IGNORED

Encounter on golf course

WhackAndHack
Note: This thread is 4286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by DocWu1948

So you're golfing and moving along. Suddenly there is a backup. You pull up well behind the teebox and wait respectfully in quiet, You see a guy in front of you hit from two tee boxes?  What else are you going to think?

When I was a newbie, I was hitting extra balls on a par 3 trying to get onto the green, and caught bigtime grief from the guys waiting behind us. Lesson learned about golf etiquette,

That is totally different. It was a par 3 and the group behind you was at the tee box, so by hitting extra balls, you were effectively holding up the group behind you. Nobody is saying its ok to hold up other groups. We are saying its fine to play multiple balls, as long as it isn't affecting pace.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Originally Posted by ApocG10

Shhhhhhhh... You are making sense. Hobo can't understand these things. You need to talk in 'lies' and 'imaginary rules' to get anywhere with him.

Ummm, Iacas is both a pro, and the owner of this site, and disagrees with you completely.

But keep on with the name calling, you'll be banned before you know it. As I said, you are yet to prove anything you said, because you can't, as it is all bullshit. I have never, ever seen a marshall bother anyone who was keeping pace, period. And I doubt you play a harder course than me, as im a member at 3, and regularly play 4 others, all around 140~ slope rating. I also compete. Im sorry your whole life revolves around lying and making up rules on the internet. You are pathetic and sad.

The only ignorant, pissed off poster here is you. The rest of us just think you are foolish, and want to make sure that other new golfers just getting into the game know that there is absolutely no truth to anything you say, and that they should practice on the course as much as they can, as long as they aren't holding anyone up. .

144 and youre still as wrong as youve always been, its nothing to do with holding anyone up pace of play is irrelevant here, its respect of the course and the etiqutte of the game, 2 ball 2 divots that wins it right there game set match me, anyone who actually undertands golf and values it sides with me, disrespectful arrogant idiots are on your side.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by HoboTrekker

no pro or admin has told me I am wrong

I have, actually, so that's that.

And if you've seen marshalls having to deal with this "hundreds" of times then there must be a lot more of these people you call names out there than you've admitted, eh?

Hobo, you get one warning, and this is it: enough with the name-calling and poor behavior. (That's the second warning if you count my earlier request that you "chill.")

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

okay well if youre running a golf site and a pro you really ought to know golf etiquette a little better, the golf course is not to be used for practice, thats why you get practice ranges, the purpose of them is hinted at in the name.

Originally Posted by HoboTrekker

okay well if youre running a golf site and a pro you really ought to know golf etiquette a little better, the golf course is not to be used for practice, thats why you get practice ranges, the purpose of them is hinted at in the name.

Maybe in your little world. But here in the real world, it is not only acceptable, but encouraged by most pro's.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

its not, you live in a sheltered wee world of crappy courses where you can get away with just about anything then, in the real world thats totally out of order, I just spent 10 hours working on a golf course today as I do most days, I know what Im talking about, Im on first name terms with 6 rangers/marshalls as I speak to them every single day.  if practising on the course was okay why do you even need practice facilities surely you could just do that on the course ?   encouraged is laughable too, I sometimes hit a 2nd ball myself, but of all the people in the world I wouldnt want to see me doing it the pro would come top of that list, well maybe the head greenkeeper actually but the pro would be up there.

• Administrator

I'm incredibly well read in golf, respect and understand and acknowledge the traditions, and am smart enough to know that the vast majority of pros don't have a problem with players hitting an extra ball if they're keeping up with the pace and not causing problems.

But thanks for trying.

You're on the edge of being placed in the penalty box with your routine comments about "crappy courses" and just general troll-like behavior. About face, please. Ceasing the name-calling isn't all that's required.

BTW, this is horrible logic. Obviously there are advantages and disadvantages to both.

