IGNORED

My Swing (tiger187126)

tiger187126
Note: This thread is 4287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've been Playing Golf for: 1 year

My current handicap index or average score is: 30ish

My typical ball flight is: Left to Right with Irons

The shot I hate or the "miss" I'm trying to reduce/eliminate is: I hit my Irons extremely thin and often time lose them right. I also have a lot of pain in the outside of my left wrist, even though i don't hit many, if any, fat shots.

Videos:

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

I would say the left wrist hurts because the arms over flex on the back swing and especially on the downswing.  Better weight/pressure location will help.

tiger187126 swing pic 1.jpg

tiger187126 swing pic 2.jpg

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks I'll give that a shot and hopefully get better video next time. I had a frustrating round and just asked my wife to shoot some quick video on her phone. I didn't realize i wouldn't be able to slow it down. If i exaggerated my hip turn on my back and down swing would that help bump it out in the second picture?

JPX 800 (5-AW)

Tracy

so i took another video and watched it and i'm definitely still making a severe dip backwards with my left knee, even though i'm striking the ball better with keeping my hands from over flexing at the top.

i also did some two ball drill where you line up two balls with a couple inches between them and hit both. it helped me keep my left wrist straight and extend through the ball.

how can i stop turning my knee though? should i put more weight on it at address?

things were looking good at the range for the most part and i was hitting little draws with good launch, but when i took the video at home it looks exactly like what i was doing before.

*edit:

after watching it again it looks like the same hands too. basically i'm just coming over the top and saving with my hands on good shots right?

i might have to get a mirror and try to see what's going on.

JPX 800 (5-AW)

Tracy

P.S.

Anyone feel free to chime in. I doubt i'm a better handicap/player than almost anyone on here, so if you can think of something that helped you get to where you're at feel free to share.

JPX 800 (5-AW)

Tracy

Originally Posted by tiger187126

so i took another video and watched it and i'm definitely still making a severe dip backwards with my left knee, even though i'm striking the ball better with keeping my hands from over flexing at the top.

i also did some two ball drill where you line up two balls with a couple inches between them and hit both. it helped me keep my left wrist straight and extend through the ball.

how can i stop turning my knee though? should i put more weight on it at address?

Good to hear that you're hitting it better.  Yes, even though it may not be "perfect" any change for the better will help.  To answer you question check this out.

tiger187126 swing pic 3.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger187126 View Post

*edit:

after watching it again it looks like the same hands too. basically i'm just coming over the top and saving with my hands on good shots right?

i might have to get a mirror and try to see what's going on.

I think you're moving in the right direction but yes some of your good shots are just you making a compensation to save the shot.  That's actually very astute of you to realize that.

Also I wanted to let you know who this guy is in the orange shirt.  His name is Brian Smock and he plays on the Nationwide (now called the Web.com tour) and I think he led the greens in regulation stat on that tour a few years ago.  The point is he hits it great and has a similar body type to you, I find that helps.  I like a lot of the stuff he does in his swing, very efficient motion. HERE is a bunch of video of his swing.

Mike McLoughlin

alright with only my wife and some brian smock videos i'm trying resurrect a swing from the ashes. i'm having a lot of trouble telling what's going on though, contact sounds good and i am starting to hit more towards the center of the net and having them spin back out. right now the range is too frustrating because i'll fall back into my old moves because i'll hit some good balls with it, it's just not consistent enough for me not to abandon it and start over.

also there is the issue of the carpet and hitting mat shifting every time i swing and the carpet especially while i'm swinging. i think i'm going to have get a real mat if i'm going to practice as much as home as i have been. wearing a hole through hitting mat too.

JPX 800 (5-AW)

Tracy

Wow, really good work and some nice changes!  Keep it up.  I would only suggest that you watch that left arm at address.  Make sure it doesn't get too bent, want to have it be straighter.  Not "stiff", just hang straighter with the left elbow pointing almost at your left hip.

Mike McLoughlin

Hopefully i'm still improving. i think i got caught up a little bit on all the mechanical things and forgot just to swing. i know i had a terrible day at the course last week because i got too cerebral and then tried to just give up everything and hit it anyway i could. i've been working on it a little this week and i am loving the new golf mat. the old one wore out. i think i'm going to look into getting those 5 key dvds. i'm doing a lot of work at home so it would probably be good to get some drills and things. also i need to find an affordable camera that does slow motion. these iphone shots aren't good and i have a hard time telling what's what when i'm comparing videos.

JPX 800 (5-AW)

Tracy

i wanted to try out my new high speed camera, it's pretty cool. best buy has these things on sale for $120, it's a canon powershot elph 300 hs. here's 120fps

JPX 800 (5-AW)

Tracy

after 1st evolvr lesson for anyone interested in the program. feel free to follow my journey to hopefully double digit golf scores!

JPX 800 (5-AW)

Tracy

That looked pretty solid, keep up the good work!

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 4287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!