IGNORED

Awesome experience coming for me next month..

ApocG10
Note: This thread is 4290 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Another good round this AM. And while I didn't score as well as yesterday, I feel I putted better and played just as well. A lost ball off the tee on #5 and 17 hurt my score as well, but aside from that, I feel I played better than yesterday.

I had a long eagle putt on #1 (par 5) that I missed after a driver-5 wood to the green. Im not sure the length of my eagle putt, but it was at least 30 feet. I ended up about 4 feet past the hole for a fairly easy birdie, which I made.  #2, an easy 304 yard Par 4, I hit a 3 hybid to 91 yards in (I carry a range finder), and hit a perfect 52* to 6 feet, and sunk a straight birdie Putt to be 2 under through 2. Par on #3 with 2 Putts, and an up and down for par on the par3 4th (overshot the green).

Par 5 #5, I drove my tee ball into a duck pond that protects the outside of the dogleg. Laying 3 off the tee, I put a badly struck drive down the middle but short, leaving me no choice but to lay up, and go for the green in 3 (+2), and 2 putted for a 7, bringing me back to even through 5.

Par on the par 4 6th, missing a slippery (very, very hard and fast greens today) downhill 6 foot birdie, then tapping in for par.  Birdied the 110 yard par 3 7th with a tap in that was deadly close to a hole in one. Par on the very long Par 4 8th, and a birdie on 9 to go back to 2 under.

At this point, I was 11 strokes up on my playing partner, who insisted that we play for 5$ a stroke (I told him that 1$ would be safer, he asked if I was chicken, he and I had never met and I think he figured he would take some money off me), so I asked him if he still wanted to continue at 5$/stroke, or at least switch to skins. I think his pride stopped him from saying yes, and we continued.

I hit a long streak of par's, from 10 to 16. A lost ball on the par 3 17th brought me back to even for the round. Par on 18 for an even par on the round. I shot 71 to his 92, and he graciously paid me the 105$ I won, and informed me we wouldn't be betting again in the future. I thanked him for the round, and even offered him his money back, but he refused, saying it was all fair and square. I bought him a beer, we downed them and parted ways. I took my cash to the pro shop, and bought 3 boxes of last years penta TP's (honestly, I prefer them to this years TP5, as they perform the same and are far more durable) for 100$ tax in.

I then took my dads cart out for 9 more holes, which I finished at 3 under. Im always strong on the front 9 at my home course. Then it was off to the range with my swing coach for one of my two weekly hour long lessons.

Tomorrow i'll be playing 18 with the wife and my little bro and her little sis (BBBS program) at a different course, as I want the kids to experience different courses and challenges. Miramichi Golf and Country Club is an amazing course, challenging and perfectly groomed. Ill update again then.

I must say, im extremely happy to see my hard work pay off. This is my 4th season of golf, and third as a member playing regularly. I practice and play every day, both at the course and at home. Hundreds of balls, every single day, 2 lessons a week, and as much golf as I can play. Some days were long, stressfull, and anger inducing. But in the last 6 months especially, my swing, my game and course management, have just really clicked. I can even remember the day and time that I finally actually 'felt' mt swing, and finally understood the movements and intricacies involved. It was like a religious revelation, my swing just clicked, and from there I've continued to get better and better. I am a natural high level athlete in other sports that i';ve played my whole life, so this spoirt was so frustrating at first. But it has really come together, and while im no Tiger Woods, I feel that i've finally reached that 'elite' level of play where I feel I can play with even the best, and not be embarrassed about my play. Its a wonderful sport. I only wish I had started playing at 4 or 5. I might have a very different carreer right now.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Unfortunately, there wont be any Mid-Am for me this year. Found out on Monday that my fathers cancer has returned, and he will be going through aggressive treatment for the next two months. It came down to making some tough decisions, including cancelling a three week trip to Europe (where I was going to play 3 of the British Open courses) for our anniversary, as well as giving up my spot in the Mid Amateur to the next alternate.

Sorry for dissapointing my fellow TST'ers, but family will always be ahead of golf. It crushed me to have to make the decision, but my father is also my best friend, and I wouldn't feel right being away while he is going through so much.

I want to thank you guys for the support and encouragement given in this thread, and next year, I will make it my goal to not only compete in my provinces Mid AM, but also to compete in my countries, if I can make it that far (which I will work relentlessly towards).