Originally Posted by HoboTrekker

if practising on the course was okay why do you even need practice facilities surely you could just do that on the course ?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

its not, you live in a sheltered wee world of crappy courses where you can get away with just about anything then, in the real world thats totally out of order, I just spent 10 hours working on a golf course today as I do most days, I know what Im talking about, Im on first name terms with 6 rangers/marshalls as I speak to them every single day.  if practising on the course was okay why do you even need practice facilities surely you could just do that on the course ?   encouraged is laughable too, I sometimes hit a 2nd ball myself, but of all the people in the world I wouldnt want to see me doing it the pro would come top of that list, well maybe the head greenkeeper actually but the pro would be up there.

Nevermind, its impossible to argue with someone as lost as you.

My little world? Im willing to put a big money bet that i've seen far more of this world than you. Don't pretend to know me. You are delusional. What does being on a first name basis with marshalls have to do with anything? Im on a first name basis with golf pro's, nhl hockey players, and 2 MLB baseball players. That doesn't mean a damn thing. I work with athletes every day. Sports science and nutrition is my career. I was walking the streets of ROME/Japan/South Africa/Ireland with my family  before I was even old enough to understand where I was, and continued to travel throughout my whole life.

You are wrong, period, so get off your high horse.

I dont think your world is any bigger than your head, where you make all this stuff up. Logic is not your strongest suit. Especially if you cannot understand the difference between practicing on a range and a course.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

you dont respect and understand the game though thats my point you may think you do but you clearly dont, otherwise you would agree its ludicrous to think playing any more than 1 ball on a hole is okay, why is it okay for you to make 2 divots ?  explain that to me then, given I spent a summer filling divots explain how you dont take any with your 2nd ball otherwise youre wrong.  golf courses charge per round, not per shot or per hour, you get to play each hole one time to completion 18 holes of golf one full round thats what your green fee is for, not to spend 5 hours on the course hitting as many shots as you can fit in or to hit exactly 100 shots, just to play the course, which means playing each hole once.  as for your comments about the site I dont really care it pretty much blows anyway and Ive had just the same from others I havent seen you warning them.

Nevermind, its impossible to argue with someone as lost as you.

My little world? Im willing to put a big money bet that i've seen far more of this world than you. Don't pretend to know me. You are delusional. What does being on a first name basis with marshalls have to do with anything? Im on a first name basis with golf pro's, nhl hockey players, and 2 MLB baseball players. That doesn't mean a damn thing. I work with athletes every day. Sports science and nutrition is my career. I was walking the streets of ROME/Japan/South Africa/Ireland before I was even old enough to understand where I was, and continued to travel throughout my whole life.

You are wrong, period, so get off your high horse.

I dont think your world is any bigger than your head, where you make all this stuff up.

because you quoted marshalls to back you up, is it okay to call you an idiot here or will you get all upset and threaten to ban me, cause what youre saying is idiotic, YOU not me quoted marshalls to back you up, I pointed out I know several and youre wrong.

you dont respect and understand the game though thats my point you may think you do but you clearly dont, otherwise you would agree its ludicrous to think playing any more than 1 ball on a hole is okay, why is it okay for you to make 2 divots ?  explain that to me then, given I spent a summer filling divots explain how you dont take any with your 2nd ball otherwise youre wrong.  golf courses charge per round, not per shot or per hour, you get to play each hole one time to completion 18 holes of golf one full round thats what your green fee is for, not to spend 5 hours on the course hitting as many shots as you can fit in or to hit exactly 100 shots, just to play the course, which means playing each hole once.  as for your comments about the site I dont really care it pretty much blows anyway and Ive had just the same from others I havent seen you warning them.

Green Fee's? I'm a member at 3 clubs (only one is private and exclusive), I can play them as much as I want, one ball, or two, as long as im not holding anyone up, I can play 10.

Again, pro's here in North America often take people to the course to practice. I have a swing coach on Salary, 5 lessons every two weeks, and one of those is an 18 hole round, where he often gets me to hit multiple balls (and so does he). Again, I have never had a marshall complain, as long as you are keeping pace. And about my divots, I fix them myself usually. And when I can't, I dont stress about it. Thats what us members pay memberships for, to have kids like you do it for us.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

My playing lessons take less time than it would for most 4somes to get around the course. We're done with 9 holes in roughly 80-90 minutes. The playing lesson allows for two hrs of instruction and we spend the rest of the time on the practice greens or range.

