IGNORED

My Swing (nevrino)

nevrino
Note: This thread is 4253 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by nevrino

my new swing thought : "I promise to tell the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth". Actually my swing has never looked so beautiful infront of a mirror,  with that swingthought in mind. Now I just gotta film it to see if it's really where I want it be.

LOL... Lynn Blake is hilarious.  There is a another video where he talks about the left wrist hinge and starts 'hammering' the club into the ground.  So funny!

I'd pay to see him just talk (and not even swing a club)! LOL

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

New video of me, didn't wanna upload it here at first because I do so many mistakes but figured this thread is like a diary and bad swings is part of the progression too. I posted this to evolvr aswell so they will problably bring out the chainsaw.

Faults I see:

Dropping head in backswing

Going off plane at a4

Not full hip turn in backswing

Rotating body to fast leaving the arms behind, hips and shoulders, leads to goat  humping( I think it's called)

Good things:

My followthrough is better now then before.

The backswing is in my eyes better until I come to A3.8 or something like that.

Priority 1.

This godforsaken backswing, apparently I don't understand the fundamentals yet. Evolvr basicly told me to hinge more and roll wrist less to change this, I think I know what to do, just gotta do it.

Priority 2: Is to extend my right leg more, which is quite obvious.

So gonna work on this only for a while and we will see what happens, will problably take a real lesson if the backswing confuses me much more.

• 2 weeks later...

Better now. I rarely make bad contact anymore, problably 90-95 % of my hits at range today was in the sweetspot.

My usual miss is fade now, which happens quite a lot.

I think my hands starting to be at right positions now, which is good. Still got wrist problems between A1-A4 that I need to figure out. When I look at the pictures it seems so easy to change it, but it's hard in reality. Well just gotta keep on working, hopefully I'll understand it soon.

edit: and ye I almost forgot. I've changed to the interlock grip now, the reason I did this was because I wanted to give it a try so I shot 500 balls with it and it felt so good I didn't wanna switch back.

• Upvote 1

I wish my swing looked that good when I was a 12 handicap.

• Upvote 2

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Originally Posted by nevrino

Better now. I rarely make bad contact anymore, problably 90-95 % of my hits at range today was in the sweetspot.

My usual miss is fade now, which happens quite a lot.

I think my hands starting to be at right positions now, which is good. Still got wrist problems between A1-A4 that I need to figure out. When I look at the pictures it seems so easy to change it, but it's hard in reality. Well just gotta keep on working, hopefully I'll understand it soon.

edit: and ye I almost forgot. I've changed to the interlock grip now, the reason I did this was because I wanted to give it a try so I shot 500 balls with it and it felt so good I didn't wanna switch back.

A3 - just get the shaft more vertical with the left wrist hinge.  You should be able to do this in the mirror without hitting balls.  Or you can hit balls and just film the swing and keep checking the angles.  Looks good dude.  Nice work!

• Upvote 1

Originally Posted by bunkerputt

I wish my swing looked that good when I was a 12 handicap.

Thanks for the encouragement I need this in times when the handicap isn't going down =).

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

A3 - just get the shaft more vertical with the left wrist hinge.  You should be able to do this in the mirror without hitting balls.  Or you can hit balls and just film the swing and keep checking the angles.  Looks good dude.  Nice work!

The left wrist hinge might be a problem yes. But I think the main problem is the roll of the wrists. Check this pic.

My knuckles or the back of the hand in the left hand is pointing more to the sky while luke's back of the left hand is more visible from backview and points more to the right.

It should be and easy fix next time at the range hopefully :).

Have you seen this video that Mario did on backswing sequencing?  Pretty interesting... And I like how he simplifies it for the every day golfer to understand.  Hope this helps...

first video impact looks good, hips rotated nice but then you back it up

you are almost casting down from the top, so instead of creating the lag with a strong inside move

you seem to be leading with arms from top instead of hips to created the lag hinge

my 2 cents, usually I start at impact right after I look at take away then top

so I don't see any major flaws there, no big sway or easy to see stuff

it just looks like you are too armsy from the top

which is weird though, cause your hips are almost to target at impact,

if the hips were slow like most amateurs, you would be push slicing with a cast

you got fast hips so it becomes a pull

anyway, looks pretty close

but a conscious delay of hands with a pull to the inside maintaining hinge gets the propery lag and late inside hit

instead of an over the top strong pull

I didn't see the other videos, I just watched the initial video

so that was the 'main flaw' from what I saw

good luck

Note: This thread is 4253 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!