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

I'm sorry to hear that. You made the right, albeit hardest, decision.

Nike VR-S Covert Driver Project X 6.0 Tour 52

Nike VR-S Fairway Wood 3W Fubuki K Graphite Regular Flex

Nike VR-S Iron Set 3-PW, AW, & SW True Temper Dynalite 90 R-Flex

Nike V-REV 60°/10 Wedge

Odyssey White Ice #1

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Unfortunately, there wont be any Mid-Am for me this year. Found out on Monday that my fathers cancer has returned, and he will be going through aggressive treatment for the next two months. It came down to making some tough decisions, including cancelling a three week trip to Europe (where I was going to play 3 of the British Open courses) for our anniversary, as well as giving up my spot in the Mid Amateur to the next alternate.

Sorry for dissapointing my fellow TST'ers, but family will always be ahead of golf. It crushed me to have to make the decision, but my father is also my best friend, and I wouldn't feel right being away while he is going through so much.

I want to thank you guys for the support and encouragement given in this thread, and next year, I will make it my goal to not only compete in my provinces Mid AM, but also to compete in my countries, if I can make it that far (which I will work relentlessly towards).

Really sorry to hear that.  I wish you both the best.

Dan

:tmade: R11s 10.5*, Adila RIP Phenom 60g Stiff
:ping: G20 3W
:callaway: Diablo 3H
:ping:
i20 4-U, KBS Tour Stiff
:vokey: Vokey SM4 54.14 
:vokey: Vokey :) 58.11

:scotty_cameron: Newport 2
:sunmountain: Four 5

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sorry to hear Apoc. Really enjoyed reading up on your progress and preparations.

All the best to your father, hoping for a speedy recovery!!

Birdies 4 Elephants - raising money and awareness for elephants while out playing golf :)

Sorry to read this Apoc.  But I'd do the same thing in a flash.  Spend as much time with your pops as you can as golf will be there for you when you have the time/energy to pick it back up.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Thanks for the support guys, I appreciate it. Im still playing golf daily, I played with my dad today. So far he is still feeling good. The last round of Chemo didn't bother him very much, hopefully he is as lucky this time. He promised me that he'd be my Caddie next year when I go to the Mid-Am. He was upset I cancelled, he wanted me to compete. But I dont want to be gone over a week when he is going through this. My dad and I are very close.

I haven't slowed down my practice regiment at all. Still playing every day, and hitting the range every night. My partner and I sealed up the clubs league chapionship with an undefeated run for the whole summer. We won free memberships for next year, as well as some league sponsorship bonuses, like 200$ giftcard at Golftown, the pro shop gave us each 2 boxes of Nike 20XI's, as well as Titleist Australian style hat. A certificate to get our next club at cost (Scotty Cameron Belly Putter, here I come) when we buy at the pro shop (Iron sets included, had to force myself not to buy a set of Titleists, but what the **** would I do with a fourth set of irons?

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Thanks guys./ Still playing a lot, and practicing everyday. Myt dad is in good spirits, the tumors are very small on the wall of his bladder.

Sealed up our club pairs league championship this week, without a loss all summer. Won a free membership for next year, 200$ Gift Certificate to golftown, 2 boxes of 20XI's, and a titleist australian style hat each.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Playing tomorrow in a charity for the Canadian Cancer Soceity in Quebec. 200$ each, for 18 holes, a cart, and a dinner after the tournament. Teams of 4, so its me, my bro, my wife, and my friend Ed.

I dont know, or care, if there are prizes, but it should be fun, and it will give a chance to try out the Long Putter I bought at Golftown with a Giftcard I received. I was out of clubs to buy, so I figured I would pick one up before they are made illegal. Not that I plan to ever use it seriously, but I have wanted one for a while, just to learn to use it and see if it gives any real advantage.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Golf is a great game but family first.  Sorry to hear about your father.

Driver:  Callaway Diablo Octane iMix 11.5*
Fairway: Cobra Baffler Rail F 3W & 7W
Irons:  Wilson Ci
Wedges:  Acer XB (52* & 56*)
Putter:  Cleveland Classic #10 with Winn Jumbo Pistol Grip

Note: This thread is 4290 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!