Dave :-)

Green Fee's? I'm a member at 3 clubs (only one is private and exclusive), I can play them as much as I want, one ball, or two, as long as im not holding anyone up, I can play 10.

Again, pro's here in North America often take people to the course to practice. I have a swing coach on Salary, 5 lessons every two weeks, and one of those is an 18 hole round, where he often gets me to hit multiple balls (and so does he). Again, I have never had a marshall complain, as long as you are keeping pace. And about my divots, I fix them myself usually. And when I can't, I dont stress about it. Thats what us members pay memberships for, to have kids like you do it for us.

kids like me 12 years ago, Im a member of 5 courses, 2 private 3 public, private ones are quiet I may play a 2nd ball on certain shots there, as I said private clubs the rules for members are different.   you can play them as much as you want you are correct, you can play them every day if you want, unless they are total goat tracks you cant play more than one ball on them, perhaps the private one that depends on that clubs rules, you should probably check them by the sounds of things.

Originally Posted by Dave2512

My playing lessons take less time than it would for most 4somes to get around the course. We're done with 9 holes in roughly 80-90 minutes. The playing lesson allows for two hrs of instruction and we spend the rest of the time on the practice greens or range.

Its ok, we dont know anything, we are from a sheltered world of crap courses... And I guess next year when I take and pass the PAT, ill have to be glad it wasn't on Hobo Trekkers super duper hard course. And when im playing Bethpage Black in September, i'll be wishing the course was as hard as Hobo's.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

well i now know i won't be hiring hobo trekker to caddy for me anytime soon with that attitude.

as for the topic:

people get way to angry on the golf course about their own game and that takes over and makes them angry at other golfers for absolutely no reason sometimes. i get both sides, you're not innocent to play 2 balls an entire course (even refraining from putting 2) and the guy obviously was an ass for the way he confronted your friend.

when i play by myself and the course is dead i will absolutely play an extra ball here or there, even if the course is busy if i duff one 5 feet in front of my i might just drop a ball and take a crack at that one, then pick up my duff. there are some rounds where my score is meaningless and i'd rather have the experience of making good shots (even if it's my second) than tightly following the rules of golf and scorekeeping.

but seriously good luck with your attitude hobotrekker.

G25 Driver (10.5* Stiff Flex)

G20 3 Wood (15* Stiff Flex)

i15 3 Hybrid (20* Stiff Flex)

i20 Hybrid (23* Stiff Flex)

JPX 800 (5-AW)

T11 54* (9* Bounce) and 58* (10* Bounce) w/DG Spinner Shafts

Tracy

My ball is anything on sale

Thats what us members pay memberships for, to have kids like you do it for us.

Now go home and get your @#%$# shinebox!

Dave :-)

I dare you to ask the starter at bethpage if its okay if you play 2 balls see what they say and report back here, its about as difficult as my course since youre asking, probably about the same or maybe slightly easier, bethpage that is.

Originally Posted by tiger187126

well i now know i won't be hiring hobo trekker to caddy for me anytime soon with that attitude.

as for the topic:

people get way to angry on the golf course about their own game and that takes over and makes them angry at other golfers for absolutely no reason sometimes. i get both sides, you're not innocent to play 2 balls an entire course (even refraining from putting 2) and the guy obviously was an ass for the way he confronted your friend.

when i play by myself and the course is dead i will absolutely play an extra ball here or there, even if the course is busy if i duff one 5 feet in front of my i might just drop a ball and take a crack at that one, then pick up my duff. there are some rounds where my score is meaningless and i'd rather have the experience of making good shots (even if it's my second) than tightly following the rules of golf and scorekeeping.

but seriously good luck with your attitude hobotrekker.

burner irons ?  lol you must be a total hacker

Note: This thread is 4286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!