeker T.E. laser range finderBushnell Neo GPS

Actually, try one of the new Cobras. It was frustrating for me at first, because I had a different driver, and then guys with Cobras - and much slower swings - would crush the ball, and blow it 40 yards past mine. Then, I got my own, it added 50 yards to my drives.
"Shouldn't you be going faster? I mean, you're doing 40 in a 65..."

Driver: Burner TP 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 15*
2I: Eye 23I-PW: 3100 I/HWedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 56*06, MP-R 52*07/60*05Putter: Victoria IIBall: Pro V1xCheck out my new blog: Thousand Yard DriveHome Course: Kenton County...

Note: This thread is 6184 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!